|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
TAMARA you can't fool me. I know the real reason you didn't go to college.
Well tell me!
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well tell me!
What college was in Enid?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>What college was in Enid?
Look it up!
Like I said before if all you have to do is get on here and insult everyone and you are saying you went to college someone wasted their money.
Now I am calling it a nite and you can keep playing with yourself.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>What college was in Enid?
It was Phillips University wasn't it?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up!
Like I said before if all you have to do is get on here and insult everyone and you are saying you went to college someone wasted their money.
Now I am calling it a nite and you can keep playing with yourself.
And what was their mascot?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>And what was their mascot?
It was a skunk wasn't it.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>It was a skunk wasn't it.
Funny story TAMARA, I took one of my kids to Oklahoma Bible Academy in Enid (it's a private school) for a academic competition. Afterwards we had some time to kill so we went to your local museum (one of the nicest local history museums in the state) and a small part of the museum was dedicated to Phillips University (which is now closed down). the kids were shocked to see that a University would have a skunk as a mascot, and one made the comment, "no wonder they closed down, who would want to be a P U Skunk". I'm sure since your from Enid that joke gets old, but for us, it was a big LOL! Kids can say the darnedest things can't they. I guess if I can't afford to send him to college, he can be a comedian.
WarForOil

Southlake, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds to me like you have a very strange perversion. Maybe that has something to do with you receiving special invitations to the hospital.
Donations the size of hospital wings get recognition.
I get enough from this institution.

You'll be fortunate if a tombstone
is named after you.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

History

Originally named Oklahoma Christian University, the school was founded by Dr. Ely Vaughn Zollars on October 9, 1906. Enid-area businessmen raised $150,000 and purchased a 40-acre (160,000 m2)Template:Convert/track/adj/ on campus east of Enid. Though ultimately the university would base its teachings on the Disciples of Christ denomination, the committee to bring a university to Enid had a more diverse religious background: Edmund Frantz (Presbyterian), Frank Hamilton (United Brethren, Disciple), Al Loewen (Jewish), J.M. Pieratt (Disciple), and Everett Purcell (Presbyterian).[1] Funding for the operation of the University was supplied by T. W. Phillips of Butler, Pennsylvania and the Disciples of Christ Churches of Oklahoma. Following Phillips' death in 1912 the University was renamed in his honor.[2] During World War II, the Permanente ship builders manufactured a victory ship named after the university called the SS Phillips Victory (VC2-S-AP2, MC Hull Number 758).[3]

Oklahoma Christian University held its first classes September 17, 1907.[2] The first year's enrollment was 256 students, and of the freshman class, only 20 had completed high school.[4] Phillips High School was created in 1907 as a preparatory school at the same time to prepare students for college-level courses, and continued operations until 1925.[5] The school became affiliated with the North Central Association of Colleges on March 23, 1919, and in the American Association of Colleges in 1920.[5]

Phillips University also ran a graduate business school which awarded MBA degrees, and was very well recognized in the states of Oklahoma and Texas. It also had a large international community of students from more than 20 countries.

Athletics

The school's sports teams were called the Haymakers. For one year, 1920, the school was a member of the Southwest Athletic Conference. Between 1917 and 1920, John Maulbetsch was the head football coach at Phillips University.[6] Maulbetsch was an All-American running back at the University of Michigan in 1914, where he earned the nickname the "Human Bullet". With his name recognition, he was able to recruit big-name talent to Phillips, including future Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Owen, and future United States Olympic Committee President Doug Roby. Maulbetsch quickly turned Phillips into a major contender in the southwest, as his teams beat Oklahoma and Texas and lost only one game in the 1918 and 1919 seasons. The 1919 team, known as "Mauley's Iron Men", was considered by many experts to be the finest football squad in the southwest that season.[7]

After defeating the Oklahoma and Texas football teams, the "Haymakers" gained a reputation as “one of the strongest teams in the southwest.”[8][9] When Phillips defeated Texas 10-0 in Austin, Texas in October 1919, the Longhorns had not lost a game since 1917.[10] One Texas newspaper reported that Phillips had "whitewashed the Longhorns in their own corral."[11]

As a result of Phillips' success, it was admitted to the Southwest Conference for the 1920 season. However, with the loss of several key players from the previous squads, Phillips fell to 4-5-1 record, failed to score a single point in conference play and immediately dropped out of the conference. Maulbetsch was hired to coach Oklahoma A&M in 1921. Unable to sustain its previous success, the program's reputation faded; the school finally closed the program in 1933.[7]

Subsequently, Phillips University baseball and basketball teams were in the NAIA. From 1952 through 1981, Phillips University baseball teams dominated their division. Coached by Dr. Joe Record during this period, the Haymakers compiled a 648-294 record for a .688 winning percentage.[12] Three of Record's teams went to the NAIA World Series. He was the NAIA Coach of the Year in 1973, and inducted into the NAIA Hall of Fame in 1975.

WEB: Phillips.edu
Masco: Haymakers
Nickname PU

For more info look it up So What!
You having fun yet?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well So What better a Barfly than a Jackass! And You are when started having our kids it was because we opted to. Not done by accident! So what is it to you? I wish you were made to grow up in my time span. From what and the way you post on here you would never had made it!
Now that is funny. You may not have but there were plenty that did. Your so good at speaking for a large group of people that really should be narrowed down to simply "I."

And what you say to her is exactly what the earlier generation said to you.

Oh...back in my day....give me a break.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny. You may not have but there were plenty that did. Your so good at speaking for a large group of people that really should be narrowed down to simply "I."
You know when my parents or grandparents use back in my day I knew things were harder and different then the times I was living in. Back in their days we listen to them, but did not put them down. We also did not judge them for what they did do or did not do. My point why is it a good thing to attack someone and make judgements on that person decision in life. She or you have no idea what my life growing up was like just as I have no idea about your childhood or little Miss "So Whats".
So what large group was I talking for?

By the way I hope your Dad got back on his feet and is doing better. You had posted he was having health issues.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
If your comment "You may not have but plenty that did" is about college again you have no idea of what my family life was all about! So If you and your new found friend think I am below you think again. This way of thinking is where you and I have a problem.
Now hope your day is a good one. Mine will not be so much, I have a friend that is fight for her life still and it took a down hill turn. So you and your new friend just have fun bashing what you think I am all about. Glad to see this is the high point of your day.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

So What

I left something off of my list too, they group from the 50's and 60's also gave us the 'no fault' divorce as well.

And those were the last generations to have a good career with a high school education.

And then they got convinced to throw away something their parents gave them and that was unions. And our salaries have never recovered.
WarForOil

Southlake, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
So What
that group from the 50's and 60's also gave us the 'no fault' divorce as well.

And those were the last generations to have a good career with a high school education.

And our salaries have never recovered.
They were the last overpaid underqualified generation.
Thankfully high school grads aren't worth much now.

Just because you got muscle don't mean you got money.
Volunteer for the Army, they need muscle.

Dumb like Dad don't cut it anymore.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the Repubs want to hold us hostage again.

October is the debt limit dance again.

Who needs a recovery?

Well Obamacare is not the only thing on the chopping block, it's Obamacare, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

I guess that sequester wasn't enough.

Let's see take more money out of the pockets of the Middle Class and what do we have?

Oh yeah, they have less money to spend.

You know there's a reason why Republicans in charge of government have never worked our economically well for the people who have to live under them.

Because it's damn dumb. It's abject stupidity.

We should be spending not cutting.

You know when we started our business, we had nothing but debt. But that debt gave us the opportunity to make money. And have a business.

Borrowing money, the interest is at all time lows.

So how much interest do you have off of your savings account, if you have one? Chump change.

And your a chump if your buying what they are trying to sell you.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
They were the last overpaid underqualified generation.
Thankfully high school grads aren't worth much now.
Volunteer for the Army, they need muscle.
Dumb like Dad don't cut it anymore.
Nah, that's not true in every case.

It was having a good idea.

But know good idea's are in short supply.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Why I know that we are lacking in good ideas is the rest of the world is catching up to us off of our good ideas.

Let's talk about Iran for instance.

We were supposedly killing them with those embargoes.

Well, with oil and a population that wants the good life too even if they have to live under less than optimal conditions.

They are buying like crazy.

And so is the rest of the world.

From China

In my husband's hometown of Shiraz, they have been building malls like crazy and new business. Every one has one.

The newest mall is like the Mall of America, almost 900 stores with amusement rides and 2 levels just for restaurants.

The same things are happening through out the Far East in places like Thailand and Indonesia.

You know the saying "You snooze, you lose."

We have been snoozing to long.

You don't save your way to prosperity.

Nor do you get prospers buy sinking all your money in your military.

When every one has a college education, we are still going to need a garbage man but he'll make some damn good money.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Okay you doofuses worry about the debt and those that are smarter than you will use the money sitting out there that is almost 1 or 2% to borrow and get rich off it.

Your standard of living is on the decline.

And so is your infrastructure.

Our country is in serious need of investment.

So instead of saying we are all in this together your turning it over to privatization and those one's that use the money at 1@ interest will own everything.

But sit there with your guns but you know just how good is a gun when every body has one?
WaqForOil

Southlake, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>

Nah, that's not true in every case.
It was having a good idea.
But know good idea's are in short supply.
So true, some muscle got money.
Are you one of those rich athletes
with sports related brain damage ?

Some of us do have good ideas, and
become rich. Moi.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

We have some exceeding good opportunities to move this country forward.

China is not building up their arsenal to fight us, their having trouble containing their own citizens.

The Middle East too.

Just like this stupid idea about Bombing Syria.

"It's unlawful to kill people with gas, they have to be killed with only approved measures." So we are going to kill you with approved measures. Bombs. Like God intended."

We have enough to maintain our security.

Now we need to get to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 45,501 - 45,520 of69,362
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altus Discussions

Search the Altus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 13 hr Max 2,579
Recognize abuse in men (Oct '13) Jul 6 Been there 2
Rape Jul 4 Well 2
Altus girl in critical condition after near dro... Jul 1 YOUR ANNOYING!!! 3
Love's Gas price (Dec '13) Jul 1 Just Observing 6
She's three; not stupid Jul 1 Thrive 6
Is Altus in danger of running out of water? Jun 30 Just Observing 1
•••
•••