• Other (explain below)
Comments
43,401 - 43,420 of 75,163 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#44479 Jul 5, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way as smart as you keep telling me you are you should have know this was not me. We both have posted long enough on here to know how each does post!
Familiarity is not my style.
Didn't care to learn any personals on my employees.
I'm not studying your personality either.

You're more an object than something warm to me.
Don't expect any affection or personal considerations.

Don't know you now, won't ever.
Jesse

United States

#44480 Jul 5, 2013
I was a young rural Oklahoma farm girl then, not quite a teenager, spending my days and nights tending to war wounds of the love of my life, a boy I intended to marry and did. A Veterans Administration hospital tried to kill him, my boy went AWOL and made his way back home to our farm to tell us how much he loves us, before he dies. He almost died on us several times during a year of struggling to save his life. Choctaw medicine, my elders and my loving little girl hands saved his life.

During this time of struggling to save my future husband's life, my Choctaw elders warned me to stay away from Bureau of Indian Affairs medical clinics, "Child, never set foot in one of those clinics, they will kill you." We knew something ain't right, Kaw women up north stopped having babies. Rumors from the Sioux up in the Plains drifted down our way, Indian women were being secretly sterilized by our government. Almost two decades later court litigation reveals Uncle Sam was sending out white Christian doctors to secretly and forcibly sterilize American Indian girls and women, upwards to a hundred-thousand by the Eighties.

Roger Simon, back in ancient times, writes of "America's Glorious Failures". Our nation tried to kill the love of my life, this boy I married. America secretly sterilized us Indian girls to continue the genocide. I do not view this as America's failures, I view this as our nation forcing failures upon our American peoples, back then, today and into our future.

Okpulot Taha - Choctaw Nation
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44481 Jul 5, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Familiarity is not my style.
Didn't care to learn any personals on my employees.
I'm not studying your personality either.
You're more an object than something warm to me.
Don't expect any affection or personal considerations.
Don't know you now, won't ever.
Well then go for it and wasting your time thinking you are telling me off when you are not. And you are a the Joker on here. Now go play like you making the big bucks some where.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#44482 Jul 5, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean you would be for outlawing automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, swimming, airplanes, football etc. etc..........
==========
No but would certainly be for outlawing something like fireworks which serves no constructive useful purpose and could easily be done without, and we know this because fireworks are not an everyday or regular activity. Biggest time is once a year proving they are not essential to citizens quality of life.

Location hidden

#44483 Jul 5, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was sad about the 8 yr. being killed. But this accident with a trailer being pulled by a truck and I say truck because that is mostly what pulls trailers could have happened some where else.
Yes fireworks are dangerous and we have always tried are best to do it safely but like a lot of thing something can go wrong.
We had a good 4th. Hope the firing of fireworks calm down around here now. We live outside the City limits so they can be shot of at any time. I think my 2 labs think this is the worse time of their lives. They would not be good hunting dogs. Spoilt worse than some kids are.
Glad to see you are still around.
==========
>>>But this accident with a trailer being pulled by a truck and I say truck because that is mostly what pulls trailers could have happened some where else.<<<

Yeah, but it didn't happen elsewhere. It happened in conjunction with fireworks activity. An activity that serves no essential nor constructive purpose.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44484 Jul 5, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>But this accident with a trailer being pulled by a truck and I say truck because that is mostly what pulls trailers could have happened some where else.<<<
Yeah, but it didn't happen elsewhere. It happened in conjunction with fireworks activity. An activity that serves no essential nor constructive purpose.
You may be right about this accident but I know similar accidents have happen on farms, at lakes and in driveways.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44485 Jul 5, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>==========

Actually it happened in a parade in the middle of the day. Had nothing whatsoever to do with fireworks. The same thing happened to an elderly man yesterday, in a parade.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44486 Jul 5, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>==========
No but would certainly be for outlawing something like fireworks which serves no constructive useful purpose and could easily be done without, and we know this because fireworks are not an everyday or regular activity. Biggest time is once a year proving they are not essential to citizens quality of life.
It's not a matter if its essential to a citizens quality of life. It's freedom to do as one chooses and self responsibility. People do not need the government to give them permission or tell them how to live. People do not need the government acting as if the people are stupid and the government knows better.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44488 Jul 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it happened in a parade in the middle of the day. Had nothing whatsoever to do with fireworks. The same thing happened to an elderly man yesterday, in a parade.
The accident happened after the parade was over.

Location hidden

#44489 Jul 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter if its essential to a citizens quality of life. It's freedom to do as one chooses and self responsibility. People do not need the government to give them permission or tell them how to live. People do not need the government acting as if the people are stupid and the government knows better.
==========
Individual rights don't trump common rights when the arena is a public one where the harmful activity is being carried out. We know it is harmful from the 20,000 needlessly injured, and the thousands hospitalized, and from those killed by or in conjunction with activities designed to lead to fireworks climax.

Doing for the people the common good which the people as individuals cannot do, or can't do so well for themselves as individuals is uniquely the function of sovereign purpose.

Also, disturbing the peace and tranquility of a neighborhood is not only wrong, it is against the law.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44491 Jul 5, 2013
According to Edmond police, it happened when the LibertyFest parade was over. The float was headed towards the staging area at Ayers Street and Baumann Avenue. Authorities say the child fell or jumped off the float, that's when he was run over by the back wheels of the trailer.

This on News 9 about the accident happening after the parade was over. Now judge this
funny, Clueless and off topic!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44492 Jul 5, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
According to Edmond police, it happened when the LibertyFest parade was over. The float was headed towards the staging area at Ayers Street and Baumann Avenue. Authorities say the child fell or jumped off the float, that's when he was run over by the back wheels of the trailer.
This on News 9 about the accident happening after the parade was over. Now judge this

They can't TAMARA, I took over the judging ICON's. Watch your other post above this one as I fix it, LOL.

Location hidden

#44493 Jul 5, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
==========
Parade? What parade? You mean they were there because of a parade? What kind of Parade? Parade did not have fireworks associated with that celebration, did it, that the kiddies had shown up to witness? Or they just happen to be riding in a wagon and fell off and they were not there because of a celebration involving fireworks, which without they would have not been there?

No fireworks celebration no dead child
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44494 Jul 5, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't TAMARA, I took over the judging ICON's. Watch your other post above this one as I fix it, LOL.
How funny. Usually I pay no ATTENTION TO THSOE STUPID THINGS. But to put funny on anyones post about a childs death should get his head put in the toilet and give it a few flushing to clear the cobwebs out. Thanks!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44495 Jul 5, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Parade? What parade? You mean they were there because of a parade? What kind of Parade? Parade did not have fireworks associated with that celebration, did it, that the kiddies had shown up to witness? Or they just happen to be riding in a wagon and fell off and they were not there because of a celebration involving fireworks, which without they would have not been there?
No fireworks celebration no dead child
The parade was the MORNING of the 4th of July. You know like some places has Christmas parades. No Fireworks being shot off. Edmond is not the only place that have 4th of July parades, You Know. Whether the 4th had fireworks or not this parade would have gone on. It was not in honor of fireworks but is was for Independence of this country.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44496 Jul 5, 2013
The state of California claimed that its version of Obamacare’s health insurance exchange would actually reduce premiums.“These rates are way below the worst-case gloom-and-doom scenarios we have heard,” boasted Peter Lee, executive director of the California exchange. But the data that Lee released tells a different story: Obamacare, in fact, will increase individual-market premiums in California by as much as 146 percent.

One of the most serious flaws with Obamacare is that its blizzard of regulations and mandates drives up the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own. This problem will be especially acute when the law’s main provisions was to kick in on January 1, 2014, leading many to worry about health insurance “rate shock” so much that Obama had it changed to January 1, 2015, in hopes of saving some Democrats a sure defeat in the Mid-Term Elections.

So Now... Democrats' New Argument: It's A Good Thing That Obamacare Only Doubles Individual Health Insurance Premiums.

Imagine That, LOL. I want to see how many cheerleaders The Unaffordable Care Act has when people really get billed for it and then we shall see whose left laughing. Progressive Liberals will pay just like everyone else except those that the Obama Administration sees fit to give a waiver like they did for them selves.
Prickly Heat

United States

#44498 Jul 5, 2013
Ban guns and fireworks!!!!!
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44499 Jul 5, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Individual rights don't trump common rights when the arena is a public one where the harmful activity is being carried out. We know it is harmful from the 20,000 needlessly injured, and the thousands hospitalized, and from those killed by or in conjunction with activities designed to lead to fireworks climax.

Doing for the people the common good which the people as individuals cannot do, or can't do so well for themselves as individuals is uniquely the function of sovereign purpose.

Also, disturbing the peace and tranquility of a neighborhood is not only wrong, it is against the law.
Do I really need to respond to this or do you all see all the problems with it? Sometimes I wonder if its even worth the time.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#44500 Jul 6, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
The state of California claimed that its version of Obamacare’s health insurance exchange would actually reduce premiums. But the data that Lee released tells a different story: Obamacare, in fact, will increase individual-market premiums in California by as much as 146 percent.

One of the most serious flaws with Obamacare is that its blizzard of regulations and mandates drives up the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own.
Premiums will go up for those who now have ' substandard '
policies. As they should. Now you have to buy good insurance.

As it stands now 41% of health care costs are overhead
management costs ( paperwork ). Medicare has only an
8% overhead cost. The AHCA will be an improvement.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44501 Jul 6, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Premiums will go up for those who now have ' substandard '
policies. As they should. Now you have to buy good insurance.
As it stands now 41% of health care costs are overhead
management costs ( paperwork ). Medicare has only an
8% overhead cost. The AHCA will be an improvement.
Now that explains why medicare is so slow with their paper work. When you get an explanation on a bill a year and a half old this is on the ridiculous side of doing things.
I hope when you are talking about the 41% that you are not saying this just because of insurance's paper work.
There will be 4 levels of health insurance plans to pick from. Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze to what kind of coverage a person will have. So who knows [and I am sure you don't know for sure] if silver or bronze will be better than what you call substandard health insurance policies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gustoffl 2,631
Work FORCE Thu cacahuete 1
Co-parenting (Jun '13) Aug 25 Fathers rights 32
Lion King Aug 22 reveen 5
Illegal drug use ruined my family Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 4
Respect Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 2
Review: Tamarack Assisted Living Center Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 1
•••
•••
•••

Altus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000