Perkins, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

I wonder what all those people who were knocked down to part time jobs bc of Obamacare feel about it?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

DoesntMatter wrote:
Admin. providing additional year before Obamacare mandatory employer + insurer reporting requirements begin http://t.co/UsxWMTlDe7
Disaster
Ok, What are they talking about when they say 'Any employer shared responsibility and it won't kick in until 2015? I thought Under the new healthcare law that employers were to pay the whole amount of the employees health insurance. So
what are they talking about. Or do they know what they are talking about for sure?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Under the new healthcare law that employers were to pay the whole amount of the employees health insurance.
Do you have magic mushrooms too.
Free lunch for all.

Dream on.

Ignorant Okie.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Free lunch for all.
Dream on.
Ignorant Okie.
Why the heck don't you try to say something intelligent once in awhile. Oh I know that would be hard for someone that has no idea what that is!

Now You Dream on!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Free lunch for all.
Dream on.
Ignorant Okie.
Oh by the way maybe whoever is in charge of making sure you don't do or say stupid shit you fire them. They aren't doing a very good job!
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the heck don't you try to say something intelligent once in awhile.

I thought Under the new healthcare law that employers were to pay the whole amount of the employees health insurance
How can you complain about stupid when you make
totally ignorant statements like ' I thought it was
going to be free '. You're the worse kind of common
American, totally dumb.

How many times have you and your parents bought the
Brooklyn Bridge ?

You will always be a burden to society. Someone
else has to do your thinking.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
American, totally dumb.
Brooklyn Bridge ?
It said the employer would be providing the employees with healthcare. But what the employers pay for an employees health ins. would be add onto earned wages when filing federal and state tax returns. There will be no more employer paying a percent of health ins and employee paying a percent of their health ins. For example employer pays 70% and the employees paid 30% but under the new health care law employers pay 100% for employees but what the employer pays is considered earned income for the employee.
Now prove me wrong Smarty pants!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
American, totally dumb.
Brooklyn Bridge ?
I never said anything would be free! But employers and employees are not sharing nothing when it comes to health ins. premiums. Read the article or shut up!
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

So... Have you all seen the video of the abortion advocates in Texas chanting Hail Satan at the pro lifers while they were singing Amazing Grace?
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, What are they talking about when they say 'Any employer shared responsibility and it won't kick in until 2015? I thought Under the new healthcare law that employers were to pay the whole amount of the employees health insurance. So
what are they talking about. Or do they know what they are talking about for sure?
I'm not really sure about this Tamara. I'm not under the impression that employers will pay the entire amount.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure about this Tamara. I'm not under the impression that employers will pay the entire amount.
I thought that is what employers with 50 or more employees were throwing a fit about and cutting employees hours back to part time help. Most employers now will have a health care plan in play and usually it is employers pay 70% and employees pay 30%. Sometimes the percent of what employers pay will be higher or lower and employees pay the difference.
I guess it is something to check on. That's what confused me when that article talked about employers shared responsibility.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no more employer paying a percent of health ins and employee paying a percent of their health ins. For example employer pays 70% and the employees paid 30% but under the new health care law employers pay 100% for employees but what the employer pays is considered earned income for the employee.
Wow that's complicated. Does your head hurt ?

Nothing has changed except that that you'll
now have more imputed income ( as it should be ).

How can this be so hard for you to understand ?
No wonder you oppose it.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Affordable Care Act may affect jobs once fully implemented
Some fear that employers may be hesitant to hire if they are near the 50-employee quota
By Lianna Serko · March 25, 2013, 8:34 pm
11/12/12:
Rep. Allyson Schwartz leads Affordable Care Act discussion
Just one year away from its full implementation in 2014, the Affordable Care Act continues to raise concerns as many consider the effects it may have on national full-time employment.
One part of the ACA — passed in 2010 — says that companies with more than 50 employees must provide affordable health care insurance to employees so they do not get fined several thousand dollars per worker.
However, this penalty rule only applies to full-time workers — employers won’t be fined for not providing health insurance to part-time employees who work 30 hours or less per week.
With these conditions, some have been afraid that employers will avoid hiring if they are near the 50-employee quota, or that employers will begin to hire more part-time instead of full-time workers so they aren’t penalized. Economists and health care management experts do not all agree on the relative severity of the situation.
Scott Harrington, a professor of health care management at the Wharton School, said that there is reason to believe the ACA will have negative effects on employment in both of the above-mentioned dimensions to some extent.
“Employers in the 30- to 40-employee range will think very carefully about hitting that magic number of 50,” Harrington said.
“The primary effects,” he added,“would be on sectors and employers that are relatively low-wage and low-skill.”
Professor of health care management Mark Pauly agreed. Both Harrington and Pauly also agreed that the debate over the effects of the ACA is also linked to the issue of the national minimum wage.
“If you have an employer that’s primarily employing low-skill and low-wage workers and not providing health insurance,” Harrington said,“[and] if they have to start providing health insurance or pay a penalty, it increases their costs of hiring. If there isn’t any offset in wage, it makes it much less attractive to hire people.”
One view is that employers could reduce wages so as to cover the costs of the required purchase of health insurance. This tactic only works until employers hit the minimum wage, below which they can no longer take money out of wages and put it towards the cost of the insurance.
Another consideration is the labor supply itself. According to Harrington and Pauly, people’s willingness to work is based on and very sensitive to wages and benefits. If wages are reduced as employers purchase their employees’ health insurance, workers might come to see a job as less attractive overall.
“Workers might pull out of the labor market if less cash and more insurance isn’t worth it to them,” Pauly said.“It’s the workers’ valuation of health insurance that’s really key here.”
Another way to look at the situation, Pauly added, is that “when health reform kicks in, there will be a lot more people with health insurance than before — around 25 million more people will have insurance.” The more people that have health insurance, the more people will use health care services — meaning that the ACA might actually have a positive effect in the creation of more jobs in the health care industry.
While Harrington believes the ACA will definitely have some effect on employment and Pauly thinks it probably will, professor of economics Hanming Fang believes that the ACA will have little overall effect on American employment.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

“On the one hand, there might be some incentives for firms whose intended size was 50 prior to the ACA to cutback some hiring so as to stay below the threshold of 50,” Fang said in an email.“On the other hand, it can increase the ability of small firms to hire more workers because now workers in these small firms can buy affordable health insurance from the exchanges.”
He added that as the workforce becomes healthier and more productive because of the additional coverage, hiring will increase. However, Fang concluded that “the several margins of adjustment mentioned … more or less cancel out.”
While experts have not yet reached a consensus on the effects the ACA will have on U.S. employment, Pauly claimed that the policy is not as bad as critics make it out to be.

When it says "companies with more than 50 employees must provide affordable healthcare insurance to employees so they do not get fined several thousands dollars per worker."
I am taking it that the employer is paying for the employees healthcare insurance.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you oppose it.
Show me proof that the employer is not paying for his 50 or more employees health care insurance.

I know you really don't want to tax your brain to hard!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you oppose it.
For an employee to some degree they will have more impute to their income. But being an accountant you should know that this money that the employer will pay for their health care whether the employee is single or a family plan it will be counted as earned income on their w-2 form.
Now looking at the employers side it means more added expense to running their business. There is the catch to whether they lay people off or cut their hours so they are not counted as full time employees and even stop hiring completely.

Now is this to hard for you to comprehend Mr. Accountant?
And the answer to your question "Does my head hurt?" the answer is NO!
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Egypt's military set deadline has now passed. Oil is going up quick so you all should fill your tanks now. Things are about to get bad over there. Why the media is not covering it and is stuck on Zimmerman being found not guilty, I don't know. But everyone should find an alternative media source that is covering this. Egyptians are asking why Obama is supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and giving them our money. They are wanting us to stand in the streets. Things are heating up.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

DoesntMatter wrote:
Egypt's military set deadline has now passed. Oil is going up quick so you all should fill your tanks now. Things are about to get bad over there. Why the media is not covering it and is stuck on Zimmerman being found not guilty, I don't know. But everyone should find an alternative media source that is covering this. Egyptians are asking why Obama is supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and giving them our money. They are wanting us to stand in the streets. Things are heating up.
Mr. Odumbo and his progressive minions wanted Morsi, and well Gee they got him...Now what?
ROFLMAO

If Morsi goes, who will be the Magic Kenyan's friend in Egypt, lol?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Odumbo and his progressive minions wanted Morsi, and well Gee they got him...Now what?
ROFLMAO
If Morsi goes, who will be the Magic Kenyan's friend in Egypt, lol?
Hello PH!

Need your help again. In fact I was saying to myself I wish PH would post today.
Okay how is Obamacare going to work with the employers that have 50 or more full time employees? How does the paying for their health insurance work and how does it get paid for?
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

A military coup is underway in Egypt, according to President Mohamed Morsi's national security adviser. Security forces have placed a travel ban on President Morsi and a number of top Muslim Brotherhood officials, according to AFP sources.

The adviser stated that he expects army and police violence to remove pro-Mursi demonstrators from the streets of Cairo.

A Morsi presidential aide stated that "no military coup can succeed against popular resistance without considerable bloodshed."

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi has offered a consensus government as a way out of the country's crisis, but offered no new compromises. The leader has refused to step down, and instructed the military not to "take sides."

The proposed coalition government would include a Prime Minister elected by political powers, according to a presidential statement. The statement added that "the scenario that some parties are trying to impose is rejected by the people."

The military ultimatum given to President Mohamed Morsi has come and gone, as hundreds of thousands of people take to the streets. Morsi previously rejected the deadline, which gave him 48 hours to meet the demands of the people before facing army intervention.

Just before the afternoon deadline imposed by the military expired, Morsi again rejected army intervention. The leader said that abiding by his electoral legitimacy was the only way to prevent violence. He criticized the military for "taking only one side."

"One mistake that cannot be accepted, and I say this as president of all Egyptians, is to take sides," Morsi said in a statement issued by his office. "Justice dictates that the voice of the masses from all squares should be heard."

The meeting between Commander-In-Chief of the Egyptian Armed Forces, Abdul Fatah Khalil Al-Sisi, and political forces is still ongoing, Al Arabiya reports. The most important issue being discussed is reportedly that of sending reassuring messages to the Brotherhood's leaders.

The two sides seem unwilling to budge, with protesters stating that Morsi and his Brotherhood party are pushing an Islamist agenda on Egypt.

The Tamarod movement has called on Egyptians to take to the streets and squares immediately, and to listen to the army's speech.

The Brotherhood says the army’s actions amount to a coup and says that its members are ready to become martyrs to defend the president.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lion King 3 hr reveen 5
Illegal drug use ruined my family 16 hr Elise Renee Ginge... 4
Respect 17 hr Elise Renee Ginge... 2
Review: Tamarack Assisted Living Center 17 hr Elise Renee Ginge... 1
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Dennis 2,602
Old fool Aug 18 Reaping and sowing 1
Man to man Aug 17 Fool 2

Search the Altus Forum:
•••
•••
Altus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Altus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000