OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44191 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Those were the good old days. To bad your money is more important than your health today.
You side stepped my question to YOU! What do you mean by saying to me 'To bad your money is more important than your health today."?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44192 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Those were the good old days. To bad your money is more important than your health today.
What time period our you calling the "Good old days"?
So What

Newalla, OK

#44193 Jun 24, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
I know nothing about an article from the Oklahman but will look and read it just the same. Articles are just references to me to help find the facts that support it.
"Could" means exactly that! It may or it may not happen but...
"Is Already Happening" means it is already happening and growing!
Whether you believe what I posted will or not happen is totally irrelevent to me, one way or the other. When I see it happening and am told it is a growing trend, then I simply take that under advisement and watch to see what happens, that simple.
It is beyond debatable to me and "if" has been removed and replace with "how big of a trend will it become" when Doctors realize they make more for less overhead dealing with all the redtape and cut in pay. Now I will simply watch and see.
The Patient gets back what ever the insurance pays or... Find their ass another Doctor, lol.
Here is a leftwing news source or just Google:
Why Doctors are going to a cash only basis
...and pick one or several for that matter.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/11/news/economy/...
The start of the article says; from the Oklahoman:

Why do you think I would be interested in a "leftwing news source"?
So What

Newalla, OK

#44194 Jun 24, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You side stepped my question to YOU! What do you mean by saying to me 'To bad your money is more important than your health today."?
Do you think the average Joe can get the same medical care without insurance, than they would if they had no way to pay?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44195 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>If you had no insurance when your husband got sick, do you think his chances of survival would have been the same?
You know what we were not about whether someone had health insurance or not. We were talking about doctors and you saying that they were not doing their job and being available like they should. We were talking about when Obamacare kicks in and the flood on insured people causing an over load on the medical doctors.
You are always changing the subject just like when were talking medicare plans and supplement insurance and you said medicare made a good supplement ins. and I asked how did the deductibles work with the primary health ins. plan and medicare as the supplement. Never got your take on that one either.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44196 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the average Joe can get the same medical care without insurance, than they would if they had no way to pay?
You answer my question and I'll answer yours. but I already have explained myself about the over flow on doctors. Were not talking about who did or did not have health ins. We were talking overflow on the medical doctor.
So What

Newalla, OK

#44197 Jun 24, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>What time period our you calling the "Good old days"?
When the left and right would work together, and could get something done? I'm not sure what you are wanting to hear.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44198 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>When the left and right would work together, and could get something done? I'm not sure what you are wanting to hear.
And what does this have to do with the good old days? To my post talking bout the doctors my Mother worked for you back this is not the good old days. I just wanted to know what years you are calling the good old days?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44199 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
Oh by the way if my money was more important than my health or my family's health I would not have bought health ins. and spent it on something else.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44200 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>When the left and right would work together, and could get something done? I'm not sure what you are wanting to hear.

It is not a damn leftwing or rightwing issue so quit trying to make it that. I agree they disagree but that is not the discussion. Discuss fact know and try to see or get a feel for what is about to happen because of The UnAffordable Care Act, aka: Obamacare!

Google this and just pick one if you don't want to read the Oklahoman...

Access to physicians in Oklahoma, especially in rural parts of the state, could become even more limited when the federal health care law kicks in next year and thousands
but... it's just not Oklahoma that is going to feel it.

Right here is a wide variety of sources all across the nation:
http://www.trackinfections.com/associated-pre...

Oh' BTW, I agree with the Oklahoman's article now that I had the time to go to their site and read what "DoesntMatter" posted because I can find facts that support that reporting, not because I like or dislike them. What they say is verifiable! Time is where the real answer is but I say facts support that it is going to be a nightmare soon for many is a fact! How Many is the real question yet to be answered!

Those of us with cash will go to the front of the line and those depending on insurance or Government Payment will wait or realize the nightmare first and all because of Obamavare. That is the point!
So What

Newalla, OK

#44201 Jun 24, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You know what we were not about whether someone had health insurance or not. We were talking about doctors and you saying that they were not doing their job and being available like they should. We were talking about when Obamacare kicks in and the flood on insured people causing an over load on the medical doctors.
You are always changing the subject just like when were talking medicare plans and supplement insurance and you said medicare made a good supplement ins. and I asked how did the deductibles work with the primary health ins. plan and medicare as the supplement. Never got your take on that one either.
There is no deductible for Medicare if it is secondary, that I know of. Medicare becomes secondary anytime you have other health insurances. My parents had enough insurance that they made money when they got sick, so don't hold me to that.

The reason I didn't answer before was because I had to go. I have an 11 and 14 year old so things can get crazy in a moments notice. Sorry.
So What

Newalla, OK

#44202 Jun 24, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a damn leftwing or rightwing issue so quit trying to make it that. I agree they disagree but that is not the discussion. Discuss fact know and try to see or get a feel for what is about to happen because of The UnAffordable Care Act, aka: Obamacare!
Google this and just pick one if you don't want to read the Oklahoman...
Access to physicians in Oklahoma, especially in rural parts of the state, could become even more limited when the federal health care law kicks in next year and thousands
but... it's just not Oklahoma that is going to feel it.
Right here is a wide variety of sources all across the nation:
http://www.trackinfections.com/associated-pre...
Oh' BTW, I agree with the Oklahoman's article now that I had the time to go to their site and read what "DoesntMatter" posted because I can find facts that support that reporting, not because I like or dislike them. What they say is verifiable! Time is where the real answer is but I say facts support that it is going to be a nightmare soon for many is a fact! How Many is the real question yet to be answered!
Those of us with cash will go to the front of the line and those depending on insurance or Government Payment will wait or realize the nightmare first and all because of Obamavare. That is the point!
Could is not being used to describe FACT! I can find coulds that states just the opposite, and it wouldn't matter who said it, you would call it liberal BS.
So What

Newalla, OK

#44203 Jun 24, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text
Unlike you, I only have to go to through the line once, but thanks to the stupid voters of Oklahoma, you have to go to the, Pay Before Services are Rendered line before they will see you. I'm sure they love you after you pay, because they just charged you at least twice as much as they are allowed to charge the insurance companies.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44204 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>There is no deductible for Medicare if it is secondary, that I know of. Medicare becomes secondary anytime you have other health insurances. My parents had enough insurance that they made money when they got sick, so don't hold me to that.
The reason I didn't answer before was because I had to go. I have an 11 and 14 year old so things can get crazy in a moments notice. Sorry.
If I have time I may call Medicare to find out. Most primary health plans have a deductible and certain percent of pay out then a supplement usually has a deductible and picks up the rest of the pay out. Like primary ins. pays 80% and supplement pays 20%. Usually both will have a deductible. I just can't see medicare not having some sort of deductible with being a supplement. I am not seeing how one makes money from health ins. claims. More so with medicare involved. Now I am not saying you are wrong but it is hard for me to believe.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44205 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>There is no deductible for Medicare if it is secondary, that I know of. Medicare becomes secondary anytime you have other health insurances. My parents had enough insurance that they made money when they got sick, so don't hold me to that.
Can you provide info on the fact that with medicare being the supplement insurance that there is no medicare deductible?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44208 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
If do or do not have a primary health plan insurance when you turn 65 you have to sign up for Medicare Part A which is hospitalization or pay higher medicare premiums when you do finally sign up for Part A and B or the Advantage Plan. You can make medicare your primary and what you have with your employer the secondary or vise versa. Part A medicare has the higher deductible of $1,165.00 for the first 3 months of a hospital stay and the Part B is $162.00 for the year. This is why I am saying it is hard for me to believe that if a person has medicare as the supplement that there in no deductibles.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44209 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I only have to go to through the line once, but thanks to the stupid voters of Oklahoma, you have to go to the, Pay Before Services are Rendered line before they will see you. I'm sure they love you after you pay, because they just charged you at least twice as much as they are allowed to charge the insurance companies.

No, just like you I only go thru one time too, each time I have ever went or will ever go. I have and always will pay cash. Better service, Better Care, Cheaper in the long run for me! In fact so much so that I would never consider it any other way.

I have not nor will I ever participate in Obamacare or anything like it and that is a fact! You keep saying cash cost more and I say, you are wrong because I have many many years of proof myself for me as to what insurance would have cost against what it actually has cost in medical expense throughout my life time and I have saved Thousands and Thousands of Dollars already over what premiuns would have cost. And HELL NO! I do not want to debate the "what if's" with you or anyone else, fact is I saved it and I am happy with it, that's all that matters to me. I don't care what Obama or anyone else thinks about it.
And to your last post before this one, anytime you get Government involved in healthcare, it's liberal bullshit!

Example: Look at Unfunded Liabilites of Medicare, Medicaid just to right now for goodness sakes!$65 Trillion+ already before Obamacare. That alone will never be repaid. If it can, show me because I say it can't!
NO, you're wrong! Not thanks to Oklahoma Voters, it will be thanks to Obamacare and all the Doctors Nationwide that demand cash only for services rendered policy because of it's over-reaching authority. Some Doctors here and everywhere will accept whatever it is, just won't be enough of them therefore the system gets back-logged like never before in HISTORY! NOT JUST IN OKLAHOMA EITHER, EVERYWHERE, North to South, East to West, everywhere!

Doctors never have been nor will they ever be bound by law to accept insurance as payment in full involuntarly.THAT'S DICTATORSHIP! In other words it is the Doctors choice whether he accepts Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or Obamacare or not. Or even as part of the bill with balance due upon services rendered. Nice try but... try again, in China or Iran or somewhere, not here in America.

That's the point and you will see, in time Doctors will show they are not the ones who will work for free or reduced pay. Some may but most will not and they shouldn't. The ones that do will not be enough to meet the new and upcoming demand. In turn that starts the long lines waiting to just get in if and when you find the one that will accept what you have and when they can get to you. The ones it's meant to help the most, is the ones it will hurt first, not the ones that can pay cash. Those that pay cash get some back from their policy issuer if they have one.

The mandate is a whole different issue, some will have to buy in or pay penelty, some of us don't. I'm lucky, I don't and won't.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44210 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I only have to go to through the line once, but thanks to the stupid voters of Oklahoma, you have to go to the, Pay Before Services are Rendered line before they will see you. I'm sure they love you after you pay, because they just charged you at least twice as much as they are allowed to charge the insurance companies.
What line are you talking about going thru once and so on that you have in this post.
So What

Newalla, OK

#44211 Jun 24, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>What line are you talking about going thru once and so on that you have in this post.
The HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PAY LINE.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44212 Jun 24, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>The HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PAY LINE.
Doctor's office I go to the check in line. If I am a new patient I give them my insurance cards and fill out my medical history. The I see the doctor and leave. If I go some where for test I show them insurance cards and have test run and go home. Same thing if I check into the hospital. Each place files my insurance and if I have not met my deductibles for medicare and supplement then I get a bill and I pay it. I don't stand in line to pay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angelica Willis 12 hr Anonymous 3
Terry "Anthony" Garner (Aug '15) Thu Antonio padraza 10
Selena reyes (Jun '16) Thu Antonio padraza 16
Jesse (James) Wilder (Nov '15) Apr 25 Yup 9
Adeana Morgan (Nov '12) Apr 24 Some dude 9
amber blain (Feb '13) Apr 24 Some dude 43
Rose Garland Apr 23 crazywhiteboy 8

Altus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance