1,498 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#41728 May 27, 2013
So if any of you uninformed want to make yourselves informed before chiming in on something you know nothing about, or if you would like to see some of the letters that were sent out, you can go here. At least 5 offices involved now.

You should also google search True The Vote lawsuit files against the IRS last week. Very interesting documents.

http://aclj.org/free-speech-2/multiple-irs-of...
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#41729 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>A flat tax won't make people that don't want to pay their share more honest. We need more IRS to get everyone to pay what they owe.
But the politicians don't want that, because they would be the only ones liable.
Half of this country aren't paying taxes at all, plus getting refunds. It's not because they don't want to pay, it's because they don't have to. We need LESS IRS and less IRS salaries. Less IRS is needed when taxes are simplified to a post card.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41730 May 27, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of this country aren't paying taxes at all, plus getting refunds. It's not because they don't want to pay, it's because they don't have to. We need LESS IRS and less IRS salaries. Less IRS is needed when taxes are simplified to a post card.
Are you referring to a sales tax?
Marcus

United States

#41731 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
A flat tax won't make people that don't want to pay their share more honest. We need more IRS to get everyone to pay what they owe.
But the politicians don't want that, because they would be the only ones liable.
No. A flat tax based as a consumer tax will catch everyone who is a consumer and the wealthy are the largest consumer of all. It could be collected the exact say way we collect state taxes at the point of sale or POS. The state collects and monthly sends to Washington.

All underground economies will be 'caught' by this form of taxation.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41732 May 27, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with less IRS and that has been happening for more than a decade now. But it has lead to problems for taxpayers. You are right we need a simplified system. There is only one problem, our politicians are the ones responsible for the tax code, and all they are doing right now is agreeing to disagree.
Marcus

United States

#41733 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I'm just a stupid woman that has no right to use humor, much less give her opinion. So go ahead and start on me again, maybe one of these times you will hurt my feelings. LOL
Zane doesn't care about feelings but he does care about the truth and takes it seriously. Besides I don't know anyone who has more of a sense of humor than Zane. He's a wonderful poet and used those skills the tag justaliar numerous times, lol.
Marcus

United States

#41734 May 27, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
So if any of you uninformed want to make yourselves informed before chiming in on something you know nothing about, or if you would like to see some of the letters that were sent out, you can go here. At least 5 offices involved now.
You should also google search True The Vote lawsuit files against the IRS last week. Very interesting documents.
http://aclj.org/free-speech-2/multiple-irs-of...
Everyone has an opinion but who bothers to inform themselves before they 'have an opinion'. That's one of Zane's pet peeves too!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41735 May 27, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me a break down of who is not paying taxes? Because I know I am, and I feel it in my bottom line to put it nicely.
Zane

United States

#41736 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I'm just a stupid woman that has no right to use humor, much less give her opinion.
OK, if you say so.
Zane

United States

#41737 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Can you give me a break down of who is not paying taxes? Because I know I am, and I feel it in my bottom line to put it nicely.
Approximately 47% do not pay taxes but through child credits and other 'credits' these same people who do not pay income taxes will receive a refund check.

Your exasperation is felt by the middle class the most. They have been hit the hardest repeatedly on the structure of taxes.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41738 May 27, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has an opinion but who bothers to inform themselves before they 'have an opinion'. That's one of Zane's pet peeves too!
I feel that in the case that you are referring to, it is a two way street, but one of the directions is closed because of how the law reads.

And fact trumps opinion, but sometimes people refuse to face fact.

I have a very good relationship going with doesn't Matter because we can have a debate without insulting each other. Some others need to learn to do the same.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41739 May 27, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
No. A flat tax based as a consumer tax will catch everyone who is a consumer and the wealthy are the largest consumer of all. It could be collected the exact say way we collect state taxes at the point of sale or POS. The state collects and monthly sends to Washington.
All underground economies will be 'caught' by this form of taxation.
That is called fair tax not flat tax. A flat tax is a flat rate that everyone pays the same way we do now.
Zane

United States

#41740 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I feel that in the case that you are referring to, it is a two way street, but one of the directions is closed because of how the law reads.
I have a very good relationship going with doesn't Matter because we can have a debate without insulting each other. Some others need to learn to do the same.
Or saying after the fact they were using humor or joking when clearly they weren't would be intellectually dishonest would it not?
Zane

United States

#41741 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I feel that in the case that you are referring to, it is a two way street, but one of the directions is closed because of how the law reads.
Fact is just fact. It's not owned by a political party or a gender. It stands on it's own.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41743 May 27, 2013
The problem I have with a fair tax is this; I have worked for over thirty years, and for over 25 years I've saved money for retirement. When it comes time to use that money for my main source of income I don't want to pay income tax on it again. I think that would be referred to as double taxation.
Zane

United States

#41744 May 27, 2013
Susan wrote:
Obama Administration Template Rule Book
1. Respond with faux outrage at actions they themselves caused.
2. Launch an investigation for illegalities, headed by the very individual who is guilty of the criminal illegalities. Hold a presser and announce
your administration won't allow that kind of behavior.
3. Respond to all press inquiries that an on-going investigation would be inappropriate to discuss any details until the investigation is complete and report is released.
4. Repeat #3 over and over again as their investigation into themselves never concludes.
5. After attention has waned, then and only then, reveal their investigation into themselves has vindicated them from any violations of the law.
6. If anyone still questions reply. A.) DOJ's full investigation proves innocence of all parties. B.)This is old news. C.) Anyone dredging up old news is dishonest with political motives.
7. If all else fails, point fingers and claim ignorance! Also known as the "I'm too incompetent to be guilty defense".
8. Never under estimate the 'race card' use it often as it has bailed our azzes out of many of a
political mess.
Sound familiar?
Yes Susan, Unfortunately for our country it does. Where's the media outrage? Where are the reporters pointing this obvious faux pas? Strangely quiet isn't it unless you check out the few journalist who are willing to put their career on the line and write about this double standard.

Today justaliar had another fit posting in everyone else's name and what was one of the precepts she tried to use as a defense to all these scandals...'it's BUSH'S fault.

Unbelievable!
Marcus

United States

#41745 May 27, 2013
I'd refer to it as 'standard' then for Obama and company 'no standard'. The media is complicit because they are silent to protect the messiah.

Terrible amount of bias in the media. MSNBC is the worse progressive liberal news outlet in the networks I know of but when you look at internet media it explodes with so many far left websites.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#41746 May 27, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
Zane doesn't care about feelings but he does care about the truth and takes it seriously. Besides I don't know anyone who has more of a sense of humor than Zane. He's a wonderful poet and used those skills the tag justaliar numerous times, lol.
All Zane cares about is harassment if someone doesn't toe the Republican/TP line.

He has never tagged me, all he has ever done is post my name, my husband name and my children's name like some low ball dirt bag. That's his claim to fame. Sleazy tactics by a sleaze ball that mask his inability to engage in political debate.

And your his disciple.

Marcus

United States

#41747 May 27, 2013
A flat tax on a consumer basis would eliminate your concern unless you plan on buying non stop when you retire. Are you a crazy shopper?

It would get rid of the IRS issues and make life where people and businesses alike could plan instead of always wondering what other tax/fee was going to be hitting them...
Zane

United States

#41748 May 27, 2013
'Doesn'tMatter, made a good point today in telling us that now there are 5 confirmed locations which targeted conservative organizations in the IRS. This scandal is growing by leaps and bounds and I think when more people feel brave enough to send in letters received by the IRS and tell what happened to them, we will find this was systemic and orchestrated how far up the chain of command we will see. What is clear is it wasn't a couple of low ranking employees working rogue in Cincinnati...another lie perpetrated by this administration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A+ minor Anthony Neal Nov 23 Real Family 41
nancy rowell mangum ok (Nov '12) Nov 22 Salt Ronald 42
Granite fears closure of Oklahoma State Reforma... (Apr '09) Nov 21 big time 62
SWTC LPN Program. Nov 20 Rachy 1
Glen Winters Nov 16 Witch 2
Dirty Politicians Nov 4 Crusader 1
Amber Lewis And the Clan Nov 2 Charlie1587 1
Altus Dating
Find my Match

Altus People Search