1,567 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Stephen

Conroe, TX

#39234 May 5, 2013
mm, maybe we would have thrown all our forces into Afghanistan, ignored Iraq, and gotten Bin laden in 2002 instead of 2012....
MistyGirl

Conroe, TX

#39235 May 5, 2013
I wasn't aware the Bush v Gore case had anything to do with interpretation of constitutional law. The Supreme Court decided an election, which is a power not granted to that body in the constitution. So yeah I would say the election was stolen.
Jesse

Conroe, TX

#39236 May 5, 2013
Mrs O'Conner I wish you would of had sense then but we cant look back at the past. But just know the deaths of many people is on your hands as well as the war machine Bush/Cheney
Gail

Conroe, TX

#39237 May 5, 2013
The bottom line on this issue is that the Supreme Court acted to take the selection of the President of the United States out of the election process (including a recount of votes) and decided to appoint Bush.

Bush did not win the election, he was appointed by the Republican members of the Supreme Court.

Yes, this was 13 years ago. But never before in our history has the Supreme Court appointed the President. Hopefully the Court has learned its lesson and will not become involved in so obviously a political fight again.
Susan

Conroe, TX

#39238 May 5, 2013
Bush won, America lost.
Audrey

Conroe, TX

#39239 May 5, 2013
I wish we will just base the election off popular vote.(that would surely keep repubs out the white house)
Jangles

Conroe, TX

#39240 May 5, 2013
Deaths and dept - the Iraq war - which was not needed at all - cost us in both human suffering and treasure. We will be taking care of the medical needs of our Iraqi Vets for decades to come - their families w/children for the rest of their lives.

osama bin laden said before the 2004 elections: "You silly Americans - we will bankrupt you with your wars, our terror and your greed."

Well we certainly let them do it to us didn't we....may I remind those people who have forgotten that the economy was in a nose dive at the beginning of 2009.

We fell right in that hole - certainly glad the guy is dead - but we should be looking at how some of our leaders profited from that war - like Dick Cheney with Haliburton Oil.

Guess they didn't put that in the Bushy Library did they?
Dawn

Conroe, TX

#39241 May 5, 2013
I can't stop to think about how many American soldiers would be alive today had Bush lost. We would certainly have Trillions more dollars in the national treasure avoiding the Bush Easter Egg hunt of no weapons of mass destruction..........
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39242 May 5, 2013
Hey Packing Heat, since your such a Fox News fanboy; I thought you might appreciate my following posts.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39244 May 5, 2013
Cavuto Paints Restaurant Chain CEO and Tea Party Leader as 'Small Business Owner'

Mr Tharp is president of Allen Tharp & Associates, Inc. in San Antonio, Texas.

As the current president of the San Antonio Tea Party, Mr. Tharp would like for you to believe he is barely scraping by as a local restaurant service business.

Because he is barely scraping by, he wants you to be very sad for him if he has to pay his workers more than one extra dime more than he's paying them now, or God forbid, provide health insurance or pay the penalty for not providing it.

Tharp is a government contractor.

His business has ballooned in the last three years after he landed the exclusive contract to provide food services to Lackland Air Force Base.

Tharp is classified as a "SBA Certificated 8a Program Participant,Small Disadvantaged". That means he gets preferential consideration on contract bids.

This hasn't stopped Tharp from claiming he built it all without the assistance of government. http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/commentar...

Tharp's business isn't all that small.

A single division of his business, Golden Chick restaurants, was expected to rake in $75 million in 2012.

Tharp unashamedly confesses that he has taken advantage of the current economic conditions to get cut-rate land and building contractor prices. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/print-e...

Someone needs to tell Mr. Tharp that a big chunk of his profits is being paid for by the government he despises.

Someone should also point out that someone looking to expand their business into China and a large chunk of Texas should think twice about filing a federal lawsuit against the Affordable Care Act and whining on national television about how he will cut employees' hours before he will provide insurance coverage for his employees.

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/cavuto-paint... -
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39245 May 5, 2013
At the NRA gun fest this week in Houston, the NRA gun safety expert, Rob Pincus, suggested that members keep their gun safe in their children’s room. How stupid can you get?

Someone at Daily Kos put a list of accidental shootings of children and teens since the Newtown massacre on December 14, 2012.

As of May 4, 2013 -- less than five months later -- this list includes 137 accidental shootings, 57 of which were fatal.

These children and teens were accidentally shot by themselves, by parents, siblings, relatives, friends, neighbors, and caregivers.

In other words, these shootings were not by strangers. Many of the guns used in these shootings were obtained by family members for personal protection.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/05/1206...

Guns are marketed to children: video

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2013/05/0...
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39246 May 5, 2013
Boy, I really found it funny that 3 posters, Audrey, Susan and Gail all cited Crickett.com in their posts and didn't even bother checking that their citation was for crickett match scores....lol

Probably all three were from one person...lol..

Who could it be? I bet it was from a poster whose handle starts with a 'M.' lol
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39247 May 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Cavuto Paints Restaurant Chain CEO and Tea Party Leader as 'Small Business Owner'
Mr Tharp is president of Allen Tharp & Associates, Inc. in San Antonio, Texas.
As the current president of the San Antonio Tea Party, Mr. Tharp would like for you to believe he is barely scraping by as a local restaurant service business.
Because he is barely scraping by, he wants you to be very sad for him if he has to pay his workers more than one extra dime more than he's paying them now, or God forbid, provide health insurance or pay the penalty for not providing it.
Tharp is a government contractor.
His business has ballooned in the last three years after he landed the exclusive contract to provide food services to Lackland Air Force Base.
Tharp is classified as a "SBA Certificated 8a Program Participant,Small Disadvantaged". That means he gets preferential consideration on contract bids.
This hasn't stopped Tharp from claiming he built it all without the assistance of government. http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/commentar...
Tharp's business isn't all that small.
A single division of his business, Golden Chick restaurants, was expected to rake in $75 million in 2012.
Tharp unashamedly confesses that he has taken advantage of the current economic conditions to get cut-rate land and building contractor prices. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/print-e...
Someone needs to tell Mr. Tharp that a big chunk of his profits is being paid for by the government he despises.
Someone should also point out that someone looking to expand their business into China and a large chunk of Texas should think twice about filing a federal lawsuit against the Affordable Care Act and whining on national television about how he will cut employees' hours before he will provide insurance coverage for his employees.
http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/cavuto-paint... -

So what, Good for Mr. Tharp. I'm proud of him. Now shut the hell up!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39248 May 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
At the NRA gun fest this week in Houston, the NRA gun safety expert, Rob Pincus, suggested that members keep their gun safe in their children’s room. How stupid can you get?
Someone at Daily Kos put a list of accidental shootings of children and teens since the Newtown massacre on December 14, 2012.
As of May 4, 2013 -- less than five months later -- this list includes 137 accidental shootings, 57 of which were fatal.
These children and teens were accidentally shot by themselves, by parents, siblings, relatives, friends, neighbors, and caregivers.
In other words, these shootings were not by strangers. Many of the guns used in these shootings were obtained by family members for personal protection.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/05/1206...
Guns are marketed to children: video
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2013/05/0...

Too bad Obama is too lame and to corrupt to get his agenda shoved on us you ignorant hack, pity parties don't play well against common sense. They should enforce the laws we already have on the books, not punish law abiding citizens because of the ignorance of others you ignorant hack.
Zane

United States

#39249 May 5, 2013
Iranian Cleric: Women to blame for earthquakes...
A senior cleric in Iran says that the immodesty and Whorish dress of women is responsible for earthquakes. "Many women who do not dress modestly...lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes." Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi
told Iranian media, i.e. state media. Sedighi claims Iranian women are "owning the using a giant earthquake machine."

Apparently, Iran is an earthquake prone country. So is California...maybe westerns have overlooked something?

Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad agrees: "as I have said before, the woes of Iran and the earthquakes that threaten us in particular, can all be blamed on immodest women." said Ahmadinejad.

The Iranian leader predicted that Tehran was in imminent danger of an earthquake from "a giant earthquake machine to hold our populace hostage."

...with that type of logic and intelligence level we now can understand justaminute's and her never ending alias posts of progressive liberal gibberish. Some people actually vote for people like Ahmadinejad and follow a party line and agenda regardless of how nonsensical the message.
Maddy

United States

#39250 May 5, 2013
I most certainly didn't post any such thing. So don't start with the personal lies!
Maddy

United States

#39251 May 5, 2013
Sorry that was in response to justaminute's accusation which is patently false.
Zane

United States

#39252 May 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Boy, I really found it funny that 3 posters, Audrey, Susan and Gail all cited Crickett.com in their posts and didn't even bother checking that their citation was for crickett match scores....lol
Hey dumbazzhat, www.cricket.com is a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page!

LMAO
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39253 May 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:

Who gives a damn? Oh that's right, babbling liberals that have nothing else to babble about, never mind you ignorant dolt!
Zane

United States

#39254 May 5, 2013
Maddy wrote:
Our government tells us there is no inflation, but each and everyone one of us knows better since we are consumers. We buy fuel for our cars, we buy groceries for our families, we buy insurance for our cars and health care, we pay higher utilities bills...everything is much higher than it was even 5 years ago. Dramatically higher, but our government says we don't have inflation. Yeah right...
Now on Friday the government tells us to believe the unemployment rate fell to 7.5% percent. Sounds good on the surface until you realize the government doesn't include in it's "unemployment rate", those who are under employed and those who have given up on finding a job altogether. When you add all these people who are suffering incredible hardships in the current economy the number is a staggering 21.9% of the population.
Also on Friday the New York Times in a prolong explanation explained why the true number associated with the suffering index is 21.9% when you calculate all the people. But even the New York Times didn't figure all the people who are suffering because they didn't include the elderly in their index, those living on a fixed income. With the clear inflation in cost of living and added cost in health care since passage of ObamaCare and then removal of funds from medicare to pay for ObamaCare, the ones getting the biggest
hit are our seniors.
*New York Times
05/03/2013
www.breitbart.com
05/03/2013
Your right Maddy our current administration tells us stuff and we all know couldn't possibly be true, because we live the domestic side of America every single day. It's easier for Obama and company to misrepresent when it's out of the continental U.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lugert lake 17 hr kirk blain 11
Sammy parker 17 hr kirk blain 2
Kristi Lee. (Atkinson) (Sep '13) May 18 metoo 20
Power Outages May 16 In the dark 1
Tana Flores May 16 smh 1
New city of Altus city manager May 16 Nemo 1
New city manager for city of altus May 16 Nemo 1
More from around the web

Altus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE