1,568 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

West

United States

#36145 Mar 8, 2013
How bad do you think the family of the person who donated Cheney's new heart must feel knowing that their loved one's heart is keeping this monster alive? I hope for their sake they don't know who the recipient was.
Dan

United States

#36146 Mar 8, 2013
The only thing that I found interesting about the View was wondering how the women could understand one another when they were all talking at the same time at the top of their voices.
Giz

United States

#36147 Mar 8, 2013
New York School District Suspends Armed Guard Program After Officer Accidentally Fires Gun

A New York school district has put its armed guard program on hold after a school resource officer "accidentally discharged' his gun in the hallway of a high school.

The police officer from the town of Lloyd was put on unpaid suspension as police investigate the incident at Highland High School.

No one was injured and no students or staff were nearby when the gun went off around 1:38 p.m. on Tuesday, school officials said.

"What if a kid had been killed?" said Mark Wallen, 43, whose son is a senior at the high school. "We got lucky this time and that's purely what it is." He called the choice to have an armed officer in the school a "knee jerk reaction."

Schools around the nation are considering how to improve student safety following the December massacre at a Connecticut elementary school. Having armed guards in every school was an idea proposed by the National Rifle Association.
Rock

United States

#36148 Mar 8, 2013
Well hell, the guy told the kids to stop running in the halls. But did they listen, nooooooooooo - so...
Darr

United States

#36149 Mar 8, 2013
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Ken

United States

#36150 Mar 8, 2013
The U.S. job market added 236,000 positions in February and unemployment dropped to 7.7 percent, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The news exceeded the expectations of analysts who had predicted growth at around 160,000 jobs. The unemployment rate was 7.9 percent in January and has been at or near that level since September 2012.

In February, the nation's job gains occurred in professional and business services, construction, and health care, according to the report.

The growth occurred amid concerns over the looming $85 billion in across the board federal government spending cuts known as the sequester that kicked in March 1.
Oscar

United States

#36151 Mar 8, 2013
More doom and gloom for Faux news.
Dow at historic highs,unemployment coming down.
All of this because a Kenyan,muslim,atheist is in the white house.
The network who predicted Robmes historic landslide win is really looking sad this morning . The nation no longer believes the presidency should be restricted to WORMS. White, Old, Rich,Males .with a bit of Bejeebus tossed in to save our souls .
Fun

United States

#36152 Mar 8, 2013
n a dramatic shift over the last few years, most U.S. Catholics support same-sex marriage, even though the church teaches against it, a new poll shows.

According to the poll from Quinnipiac University, 54 percent of Catholic voters support same-sex marriage, while 38 percent oppose it. In a July 2008 poll, only 36 percent of Catholic voters said they supported same-sex marriage, while 55 percent opposed it.

In fact, U.S. Catholics supported same-sex marriage by a larger margin than American voters overall. Same-sex marriage was supported by 47 percent of American voters, and opposed by 43 percent, the poll showed.

"Catholic voters are leading American voters toward support for same-sex marriage," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the polling institute.

Pollsters surveyed 497 Catholic adults from February 27 to March 4 with a margin of error of 4.4 percent.
Carl

United States

#36153 Mar 8, 2013
I think everyone should feel free to practice whatever religion they want but I don't think they should be able to cram their views down everyone else's throats. I'm talkin' about you conservative evangelical Christians.
derice

United States

#36154 Mar 8, 2013
A building without a foundation is a pile of rubble. An alcoholic might have a lot of "fun" at the bar, but ask him how his relationships are doing the next morning. As for "mental," you discard much of history if you wish to ignore the accomplishments of the religiously fervent.
Jesse

United States

#36155 Mar 8, 2013
Fundamentalist Christianity is only a few burkas and beheadings away from being the American Taliban. And don't lie. You'd do it if you thought you could get away with it.
Belink

United States

#36156 Mar 8, 2013
I am what falls under an evangelical Christian, but I do not shove my religion down anyone's throat! I will tell people what I believe and have even had an atheist tell me that I had made him change his views of Christians. We are not all the same. I believe what the New Testament tells me. "Judge not lest you be judged" and "love your neighbor". That does not mean the person living in the house next to you! It means to love everyone. I follow those words. Though you and I may believe opposite things doesn't mean I do not love you. I love any race, creed, or religion. I also love atheist, agnostics and even homosexuals. God's love does not discriminate and neither does mine! A Muslim doctor is who saved my older son's life! I will forever love him to an extent he doesn't understand because of the difference in our religions. He went so far to save my son, most other doctors would not have done. My son needed a drug not approved in the U.S. He flew to D.C. and spoke to just the right people and got permission to have the medicine shipped here from Europe in one day. He must have been running himself to death to get that done and done in one day. He flew straight back that day having already ordered the medicine and having it flown here by private charter. My son was getting the medicine the next night! The Muslim doctor doesn't know much about Christianity, especially the kind I follow. That is why he can't understand the pure love our family has for him. We loved him before he did what he did and he admits that my love for him made him want to do what he did even more. We are both married, so there was no mistake in understanding the type of love. It's called agape'. True pure love for another human being as God loves us. You do not have to believe what I do (though I always pray someday you will), I will never shove it down your throat or pressure you in any way. Most people in our country already know what I believe as a Christian. I just love you! That's all I need to do. I'm not faking it either. I'm for real.
Herman

United States

#36157 Mar 8, 2013
Well let's be a little bit more specific regarding the forcing of religion:
1. Marriage - I want to retain the traditional meaning of the term and practice. You want to force me to adopt, legally, a new definition and practice.
2. Creation - I want to believe that God created the world in 6 days. You mock my position and call it ignorant and fearful (clarifier - I fully acknowledge that my position is a matter of faith).
3. Climate Change - I believe that I am a caretaker of this planet, but am also placed here to subdue and control it. You want to force me, legally, to take a back seat to my environment and be bound to a restrictive life style governed by an all intrusive system of CO2 monitoring and taxing.

I'd say we fundamentalists have been pretty tolerant of your impositions.

Every man "ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience." - George Washington
Jesse

United States

#36158 Mar 8, 2013
And if you don't want an abortion don't get one. If you don't want gays to marry don't marry one. You try constantly to stuff your religion down my throat. I'm male and straight and I personally don't like gays and abortion but it's NOT MY CALL. And it's NOT YOURS. Practice your religion in your church and home AND KEEP IT OUT OF GOVERNMENT. Nobody died and made you God.
Rita

United States

#36159 Mar 8, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Marcus

United States

#36160 Mar 8, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
All that and if you really believe it, then we would still prefer Obama and the Dems over what the Republicans are trying to sell us.
Golf for a million or the War Republicans sold us in Iraq, a cool $4 trillion, hundreds of thousands in lives..the million look mighty sweet.
The National Review already reported on July 26 that the sequester was in the plan Boehner was offering. Paul Ryan introduced Boehner’s Cut Cap & Balance bill complete with Sequestration provisions on July 19, in the House, more than a week before the alleged meeting where Woodward says the idea was sold to Reid.
From the Congressional Record, dated July 19, 2011, p. 32:
Mr. RYAN of Wisconsin.
Madam Speaker, pursuant to House Resolution355, I call up the bill (H.R. 2560) to cut, cap, and balance the Federal budget, and ask for its immediate consideration. The Clerk read the title of the bill. The SPEAKER pro tempore. Pursuant to House Resolution 355, the bill is considered read. The text of the bill is as follows:
The Egyptian lady's award has come to a complete halt.
Tea partier, keep banging that chicken.
Trashy female I see! For your post to be true then BOB WOODWARD would have to be a liar!
Marcus

United States

#36161 Mar 8, 2013
Fred wrote:
Elizabeth Hasselbeck will be leaving The View after nine years on the show. Execs decided not to renew her contract after a poll of viewers revealed that she was disliked for her conservative opinions.
"The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right-wing," a show insider told Us Weekly. "People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed."
Hasselbeck has gotten into numerous dustups with her more liberal co-hosts over the years, including a heated argument with Rosie O'Donnell over the Iraq war, which she supported and O'Donnell opposed, and a debate over the morning after pill that left Hasselbeck in tears because she considers the pill equivalent to an abortion.
Joy is leaving the view too.
Marcus

United States

#36162 Mar 8, 2013
Ginger wrote:
Cheney Admits He Lied About 9/11
He gave the order to shoot down United 93, though he claimed otherwise at 9/11 Commission
Cheney has come clean about some his actions on 9/11 in a new Showtime documentary, The World According to Dick Cheney.
The veep reveals that he gave orders and generally acted like the president - but at the 9/11 Commission he pretended that Bush was in charge, as he admits on the show.
"I gave the instructions that we'd authorize our pilots to take it out," he reveals, speaking of United Flight 93, the hijacked plane that was crashed by its passengers into a Pennsylvania field.
That fact came out at the 9/11 commission in 2004, but this is the first time Cheney himself has admitted it.
The documentary also "reveals the Iago lengths that Cheney went to in order to manipulate the unprepared junior Bush," as Dowd puts it. "To make his crazy and appallingly costly detour from Osama to Saddam, and cherry-pick his fake case for invading Iraq, he played on W.'s fear of being lampooned as a wimp, as his father had been."
"If I had to do it over again, Cheney says, "I'd do it over in a minute."
M. Dowd is a liberal wacko!
Marcus

United States

#36163 Mar 8, 2013
Ken wrote:
The U.S. job market added 236,000 positions in February and unemployment dropped to 7.7 percent, the Labor Department reported Friday.
The news exceeded the expectations of analysts who had predicted growth at around 160,000 jobs. The unemployment rate was 7.9 percent in January and has been at or near that level since September 2012.
In February, the nation's job gains occurred in professional and business services, construction, and health care, according to the report.
The growth occurred amid concerns over the looming $85 billion in across the board federal government spending cuts known as the sequester that kicked in March 1.
It just shows how statistics can be skewed. The reason the unemployment rate dropped it because less people are working.

*The LFP (Labor Force Participation) fell as people stopped looking for work.
*The share of unemployed out of work for 27 wks or longer increased to 40.2% from January's 38.1%.
*the employment population ratio is exactly where it was a year ago at a rock bottom 58.6%
Marcus

United States

#36164 Mar 8, 2013
Oscar wrote:
More doom and gloom for Faux news.
Dow at historic highs,unemployment coming down.
All of this because a Kenyan,muslim,atheist is in the white house.
The network who predicted Robmes historic landslide win is really looking sad this morning . The nation no longer believes the presidency should be restricted to WORMS. White, Old, Rich,Males .with a bit of Bejeebus tossed in to save our souls .
Circulating billions of freshly minted dollars into the "market" will stimulate the numbers but it devalues the dollar buying power through inflation. That's why your money doesn't buy the same amount of goods as in 2007-2008.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wreck (Mar '13) 9 hr njd257 3
Kelbie Hunter 18 hr low life 5
lugert lake 23 hr farmers suck 15
Sammy parker May 24 Eva Hughes 4
Kristi Lee. (Atkinson) (Sep '13) May 18 metoo 20
Power Outages May 16 In the dark 1
Tana Flores May 16 smh 1
More from around the web

Altus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE