Mangum police chief charged with assault

Oct 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

The police chief in Mangum is accused of getting in a fight at a rodeo arena after his stepdaughter failed to win a rodeo princess contest.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jun 21, 2013
wow

Duke, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Judged:

Just think of all the things he has done and was not caught....
okla

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

Judged:

Just wait until Mangum gets hit with a huge lawsuit over this guy...
Observer

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

Just put your name on the next ballot. Are you without fault? Would you work for his pay? I do not know this man,but he is a man and he is not perfect.wait until the verdict comes in ,before you convict him.
retired

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

Observer wrote:
Just put your name on the next ballot. Are you without fault? Would you work for his pay? I do not know this man,but he is a man and he is not perfect.wait until the verdict comes in ,before you convict him.
His past behavior of a DUI while a police officer shows little reguard for the law. And now another incident. How many chances would you give this Police Chief???
Researched Opinion

Elk City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

Judged:

This is not his first time using his fist to handle a situation. Not his first, not his second and I'm positive it won't be his last. He was in a drunken altercation at a Rally in Vernon, Texas. They found out he was a cop and they let him go. In 2009 when he received his DUI he also used his fist and beat the heck out of a man. I saw this man after this altercation and it was not a pretty site. The assault charges were dropped on that incident because he was an Assistant Chief then. During this past summer this same "lovely" officer was at the city pool trespassing with high school students having an after hours swimming party. Officers were called out by concerned citizens and nothing was done because the city officials didn't find out till the next day or later that week. When is ENOUGH, ENOUGH!?! He was voted in last October and I believe that should have been his last chance to prove to his town that he was a changed man. I encourage people in this town of Mangum to do your research and go down to the Jackson county clerks office and pick up a copy of the Arrest Affidavits from both the DUI and his altercation in August. This is public record only cost $5. Read the statements from the altercation that evening and you decide. Or better yet go and talk to his VICTIMS the ones he has assaulted. Not just that night but all the other nights also. He seems to have a Drinking and Violent past. Every altercation he was drinking or intoxicated. I don't know about you but I would feel safer if this man did not carry a badge.

"Observer">> > I am not without fault. No man is perfect. But I can say I have never ever been arrested for anything. I obey the laws. These same laws that are put here to protect this country. The laws that we have LAW ENFORCEMENT officers enforcing. Problem in this situation is that this officer thinks he is above these laws and he chooses to break these laws that they expect us to uphold. I believe that he knew what he was going to get paid before he took the position and before he even put his name on the ballot. So there for he chose to accept this job for the pay. He took an oath! An oath to protect, serve and ENFORCE the laws for the citizens in Mangum. Not BREAK the law.

"okla">>> >>> I agree, just wait for the law suits. I know some of the parents of the kids, that were at this after hours pool party. They won't be happy when the news breaks about it.

He needs to step down and walk away! This is an embarrassment to the town of Mangum and our citizens.
Mom

Duke, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

Judged:

I would feel safer if this man did not carry a gun...
LOL

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Mom wrote:
I would feel safer if this man did not carry a gun...
You got that one right.
cops

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

He smokes lots of crack the reason i know cause his cousin Ru sells to him guess he never thought i would find that out but guess what bray i did i never gave up on you way to go you punk ass bitch!!!!!
13mmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Hell he a lot better than the sorry mf we got now only descent officer mangum ever had I'm glad he don't take shit from no one
cops

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Thats true that hes better then we have now cause the one we have now weres a tite thong up his ass and he cant take a dump right so he has to ask the jails to help him.
stupid

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Hey 13mmm you must be f ing stupid cause that man is a very messed up man with problems that no dr. Can help him so if you need help go check yourself and make sure your ok cause it sounds like you have alittle psycho in you to.
curious

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

cops wrote:
Thats true that hes better then we have now cause the one we have now weres a tite thong up his ass and he cant take a dump right so he has to ask the jails to help him.
WOW! The things we find out on here!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 55 min Mac 75,027
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Jenks 2,614
Co-parenting (Jun '13) Mon Fathers rights 32
Lion King Aug 22 reveen 5
Illegal drug use ruined my family Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 4
Respect Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 2
Review: Tamarack Assisted Living Center Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 1

Search the Altus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Altus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000