Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Princess

Farmington, MO

#1 Dec 23, 2009
Can anyone tell me anything about the Franklin hotel? My parents used to own it and I was wondering if it has been restored or condemned or what? Just curious..Thanks
smiley

Duke, OK

#2 Dec 25, 2009
Princess wrote:
Can anyone tell me anything about the Franklin hotel? My parents used to own it and I was wondering if it has been restored or condemned or what? Just curious..Thanks
Nope its still standin and its not being used for anything i think it would be neat if someone would reopen it but it needs alot of work done to it
Princess

Farmington, MO

#3 Jan 1, 2010
Thanks!! I lived there in the mid 80s. I wasa little girl way back then! lol anyway thanks for the info. It is sad that noone has done anything with it, its an awesome building. oh did I mention its haunted from the 3rd floor to the 5th?
Sea

League City, TX

#4 Jan 1, 2010
Do you remember the senses of the carnival next door every late April??
Princess

Farmington, MO

#5 Jan 2, 2010
Oh Yes!!! Because the carnival was there in the parking lot and a lot of the "carnies" stayed at the hotel, my sister and I got to ride all of the rides for free. We mved away from Mangum when I was 13 and I have often wondered about old friends..
that one guy

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2010
haha yeah i remember me n my dad used to drive by all the time jus to see the ghosts n evrything there lol, and the place across the street too, wit the shades that go up on their own, and lights that come on on their own event though there isnt any electricity... it was pretty cool
Princess

Farmington, MO

#7 Jan 3, 2010
Well I know first hand like I said cause i lived there. nothing bad ever happened, just noises and strange things like that. And the museum across the street was cool too. I used to play among the granite stones in the garden they have. So anyone from class of 1995? That would have been my class had I stayed.
cherokee

Altus, OK

#8 Jan 24, 2010
they use to have a under ground tunnel that went from the musuem to the franklin hotel. they say that the outlaws used it to sneak back and forth, without being seen. but i think it has been closed up, can't be used no more.
Observer

Altus, OK

#9 Sep 23, 2011
Who owns this Hotel now?
curious

United States

#10 Nov 26, 2011
Observer wrote:
Who owns this Hotel now?
they trying to turn it n to retirement hm

Since: Nov 11

Edmond, OK

#11 Nov 26, 2011
Is it really haunted??
cherokee

Altus, OK

#12 May 1, 2012
i heard the fraleys have it
one happy girl

Elk City, OK

#13 May 4, 2012
The windows in it have been replaced and the sign has been fixed and is glowing red agian (FRANKLIN HOTEL), but other wise that is all that has been restored and it is empty, that work was done by the beautification committee if I'm not mistaken, my husband and brother-in-law have lived here all their lives and they are class of 1995.
Erica Lamb

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Sep 27, 2012
I think it would be neat if they made it in to a bed and breakfast !
I lived in Mangum , most of my life until collage every time I go back there my kids asks me about it and if we can drive by it
OKLA

Blair, OK

#15 Sep 29, 2012
Wish the owners of the Franklin and the old Johnson house on Penn. street would sell them to someone that had the money to finish them.
WTH

Blair, OK

#16 Oct 20, 2012
WHO OWNS IT?
Stubbs

Blair, OK

#17 Oct 21, 2012
Greer county economic development authority owns it
JohnH

Eugene, OR

#18 May 17, 2013
I remember a lady named Ruby around there. She had red hair. Played the pinball machine all the time. An old guy on the late night shift would mumble about butterflies jumping off ledges.. I helped David Taylor change the fire bricks in the hotels heater in the late 70's. There was a old abandoned bar downstairs. We'd get to use the pool table. Played in the old elevator of course. Old style phone booths made of wood. The museum across the street used to be a hospital. Never heard anything about any tunnels. Miss the old place.
SASHA

Altus, OK

#19 May 22, 2013
so "GREER COUNTY ECONOMIC AUTHORITY" who ever that

may be. Do something OR sell it to someone that can. Your time is up. City officials, wake up and smell the coffee.
JimBob

United States

#20 Jun 4, 2013
Trivia question - Can ANYONE in Mangum or from Mangum tell us who The Franklin Hotel is named after?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 51 min JPL 75,183
McDonalds 5 hr cacahuete 1
Co-parenting (Jun '13) 5 hr Fathers rights 33
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Fri Gustoffl 2,631
Work FORCE Thu cacahuete 1
Lion King Aug 22 reveen 5
Illegal drug use ruined my family Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 4
•••
•••

Altus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Altus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE