Anyone here
bingo

United States

#28 Sep 14, 2011
I think this thread is dead
HERE

Altus, OK

#29 Sep 15, 2011
Anne, What would you like to know? I have been here since 2003. I left for a bit, but came back. Let me know.
HERE

Altus, OK

#30 Sep 15, 2011
Anne, What would you like to know? I have been here for awhile. Left for a bit and came back.
Anne

Boca Raton, FL

#31 Sep 19, 2011
Went to Altus and looked at houses for sale. Looked at a few that were way over priced and looked at 2 in a place called Duke.. Couldn't find anything decent to rent.........what do people do when they can't find a place to live there.......doesn't. Look like a fun place to be and Duke really looked boring...............
HERE

Altus, OK

#32 Sep 20, 2011
When I first got here I thought houses were overprciced also. Especially the new ones built by the "mass builders". I guess it all depends on where you have been in the past. The market determines the houseing prices. I do know that the apartments have been filling up lately and I heard it is hard to get one without a wait. Is your family military? Some people go on base for a year to get a feel for the community. I will be selling my home soon, but I do not know your needs or your budget. I am selling for what I paid for it 3 years ago, despite upgrading a few items. Houses don't appreciate much here, unless you completely remodel and then you have to pay attention to what area you do that to. You can over remodel for your street.
Anne

United States

#33 Sep 23, 2011
Well looked at houses for around 150,000 just didn't like what I would be getting for my money. I heard homes are really hard to sale there. Wish I could just find a decent apt to rent.
Anne

Belleville, IL

#34 Sep 30, 2011
Does Altus get harsh winters.........
Anne

Belleville, IL

#35 Sep 30, 2011
Guess I will be moving to Altus mid October. Never found a house or a Apt. Yet so guess I will be staying at the Ramada Inn until I find something..
HERE

Altus, OK

#36 Oct 1, 2011
Anne,

Growing up in midwest, I would not classify the winter as "harsh". Lows seems to be in the 10-15 range for a couple days maybe twice a winter. We had an ice storm that knocked power out for a week for the whole town about 2 years ago or so. Other than that, it really isn't bad. The summers have been brutal lately, many days between 104-110 this year.

I was gonna put my house up for sale come spring, but I would sell sooner if you were interested. Its about 75% remodeled. Near your price range, in town and just over 2100 sq ft. I have some outside pics I just took if you want me to send them to you. Best of Luck.
Anne

United States

#37 Oct 5, 2011
What neighborhood is it in.. trying to get close to the base, but want a safe neighborhood. It is just me and my 5 year old daughter..looking for at least 3 bedrooms and 2000 square feet..lol I have a lot of stuff...
Anne

United States

#38 Oct 5, 2011
And after talking with several people they say its really hard to sell houses there. May just move on the base..
In Altus

Altus, OK

#39 Nov 25, 2011
Anne wrote:
And after talking with several people they say its really hard to sell houses there. May just move on the base..
I don't know who your several people are, but I have lived around this area most of my life and have sold homes here within 10 days of them being on the market. This is within the last few months. I will be watching this forum. If you haven't already found somewhere to live, I would love to talk to you.
cherokee

Broken Arrow, OK

#40 Jan 3, 2012
don't move in the new hope area in altus, all thats lives there is 90 percent gang bangers. or do not live at lincoln manor, its the same way. there are good preachers in altus.
Plastic Jones

Long Beach, CA

#41 Jan 9, 2012
Lived in Altus years ago. Was in Altus about 4 years ago. Had a friend who lived in Altus and my friend was so blown out on speed or looking for pills it was very sad. Do yourself a favor only hang out with GI's and let them tell you where to go to have beers whatever. Beware of the redneck trash in that town... Oh yes one more thing! Some of these people not all take kindness as being a weakness just be careful. I'm sure you'll do just fine.... Good Luck

PS thx for your service ....AirDog for Live
Shhhh

Altus, OK

#42 Jan 15, 2012
I wouldn't live on the SW part of town. It is low income, but it isn't just black people, it's whites and mexicans, too. Cops do go on that side of town. Hell, their police station is right there by it. People should really have all of the facts before being so quick to comment.
Morons

Arlington, TX

#44 Jul 30, 2016
People complain about nothing to do but anytime any one makes something to do no one supports jt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angelica Willis 12 hr Anonymous 3
Terry "Anthony" Garner (Aug '15) 23 hr Antonio padraza 10
Selena reyes (Jun '16) 23 hr Antonio padraza 16
Jesse (James) Wilder (Nov '15) Apr 25 Yup 9
Adeana Morgan (Nov '12) Apr 24 Some dude 9
amber blain (Feb '13) Apr 24 Some dude 43
Rose Garland Apr 23 crazywhiteboy 8

Altus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance