Interesting read
FYI

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Sep 19, 2013
Profile of the Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person.

Incapacity for Love

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life situations.

People with this disorder appear to be charming at times, and make relationships, but to them, these are relationships in name only. They are ended whenever necessary or when it suits them, and the relationships are without depth or meaning, including marriages.

They appear to be incapable of any true emotions, from love to shame to guilt. They are quick to anger, but just as quick to let it go, without holding grudges. No matter what emotion they state they have, it has no bearing on their future actions or attitudes.

They rarely are able to have jobs that last for any length of time, as they become easily bored, instead needing constant change.

Psychopaths have only a shallow range of emotions and lack guilt, says Hare. They often see themselves as victims, and lack remorse or the ability to empathize with others.

The boyfriend/girlfriend displays typical psychopathic characteristics because he falsely displays deep emotion toward the relationship.

Psychopaths also tend to switch jobs as frequently as they switch partners, mainly because they don't have the qualities to maintain a job for the long haul.

(1) They are habitual liars. They seem incapable of either knowing or telling the truth about anything.

(2) They are egotistical to the point of narcissism. They really believe they are set apart from the rest of humanity by some special grace.

(3) They scapegoat; they are incapable of either having the insight or willingness to accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever the problem, it is always someone else's fault.

(4) They are remorselessly vindictive when thwarted or exposed.

(5) Genuine religious, moral, or other values play no part in their lives. They have no empathy for others.
Twinkles

Belleville, IL

#2 Sep 24, 2013
I know some people that fit this.
Insidious

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 27, 2013
Been there wrote:
I dated a girl that fits this description exactly. Only she called it being narcissistic
sociopath is just an umbrella term for most personality disorders. Narcissism fits under that umbrella. And I'm sorry.
Been there 2

Cedar Park, TX

#7 Oct 5, 2013
Been there too. I've discovered that when you allow the wrong people in your house, stuff will come up missing like : peace, love , joy, hope, and faith.....( yes, people steal these things).~unknown
I know

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Oct 15, 2013
they'll also con and steal large amounts of cash from their grandparents with the most amazing lies and con stories, and yes I know one that does it.. she's in her 30's and uses her kids for emotional blackmail to get money out of her elderly grandmother, who is on a fixed income, while pretending to be "supermom" to everyone else.. sad, she's already got her ticket to hell punched and ready...
I Know

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Oct 18, 2013
Is she from Blair ? If so it's the same sorry bitch...
Survivor

Tulsa, OK

#13 Dec 1, 2013
You either survive these people or become their victims. My son dated a girl like this. "Beautiful on the inside and out" it seemed in the beginning. Always professing a deep " love love love". But she had the capacity to turn on him in a heartbeat, with a vengance , without any conflict of the conscious , when she didn't get her way or couldn't control him. With the Good Lord's help, we survived this girl.
Survivor

Tulsa, OK

#14 Dec 1, 2013
*****conscience*****
Victim

Clinton, OK

#15 Dec 11, 2013
Been through it. My x was a spath. I had no idea when we married. I thought she was wonderful Ive never been so damn nieve in my life. Ill never look at people the same again. I had no idea that sort of behavior really existed. Absolutely not a word of truth. I really think they believe there own lies. After all it is all Your fault! Sigh.........
Brenda

Belleville, IL

#16 Dec 11, 2013
I know someone just like that...
Victim

Clinton, OK

#17 Dec 15, 2013
What put me in search of what id got in to i noticed everytime i questioned her about a paticular "lie of the day" her response was always 100 percent of the time was "dont judge me" and that was accompined by an extremely burst of outrage. I said im not judging you. Im just trying to make sense of you dishonesty. Finally i searched for this "judge me" behavior. Took me straight to socialpath behavior. When i read for couple hours i was like, damn, im an idiot! How could i be so wrong about someone. But then i remembered how there expert next level con artist.
Survivor

Newalla, OK

#18 Jan 13, 2014
I always got " you just think you're better than me" as an excuse.
Eyes wide open

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Apr 15, 2014
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind
Philosophy of narcissism

Carnegie, OK

#20 Apr 1, 2016
" sit for a spell and listen to my list of why all my faults are all your fault"
Philosophy of narcissism

Carnegie, OK

#21 Apr 1, 2016
Philosophy of narcissism wrote:
" sit for a spell and listen to my list of why all my faults are all your fault"
Narcissist are blame shifters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Ybarra (Apr '14) 8 hr Oneofhisgirls 19
Ashley Fughr: Stuck Up Wed Jamie Dundee 9
Megan Hill Jul 22 LittleD 12
News Former pastor arrested for child sexual assault (Dec '14) Jul 20 Question 3
Olustee-Eldorado 10 years too late Jul 18 Impartial Observer 2
Michelle Putnam Jul 18 Omg 5
Girl at superette Jul 11 Bamf 2

Altus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altus Mortgages