Bureau looks at mustering 900 Nevada ...

Bureau looks at mustering 900 Nevada wild horses

There are 5 comments on the Horsetalk story from Dec 20, 2010, titled Bureau looks at mustering 900 Nevada wild horses. In it, Horsetalk reports that:

Feedback is sought by federal authorities for a planned wild horse muster in northwest Nevada.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Horsetalk.

roberta fitzpatrick

Salem, OR

#1 Dec 21, 2010
Hopefully the good people of Cedervill will not allow the BLM to use its normal tactics--its not a "gather" its not a "roundup" the tactics used amount to animal cruelty. Things that no self respecting rancher or horseman would do to a horse. Chasing the young and old over miles with a helicoptor with no regard to the limits of flesh and blood is cruelty--view it as such and demand humane methods of capture. Large traps baited with feed and water work well--they just take more time then the BLM and the Catoors are willing to spend.
Antonio Azevedo

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2012
Having been born and raised most of my life in Cedarville and have cowboyed alot around the great basin . I do not believe it is cruelty having helped gather wild horses and witnessed them being gathered we brought them here and let them get out of control. Most of these horses are no good, many are so inbred from the government laws not letting anyone manage them like livestock that it is time to start over and look at it as what they are livestock. In the old days ranchers would cull out all the worthless stock and put a good stud in with them and manage it like he would his cattle, yes some did abuse this but most did not and you can still see the decendents of those horses in some areas. P.E.T.A. has no true idea what it takes to manage anything let alone them selves, if they did they would realise that if managed right more people would purchase them, just for conformation and sure footedness in rough terrain, but as it stands now most are so inbred that they are no good to use for anything and that is are fault, it is time all of used a little common sense and fixed the problem with out any bureaucracy and activists getting in the and do the right thing manage the livestock that we brought here and let get out of control. There are alot of good cowboys that would gladly take care of them and do it right not some government official who sits in an office management starts on the range not in an office.
Last Cowboy

United States

#3 Dec 31, 2012
These horses are imported and have no place on our public lands.I say we shoot them and rid this place of them for ever.
Jackiee1

Louisville, KY

#4 Jan 6, 2016
Last Cowboy wrote:
These horses are imported and have no place on our public lands.I say we shoot them and rid this place of them for ever.
I say we treat them like the deer, antelope and other indigenous animals
I grew up in Cedarville
Raydot

Hesperia, CA

#5 Jun 3, 2016
I say Americans should kill anyone that harms any horse wild or not. People that eat horses should be crucified upside down with their throats slit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alturas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP LEGALIZE Gamefowl Sport in AGRICULTURAL Zo... Apr '17 un agenda 21 5
News Entire Gerlach volunteer fire department resigns (Jan '16) Jan '16 Jackiee1 1
What's it like to live in Alturas? (Jun '13) Oct '15 Buckgirl 4
News 4.6-magnitude earthquake in Nevada on November 4 (Nov '14) Nov '14 Vegas 1
News 6 wildfires keep firefighters busy in California (Aug '14) Aug '14 Cindy 1
Lost CAT (May '14) May '14 Dan Turner 2
News Police: 4 dead, 2 injured in N. Calif. shooting (Feb '14) Feb '14 Obannon 1

Alturas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alturas Mortgages