Review: Penn View Suites

Review: Penn View Suites

Posted in the Altoona Forum

Jenna

State College, PA

#1 Oct 4, 2013
If you ever have to deal with the management at this place just wave the red flag right now because they will not listen to you. When my roommate and I tried to dispute part of the lease they could not have civilized conversation with us and yelled at us.

When we moved in the apartment was filthy. The carpets had black spots everywhere and so did our walls and ceilings. When a "cleaning crew" did come in they simple wiped some things with a duster and then left. We ended up having to clean the walls by ourselves and really had to push to get our carpets cleaned.
Bella

State College, PA

#2 Oct 4, 2013
This is an awful place to live!! Avoid at all costs. Its dirty. Mean people. Management is awful. For the price that I pay NOT worth it. I have discussed issues with the office and it never really worked. So glad that I found a new apartment for next year.
Parent

Philipsburg, PA

#3 Feb 28, 2014
Not a good place if you want your college student to succeed. Party place !
snc

Altoona, PA

#4 Apr 15, 2014
Absolutely terrible. They fixed nothing when we asked, Lived here for 2 years in college housing and asked for the broken window on the porch to be fixed my freshman year, now nearing the end of my sophomore year; It is still not fixed.(Anyone could just walk into our window if they wanted) The fire alarms are faulty, we had a fire because of the outdated ILLEGAL heating structures in my roommate and I's rooms. For my own safety, I wanted a fire marshall to check the fire alarms since none went off in the fire. They had said they checked the alarms upon moving in, however they lied because one of the alarms was tampered with of which they didn't catch. Scott Durbin came into my apartment screaming like a lunatic at a house of 5 college girls when I wrote a letter saying I wanted a fire marshall to check our fire alarms and accused me of threatening them. They also never replaced the fire alarm they took out in the beginning of my freshman year in our hallway until after I wrote the letter. I only just got the new fire extinguisher upstairs because by their legal obligations, it was not fulfilled until I wrote the letter. I also had a fire department associate come in to fix our chirping fire alarm that was going off for months. We had constantly complained yet it was not fixed until I had a fire department volunteer come in my house and tell Scott Durbin to do it. The Durbins also have this "payment plan" that they want you to finish paying your rent 5 months before move-out, starting monthly payment soon as you sign the lease (in the summer when you are not living there yet) They also said they would clean before move-in which was another lie because they never did both years I've lived here. They had also changed an office room into a bedroom also ILLEGALLY not following PA board of zoning laws (the room did not have a closet or heater) They are very unprofessional, rude, and money-hungry. They try to pull the wool over college's students' eyes because they do not believe you are smart enough to understand what they are doing IS WRONG. save yourself the grief...DO NOT LIVE IN WITH ANY DURBIN PROPERTY IN THE SURROUNDING AREA, WHETHER A HOUSE OR PENNVIEW SUITES. If you want to live in a safe, professionally-run apartment, DURBINS IS NOT THE WAY TO GO!
Tenant

Lancaster, PA

#5 May 1, 2014
Absolutely awful place to live. They are extremely money hungry, beyond belief. The "late fee" is outrageous!! The places are filthy. I've vacuumed my carpets but my feet are always black if I don't wear socks. They are rude people. Forget about putting in a maintenance request because they don't do anything you ask unless you constantly are at them. I cannot stress enough how rude they are. I don't recommend living there.
Pennview 200s

United States

#6 Nov 2, 2014
If you want poor internet, poor maintainence, and a lack of professionalism all in one apartment complex then Penn View Suites is the place for you, appliances break and they do a half-assed job of fixing them or don't fix them at all. They have you paying for your apartment before you are living there (which doesn't make any sense) and they charge you ridiculously for the place. Find a house to live in instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altoona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats up with TV-10? Wed a Yankee 2
How is Walton Heights apartment (Jul '13) Jun 27 Larry 3
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Altoona, PA (May '12) Jun 27 a Yankee 10
Debate: Gay Marriage - Altoona, PA (Jul '10) Jun 27 a Yankee 41
Glendale Yearound. For Gods sake stay away from... Apr '15 get this 4
News Timothy Mercer Retires with 27 Years of Service... Apr '15 Suz 13
Review: Home Solutions Of PA (Mar '13) Apr '15 OnCloud9 5
More from around the web

Altoona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE