DEPUTY CHARGED: Polk County Sheriff's deputy arrested

Full story: WHOtv

A Polk County Sheriff's Deputy was arrested Saturday morning at his Altoona home.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Scott Jackson

Grinnell, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

What did his wife do? I know in a lot of these cases, the woman goes nutso and the guy has to push back or whatever else to keep from being abused himself (punched, kicked, pummeled by dishes...). Also, assault could be something as little as an argument, nothing more, correct? If that revokes a person's right to bear arms indefinately, that's just wrong. Maybe this guy is an all-around bad guy like many cops unfortunately are. But I wouldn't be so quick to label him as such without all the facts. And often this domestic assault stuff is only a reaction to something more hurtful instigated by the woman. Yes, there's abusive guys and that needs to be stopped whenever possible, but I dare say there's just as many, if not more, abusive women out there.
survivor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

eastside wrote:
You say equal treatment...where is his mug shot ? Let's see if it gets published in busted ? Doubt it...what will he get for it NOTHING...
I think it said in the article that his mug shot cannot be shown because of the work he does???

Do you think we should post his mug shot so that the cases he was working on get blown and other criminals walk just so he can have "equal treatment"???
Yeah, he should face the same charges that the rest of us would for what he did. We all make mistakes and we all have to face the consequences of those mistakes. So should he.

But he IS facing charges and we KNOW the man's name. Doesn't look to me like he's getting special treatment.
survivor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Ray Miller wrote:
Ashton Craig, you are absolutely right. I have a 20 that says he will walk. He'll still be on the job arresting others for the same. That's why our system fails and that's why we need independent investigators that are not cops to handle these situations. If not, this same crap will continue.
A POLICE STATE, so much for our independence.
So....what happens if this guy's wife says "Oh, if he gets convicted he loses his job. We can't afford that. Guess I better drop the charges." That's usually what happens with these cases. Whether the offender is in law enforcement or not. Look up the Dixie Shanahan case from Shelby county Iowa. It's a VERY typical abuse case and the victim (Dixie) repeatedly dropped charges and repeatedly took him back....Then ended up killing him to save her own life. It's called battered wife syndrome. The sickness in the abuser is the anger and need for control. The sickness in the victim is belief that it IS their fault, and fear of being alone.
MONKEY SEE

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

You should see what some of the big boys in sheriffs office have done and it has been hidden under the rug!! however, deputy negrete is good guy! There are always 2 sides to every story. It is so easy for a spouse to get pissed and call cops on their spouse if he/she is a cop. Doesn't sound like there is an injury on her. He said---she said!!!
confused

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

I also know the family well and I can hardly believe this has happened. I have been reeling and confused since the story came out, not being able to absorb what is being said. I think it is less about his job right now, and more about this family making it through all of this. One thing I must point out is that some people are actually blaming Tricia for this! I understand how people are sad for John and what he going through, and I do too, but I am thinking of his wife and kids and how hard this must be on them. I wish the best possible outcome for all of them, whatever that is, and hope that they all of the strength and faith to get through these difficult times.
Confused

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Do you guys see that he has victimized more than just his family. He has been in trouble before. Just because it was not on the news does not mean that his previous mishaps didn't happen. I understand that everyone makes mistakes but you have to understand that this man has not learned from the past. Other people have been harassed by him. He is supposed to be a model citizen and trustworthy, not someone you fear is going to hurt you or someone else. He may be a nice guy, but somewhere inside him is a lot of anger and other issues. There is no reason for his past and present behaviors. It is unacceptable.
retiredanlovinit

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Several have it right...IF he is such a nice guy! why does he have a domestic assult charge? DO THE CRIME...DO THE TIME!
jay

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

I will wait tell all of the evidence is out before I judge this officer!
kiki

Marion, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

The thin blue line is soooo correct.......
Well-Traveled

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Undercover Narcotics is Dangerous. The officers should be protected.Thier families pay a price as well.Ultimately, until your ready to suit up show some respect.
Cloud

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

No one is concerned for the safety of his wife? People would rather guess what SHE did wrong? People would dare to say it's his business what HE does in HIS house, like she's an inanimate object with no right to the law? Word is he beat it, as some here predicted he would. It's no surprise to anyone. That's the way the story goes most of the time.

He was arrested because officers somewhere did their job, and somewhere a prosecutor made the unpopular decision to charge him. I would like to commend them for their professionalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altoona Discussions

Search the Altoona Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Men nabbed in asphalt scam to appear in court M... (Aug '08) 9 hr Be aware 23
Why is Iowa so liberal? (Nov '12) Jul 9 William 21
Mitchellville mayor is defeated (Nov '13) Jul 7 brett bacon just saying 3
Man charged in fatal home invasion Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 1
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 139
Restaurant Delivery in Des Moines/Metro Jun 28 Anonymous 1
all I ask for is help Jun 27 all I ask for is help 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Altoona Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Altoona People Search