Jurors Continue Deliberating In Justi...

Jurors Continue Deliberating In Justin Pollard Murder Trial

There are 19 comments on the WHOtv story from Oct 1, 2010, titled Jurors Continue Deliberating In Justin Pollard Murder Trial. In it, WHOtv reports that:

A Polk County jury continues deliberations Friday in the 1st degree murder trial of Justin Pollard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Ana

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 1, 2010
There is just not enough evidence to prove he hit and killed this lady... They say Iowa doesn't need to prove as to why someone would kill a person.. My question is why not??? And after 5 years he's a free man w/o fleeing any guilty person would of left the country right??? Any person that thinks their innocent will stay and fight for their life (as he is)... And another thing that just baffles my mind is everyone has had at least 1 bloody nose right??? and if it gets on your clothes or anywhere it's hard to come out. Hypothetical scenario: Say he did hit the woman DNA could of gotten anywhere on his truck, and while he was at work the blood had a chance to dry (yes some could of gotten washed away with snow or slush) but any dried DNA that would of been left on the truck would need to be scrubbed off it won't just wash away, so in conclusion if he did indeeded hit the woman there would still be some type of DNA on his truck may be hair or blood. So I say he's INNOCENT.

*My thought and prayers go out to her family and friends - And may they bring the REAL murderer to justice*
Ana

San Francisco, CA

#2 Oct 1, 2010
OHHH and why not do a black light test??? everyone knows that DNA can usually always be seen under a black light test even if it was washed away...
whats taking so long

Cloquet, MN

#3 Oct 1, 2010
I can't believe it's taking this long for deliberation. There is not enough evidence for a guilty verdict.
Patty

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 1, 2010
Come on people. You have no evidence and no motive. There were several trucks like that around that area. How many trucks do you see with stickers on it. I live around that area and when that happened I was looking for trucks like that all the time. You see quite a few with messed up grills too. You don't have any DNA on the truck and I doubt it would have all washed off if it would have been there. You need to keep looking for the person that did this.
Ive found out

Melbourne, IA

#5 Oct 1, 2010
I've found out that Pollard learned to drive at the Branstad School for Drivers Ed. He still needs one more kill to complete the course.
Don

Des Moines, IA

#6 Oct 1, 2010
Can you imagine sitting there with life in prison or walk away free in the balance?

talk about pressure

I have no iodea if he did it or noit. but the prosecution sure did a disorganized job of presenting it to the public

today's public is tomorrow's jury
Chicky Soup

Ankeny, IA

#7 Oct 1, 2010
Dude had three weeks to wash his truck. With an MP back ground and watching any one of the fifty CSI type shows I would hope he would wash his truck.
Ana wrote:
There is just not enough evidence to prove he hit and killed this lady... They say Iowa doesn't need to prove as to why someone would kill a person.. My question is why not??? And after 5 years he's a free man w/o fleeing any guilty person would of left the country right??? Any person that thinks their innocent will stay and fight for their life (as he is)... And another thing that just baffles my mind is everyone has had at least 1 bloody nose right??? and if it gets on your clothes or anywhere it's hard to come out. Hypothetical scenario: Say he did hit the woman DNA could of gotten anywhere on his truck, and while he was at work the blood had a chance to dry (yes some could of gotten washed away with snow or slush) but any dried DNA that would of been left on the truck would need to be scrubbed off it won't just wash away, so in conclusion if he did indeeded hit the woman there would still be some type of DNA on his truck may be hair or blood. So I say he's INNOCENT.
*My thought and prayers go out to her family and friends - And may they bring the REAL murderer to justice*
What blood

Franklin, TN

#8 Oct 1, 2010
Who's to say there was blood? The impact may have caused her to sustain injuries from her head hitting the ground, there's no reason to assume blood would be on his truck, this was dead of winter, she probably had many layers of clothes on.
As far as everyone using his service to this country, and the fact that he's a father and husband as a defense, get a grip! A lot of killers were fathers and military men, that doesn't make him innocent.
For those who live out of state, there's a lot not being reported here. I grew up with him in Altoona. There were all kinds of rumors. One big one, that was rampant in the days following, was not that HE had a connection to this woman, but that his father did!
Everyone saying he could never do this? How do you know? This kid was spoiled rotten, he got away with anything he wanted, I spent time in his home as a kid and I know. I'm NOT saying he's guilty, but there are a lot more details in this case than being reported, and A LOT of assumptions being made. Whether he's innocent or not, his supporters need to stop acting like he's Mr. Wonderful, this kid was always a punk.
I feel sorry for both families, and if he is in fact innocent, I hope they find who did it. I don't know that all the details of this trial are being reported, but all these armchair laywers need to realize there is always more to a story.
Don

Des Moines, IA

#9 Oct 1, 2010
What blood wrote:
Who's to say there was blood? The impact may have caused her to sustain injuries from her head hitting the ground, there's no reason to assume blood would be on his truck, this was dead of winter, she probably had many layers of clothes on.
As far as everyone using his service to this country, and the fact that he's a father and husband as a defense, get a grip! A lot of killers were fathers and military men, that doesn't make him innocent.
For those who live out of state, there's a lot not being reported here. I grew up with him in Altoona. There were all kinds of rumors. One big one, that was rampant in the days following, was not that HE had a connection to this woman, but that his father did!
Everyone saying he could never do this? How do you know? This kid was spoiled rotten, he got away with anything he wanted, I spent time in his home as a kid and I know. I'm NOT saying he's guilty, but there are a lot more details in this case than being reported, and A LOT of assumptions being made. Whether he's innocent or not, his supporters need to stop acting like he's Mr. Wonderful, this kid was always a punk.
I feel sorry for both families, and if he is in fact innocent, I hope they find who did it. I don't know that all the details of this trial are being reported, but all these armchair laywers need to realize there is always more to a story.
"There were all kinds of rumors. One big one, that was rampant in the days following, was not that HE had a connection to this woman, but that his father did!"

that's called 'hearsay', for a reason

i have no idea if he's guilty or not. if he is, i hope there's enough evidence to convict him

But if there isn't, i hope he's freed no matter what (no disrespect to the family of the deceased)

I'm not a liberal by any stretch - but anyone could get caught in a set of citcumstances where one looks guilty but really isnt, and i'm as concerned about the next person as i am about him

that's they way the law is supposed to work, to keep innocent people out of prison
Not guilty

Dubuque, IA

#10 Oct 1, 2010
What blood wrote:
Who's to say there was blood? The impact may have caused her to sustain injuries from her head hitting the ground, there's no reason to assume blood would be on his truck, this was dead of winter, she probably had many layers of clothes on.
As far as everyone using his service to this country, and the fact that he's a father and husband as a defense, get a grip! A lot of killers were fathers and military men, that doesn't make him innocent.
For those who live out of state, there's a lot not being reported here. I grew up with him in Altoona. There were all kinds of rumors. One big one, that was rampant in the days following, was not that HE had a connection to this woman, but that his father did!
Everyone saying he could never do this? How do you know? This kid was spoiled rotten, he got away with anything he wanted, I spent time in his home as a kid and I know. I'm NOT saying he's guilty, but there are a lot more details in this case than being reported, and A LOT of assumptions being made. Whether he's innocent or not, his supporters need to stop acting like he's Mr. Wonderful, this kid was always a punk.
I feel sorry for both families, and if he is in fact innocent, I hope they find who did it. I don't know that all the details of this trial are being reported, but all these armchair laywers need to realize there is always more to a story.
My guess is that if he was always a punk then you would've been too! No ones perfect, but people do grow up and change, no one ever stays the same! I wonder what people would say about you if you happened to be the one charged with this crime?
What blood

Franklin, TN

#11 Oct 1, 2010
Not guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that if he was always a punk then you would've been too! No ones perfect, but people do grow up and change, no one ever stays the same! I wonder what people would say about you if you happened to be the one charged with this crime?
Fair enough, you make a good point and that was unfair of me. However, my argument remains that being a father/soldier isn't a defense, as several posters have implied.

As far as the hearsay goes, I understand that, and hearsay is not evidence, the reason I bring it up is because there is more to the story. Much more.

If he's innocent, let him go, but the people trying to imply that being a father/soldier is what makes him innocent need a reality check. The truth is what makes him innocent, or guilty, not his service to this country, etc.
Not guilty

Dubuque, IA

#12 Oct 1, 2010
What blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, you make a good point and that was unfair of me. However, my argument remains that being a father/soldier isn't a defense, as several posters have implied.
As far as the hearsay goes, I understand that, and hearsay is not evidence, the reason I bring it up is because there is more to the story. Much more.
If he's innocent, let him go, but the people trying to imply that being a father/soldier is what makes him innocent need a reality check. The truth is what makes him innocent, or guilty, not his service to this country, etc.
I understand what you're saying. And to be fair I will say that he's not trying to use him being a father or a soldier as a defense. These are just facts. He's a proud soldier and a very proud and great father. He put himself out there for questioning, he doesn't choose the questions.
Anita

San Francisco, CA

#13 Oct 1, 2010
@ what blood - You obviously have some sort of personal vendetta against him and his family b/c he had more than you or you were just jealous of him... How do you know that I don't know the family either??.. you don't, your perception of him and mine are different and who are you to say what kind of person he is now b/c you knew him when he was younger...
And if you read or listen to everything they stated they searched for blood... Because you know whenever someone gets fatally hit by a big truck no blood could ever be present right (sarcastically speaking)... And the fact that he's a father/soldier doesn't have anything to do with him being innocent IT'S THE LACK OF EVIDENCE.

Sorry to get off topic b/c my rant has nothing to do with the real issues going on it's just people like *True Blood* that gets my blood bubbling.
What blood

Franklin, TN

#14 Oct 1, 2010
Not guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you're saying. And to be fair I will say that he's not trying to use him being a father or a soldier as a defense. These are just facts. He's a proud soldier and a very proud and great father. He put himself out there for questioning, he doesn't choose the questions.
Very true, I was referring to posters here. I wasn't under the impression that Justin himself was trying to use it as a defense. Guilty or innocent the entire thing is tragic, and I am sure that both sides of this only want peace for those families. It's hard to believe five years have passed.
What blood

Franklin, TN

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Anita wrote:
@ what blood - You obviously have some sort of personal vendetta against him and his family b/c he had more than you or you were just jealous of him... How do you know that I don't know the family either??.. you don't, your perception of him and mine are different and who are you to say what kind of person he is now b/c you knew him when he was younger...
And if you read or listen to everything they stated they searched for blood... Because you know whenever someone gets fatally hit by a big truck no blood could ever be present right (sarcastically speaking)... And the fact that he's a father/soldier doesn't have anything to do with him being innocent IT'S THE LACK OF EVIDENCE.
Sorry to get off topic b/c my rant has nothing to do with the real issues going on it's just people like *True Blood* that gets my blood bubbling.
No vendetta, sorry you feel that way.(that's a pretty big leap) My prayers are with both families. His brother is an absolute sweetheart and I'd never wish ill on anyone's family. I admitted my comments about his behavior were unfair. Sorry you took it so personal.
Nevada Guy

Spirit Lake, IA

#16 Oct 1, 2010
Welol, everyone just wants it to be over. I don't care who did it.
Seriously

Cloquet, MN

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Nevada Guy wrote:
Welol, everyone just wants it to be over. I don't care who did it.
Annamarie's family cares who did it....
A Voice

United States

#18 Oct 1, 2010
If you don't know either one of these families, you need to keep quiet. There are things said during court that the public does not know so speaking like you know everything is wrong!
Prayers for both families are needed. Mr. Pollard has a family that loves him also!
Yessir

San Francisco, CA

#19 Oct 1, 2010
A Voice wrote:
If you don't know either one of these families, you need to keep quiet. There are things said during court that the public does not know so speaking like you know everything is wrong!
Prayers for both families are needed. Mr. Pollard has a family that loves him also!
And a big Sieg Heil to you too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altoona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dozens of Stolen Dogs (May '10) Sep 20 Help 36
Gangs in Iowa? (Feb '11) Sep 13 white girl 16 47
News Meredith Cuts 20 Jobs (Apr '10) Sep 13 RP McMurphy 27
Jeff burns Sep 12 Not forgot you 1
Baker electric Sep 12 Not forgot you 1
Pleasant Hll Little League Vendor Sep 12 Soapboxmom 7
Ankeny Little League Vendor Jevin Stiffs & Sues... Sep 7 JevinScam 4

Altoona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altoona Mortgages