Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Knowledge

United States

#33125 May 19, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
i just wish that he'd tell us what he's been snorting up his nose... i sure don't want any of it if it makes you see things like that.
I would like to say that since your not answering my reply, it was about me. I have spoken to a couple of people who are Methodist, and they believe in Hell. So tell me do you pick and choose from your two denominations of what you believe? Well, I have gone this far, I guess I will go all the way. If you were not talking about me, and you were making fun of the man who spoke his opinion, either way, you are publicly humiliating someone. You say you are an ordained minister, well I think they should revoke your license if you don't publicly say your sorry. When you take on a image of a Minister, I am not sure of what you believe but as a minister of God, it is your duty to bring people to God, not make excuses or run Him down. You can say your this and that, but when you mock God, or His people, it is a serious thing. You may pray and hope there is no hell but there are no jaccuzis in hell for your pleasure. It us up to a minister to speak the truth, not to pick and choose and add to, or take away. I say this as you probably know, there is a warning in the Bible against people who do this. If you keep on speaking against the Bible, maybe it is time you let your license go of being an ordained ministerof God. I would believe no man with a license to preach or that is ordained would back you. Now for your own knowledge, I am Pentecostal and I will pray you will find your right choices . One more thing I will not quit preaching the Gospel until I die, when there is an opportunity. I do not do drugs but I am Holy Ghost filled and proud of it. If I die tomorrow, I know where I will be, until then I will be a servant for God. Remember we all are accountable for the things we say and do especially when you do God's work. The Bible states that when you go to see if you are in the Book of Life and you did not serve Him as you should have, He will say to you Depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you. Time to make your mind up who you are working for. I hold you more accountable than the others, and so will God.
Knowledge

United States

#33126 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
no, we're referring to the same poster. he's seeing some really, really weird things.
He has seen a lot of the things I have seen. You should not speak about kno one like that, it is your duty.... You really let me down.
Knowledge

United States

#33127 May 19, 2012
no one*

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33128 May 19, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to say that since your not answering my reply, it was about me. I have spoken to a couple of people who are Methodist, and they believe in Hell. So tell me do you pick and choose from your two denominations of what you believe? Well, I have gone this far, I guess I will go all the way. If you were not talking about me, and you were making fun of the man who spoke his opinion, either way, you are publicly humiliating someone. You say you are an ordained minister, well I think they should revoke your license if you don't publicly say your sorry. When you take on a image of a Minister, I am not sure of what you believe but as a minister of God, it is your duty to bring people to God, not make excuses or run Him down. You can say your this and that, but when you mock God, or His people, it is a serious thing. You may pray and hope there is no hell but there are no jaccuzis in hell for your pleasure. It us up to a minister to speak the truth, not to pick and choose and add to, or take away. I say this as you probably know, there is a warning in the Bible against people who do this. If you keep on speaking against the Bible, maybe it is time you let your license go of being an ordained ministerof God. I would believe no man with a license to preach or that is ordained would back you. Now for your own knowledge, I am Pentecostal and I will pray you will find your right choices . One more thing I will not quit preaching the Gospel until I die, when there is an opportunity. I do not do drugs but I am Holy Ghost filled and proud of it. If I die tomorrow, I know where I will be, until then I will be a servant for God. Remember we all are accountable for the things we say and do especially when you do God's work. The Bible states that when you go to see if you are in the Book of Life and you did not serve Him as you should have, He will say to you Depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you. Time to make your mind up who you are working for. I hold you more accountable than the others, and so will God.
um... i did answer your question. i told you that it was about the same person which you were responding to. that's why, in my original post to you i used the pronoun 'he', rather than 'you'. do you see the difference now?

gee... do you always take everything so personally?

Location hidden

#33129 May 19, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
He has seen a lot of the things I have seen. You should not speak about kno one like that, it is your duty.... You really let me down.
are you telling me that you see big hairy green monsters and angels flying around?
Knowledge

United States

#33131 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
are you telling me that you see big hairy green monsters and angels flying around?
It is a very serious thing to mock God or His people. You are walking on shaky grounds, with God lady, you don't take it serious enough. All I can say is you are in the hands of a merciful God, and I hope He will be merciful to you. You have sold yourself out to the Devil, you can't be hot or cold . Even if you go back to school you've got got a lot of KNEEOLOGY to do. You evidently don't believe in the Bible you are mocking Daniel for his dreams. I pray God will show you some things, you can not be lukewarm or He will spue you out of His mouth. You know the scripture or have you gone that far off to not hear His work./ I will pray for you tonight. You know the people who I believe that are sinning are not as much in danger as you are. You know God's word, they do not. One more thing, yes there are other gods but the God of Jehovah is the Almighty one you need to put that in your pipe and smoke it, and quit preaching against GOD's WORD. He also said THou shalt have no other God's Before Me. Good Night.
Knowledge

United States

#33133 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
um... i did answer your question. i told you that it was about the same person which you were responding to. that's why, in my original post to you i used the pronoun 'he', rather than 'you'. do you see the difference now?
gee... do you always take everything so personally?
When it comes to mocking God, or making fun of another, yes I do when it comes from a man or woman who says they are minister of God and you claim you are. I take it very personally, and I have lost my respect for your ministry. I hope you don't treat your congregation as you have done on this thread. You are not a good role model.

Location hidden

#33134 May 19, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a very serious thing to mock God or His people. You are walking on shaky grounds, with God lady, you don't take it serious enough. All I can say is you are in the hands of a merciful God, and I hope He will be merciful to you. You have sold yourself out to the Devil, you can't be hot or cold . Even if you go back to school you've got got a lot of KNEEOLOGY to do. You evidently don't believe in the Bible you are mocking Daniel for his dreams. I pray God will show you some things, you can not be lukewarm or He will spue you out of His mouth. You know the scripture or have you gone that far off to not hear His work./ I will pray for you tonight. You know the people who I believe that are sinning are not as much in danger as you are. You know God's word, they do not. One more thing, yes there are other gods but the God of Jehovah is the Almighty one you need to put that in your pipe and smoke it, and quit preaching against GOD's WORD. He also said THou shalt have no other God's Before Me. Good Night.
yes, the god el told the israelites that they should have no other gods... the goyem, however, don't follow the same commandments unless they intend to put on the jewish mantle and yamulka. it's as simple as that... the laws that you were meant to follow were the noachide laws.

maybe it's time that you go back and study the torah.

with this advise, i believe that i will terminate our dialogue unless you offer to me your humble apology for the things which you have said to me.

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#33135 May 19, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You all just don't get it yet, do you? WE DON'T BELIEVE! If someone you knew warned you day-in and day-out of the dangers of not worshipping the great pumpkin, and wanted laws written to reflect his beliefs, wouldn't you be annoyed? Get offended? I, and I think others like me, have taken our annoyance at religion and turnned it around - yes, we mock you, and we mock your god - because you can't get it through your thick skulls that your religion is NOT IN CHARGE!
Knowledge

United States

#33137 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
yes, the god el told the israelites that they should have no other gods... the goyem, however, don't follow the same commandments unless they intend to put on the jewish mantle and yamulka. it's as simple as that... the laws that you were meant to follow were the noachide laws.
maybe it's time that you go back and study the torah.
with this advise, i believe that i will terminate our dialogue unless you offer to me your humble apology for the things which you have said to me.
I am sorry the truth hurts. I will not apologize for God's word, I would be in serious trouble with God. I will stick with His word. I do not hate you nor am I angry with you, I pray for you. You have become a very mixed up individual, you have taken all of your knowledge but forgotten what It is all about. I don't need to study the Tora I do not live under the old law I live under His grace, but there are still rules to live by, you can't pick and choose, you know that. I pray you will get it. Remember our actions may be only the Bible anyone ever reads, and I can not go along with your behavior. It would seem we have to terminate, if you want me to apologize for defending God's word, you were offended by His word, not mine. Something you should think about.
Knowledge

United States

#33139 May 19, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
You all just don't get it yet, do you? WE DON'T BELIEVE! If someone you knew warned you day-in and day-out of the dangers of not worshipping the great pumpkin, and wanted laws written to reflect his beliefs, wouldn't you be annoyed? Get offended? I, and I think others like me, have taken our annoyance at religion and turnned it around - yes, we mock you, and we mock your god - because you can't get it through your thick skulls that your religion is NOT IN CHARGE!
So, what is your point, this conversation was not with you. I do not care what you think about me.LOL You should not include others when you are talking about yourself. I would assume you would do all of these things, you do not portray yourself to be a minister of God. That is why you get along so well with Ms. Weebles she feeds you what you want to hear. I was not pushing my belief on anyone, I don't unless someone asks, or makes fun of something I believe. Good night to you young man.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33141 May 19, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
She started out as a pretty decent conversationalist. Shoulda figured it was only a matter of time before we started hearing about how the devil is deceiving people and the whole kneeling before the deity spiel. It's always predictable.

It's such a turn-off.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#33142 May 19, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry the truth hurts. I will not apologize for God's word, I would be in serious trouble with God. I will stick with His word. I do not hate you nor am I angry with you, I pray for you. You have become a very mixed up individual, you have taken all of your knowledge but forgotten what It is all about. I don't need to study the Tora I do not live under the old law I live under His grace, but there are still rules to live by, you can't pick and choose, you know that. I pray you will get it. Remember our actions may be only the Bible anyone ever reads, and I can not go along with your behavior. It would seem we have to terminate, if you want me to apologize for defending God's word, you were offended by His word, not mine. Something you should think about.
You've earned your badge for evangelism. Congratulations. Now kindly move along.
Dick Face Durbin

Romeoville, IL

#33143 May 19, 2012
Have you ever considered refraining from using drugs just a thought.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Tommy Tone

Romeoville, IL

#33144 May 19, 2012
Ever considered getting a GED, it may help before you post again you illiterate piece of trash,
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge

United States

#33149 May 20, 2012
Don't ask if you don't want to know. I didn't volunteer any information on anyone. If someone asks get ready for the truth. I don't lie, I won't lie, you can sugar coat things anyway you want it. I do not. This is not a site for gays only, the ten who is for it and the ten who is not, does not own this site, I Believe it is for everyone who lives in the United States of America or elsewhere, we all have the freedom of speech, so if you don't want to hear about my religion, don't ask. Don't use your fingers and type stupid ridiculous things about any Christians, if they bid you no harm. I do no call you fags, queers, homos, Transys, what ever they call you. I have given everyone respect. Don't ask don't tell. As far as illiteracy, I may mispell on this forum, but I can probably do better on the outside than you can and survive. None of you know the life I have lived, that is all I will say about that. I Have not judged any of you except cleaning up the filthy mouths on here. I have not attacked anyone, unless they are doing the attacking. But you all sure like to attack anyone who does not agree with you. As for me, you think I am crazy because I believe, I think you are for not. Now, that we got that out, I am not on here to preach anyone my beliefs, I am on here watching and observing for the things to come. You see how you act, is a good indication, of what our world is going to be like in a few years, and our future doesn't look to bright. You may not like me, but I have the right to state my opinion as you or anyone else. Like I said, I have been quiet for almost two years and this site has gotten out of hand for the regular people with morals,and the Christians who read it.
I will be back on when I see someone getting bullied by any of you, and to Tommy Tone, your not one of the norms on here, you come and go, enough said. Now, as far as me going back to school, I have been there, done that, yes and even college, now retired. I don't feel like I need to impress anyone anymore, thank you very much. It is my time to reap the benefits, I have worked and fought for.LOL I go by the Bible, if you don't like it, too bad. I don't care what your Atheist scientists have to say, they work to disprove God's word, not to prove it. You all wine about your rights, but yet you want to take my rights from speaking about my religion or beliefs. Like I said, don't run down a Christian, and you won't hear from me. Don't change God's words in the Bible and you won't hear from me. I have been on here almost two years watching, and you haven't heard much from me. But just keep doing what called me out in the first place, and I'll be back.LOL I HAVE RIGHTS TOO!:) Like it or not. You people shouldn't ask people how they believe, if you don't want to hear the truth, all of your Greek mythology has quite nice, it took me back to my high school days when they taught it as mythologies...LOL
Knowledge

United States

#33150 May 20, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
You've earned your badge for evangelism. Congratulations. Now kindly move along.
Why thank you. I do believe you do not own this site, as much as you would like to think you do, it is for the public . It is not just for Gays! I have been on here since it was started, keep in mind ,I have always been here observing. That is what I do. Thank you for telling me to leave, but I will kindly stay and continue to observe. If you don't want me on here don't call me back with your comments. Don't bully anyone, and run down Christianity. I can tell you something else, you guys get like a bunch of little girls and circle the one you don't like, and pick on them because they are different. You all need to grow up and maybe people would treat you like you were. If you want respect you have to earn it. I would have thought you wouldn't have acted like a child on this one, just because we see things differently. Have a good day sir.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#33151 May 20, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
Don't change God's words in the Bible and you won't hear from me.
When did you learn to read Greek and Hebrew? God didn't write the BUYBULL in English, ya know.
Knowledge

United States

#33152 May 20, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
She started out as a pretty decent conversationalist. Shoulda figured it was only a matter of time before we started hearing about how the devil is deceiving people and the whole kneeling before the deity spiel. It's always predictable.
It's such a turn-off.
What makes you think I am a woman? I have not told anyone my gender. LOL No one needs to know. Have a good day.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#33153 May 20, 2012
Look, we obviously know you're going to linger here, should you choose to do so. I certainly didn't expect you to tuck your tail between your legs and run.

But your MO within the thread is/was entirely too predictable. There's a LONG line of well-meaning Christians who proceed you.

So, let's cut to the chase. Trying to evangelize to LGBT-Q people here will be like beating your head up against a brick wall. It'll feel great when you finally stop.

Many LGBT-Q people have been turned out of their congregations; others left after being treated like second-class Christians.

Some on this thread are associated with congregations that welcome LGBT-Q people into FULL participation of the Church, including the ministry.

There's zero chance, zero, that your efforts will result in a "light bulb" moment for anyone here. We've all had our "come to Jesus" moment LONG ago (figuratively, of course).

It's admirable, albeit futile, that you choose to evangelize here, but that brick wall is going to get old real fast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Mark Maniaci? Jun 22 pete 2
News Fireworks displays sure to light up the night s... Jun 21 me 2
Murder in Cottage Hills (Apr '13) Jun 14 Looking for infor... 3
Outlaws MC (Sep '09) Jun 12 618rider 116
Info Requested Alton Police Officer in 1921 Rob... Jun 9 Illinois Native 1
Anyone pay for sex anymore Jun 5 Saphire88 1
Does it really suck working for Olin-Winchester (Aug '09) Jun 4 Jessie Jhonson 152
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alton Mortgages