Ruidoso officials seek alternate recr...

Ruidoso officials seek alternate recreation sites

There are 36 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Oct 16, 2012, titled Ruidoso officials seek alternate recreation sites. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

With the Bonito Lake recreation area unsuitable for public use because of the damage from the Little Bear Fire in June, Ruidoso officials are looking alternate sites for tourists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Oct 16, 2012
I needs a nudist spot
No thanx

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Oct 16, 2012
Bro wrote:
I needs a nudist spot
Believe me, if your diet consists of crap from Carls Jr., aint nobody that wants to see you nude.
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Oct 16, 2012
we needs to be naked. I brought Carls Jr here. The skys da limit

Since: Jul 11

Ruidoso NM

#4 Oct 16, 2012
A hiking trail around the perimeter of the lake would be nice, maybe with some benches placed here and there. Also, some picnic tables would be nice.
Some shade needs to be provided but there are apparatus's that do that without major construction. Yes, I think Grindstone is a possibility but some improvements need to be made and that will take a little money. I've always liked Grindstone Lake but don't know what the water level is at now. Must go have a look. It would be a nice community project that could get our citizens involved.
suggestion

Ruidoso, NM

#5 Oct 17, 2012
Since no work goes on within city hall, perhaps it should be turned into some type of recreation site or even a new lounge or bar...or perhaps a haunted house for Halloween. No masks needed.
Simon_Phoenix

Hobbs, NM

#6 Oct 23, 2012
From a concerned citizen:

I happen to live in the Grindstone Lake area, and I can tell you this, this is a completely ill thought and poor idea for the following reasons.

1. Since access is limited to Grindstone Lake, can we be assured that some yahoo with his camper wont be speeding down a family neighborhood? Yes some of the neighborhood roads do lead to Grindstone as well.

2. What about the excessive traffic inevitable through said neighborhood roads? I personally dont want Uncle Buck and his rowdy crew with their camper screaming down my road at 2 am trying to get the "ideal spot".

3. What is to assure the residents it will be quiet around the Grindstone area if campers are involved? I myself dont want my children awaken by a drunken revilery over "Who has the bigger tent"?

4. And absolutely the most important of all points and need I remind the residents of our city about FIRE!! Grindstone Lake is within shouting distance of major residential areas AND Midtown!!!

Do you really want to see the risk of your homes being burned? Do you really want another Bonito Lake? I personally do not think the risk to both our drinking reservoir and our residential areas is worth it.

Just my 2 cents
50 cent

Alamogordo, NM

#7 Oct 23, 2012
We comin up there. party time!
Hector Venezuela

Alto, NM

#8 Oct 23, 2012
Who said anything about overnite camping? Also, are people with campers more prone to speeding? I've not heard of this. Your 2 cents is worth just about that... 2 cents. I think a picnic area with a veranda or two would be nice and so would a more defined hiking trail.

Chill.
Simon_Phoenix

Hobbs, NM

#9 Oct 23, 2012
With the Bonito Lake recreation area unsuitable for public use because of the damage from the Little Bear Fire in June, Ruidoso officials are looking alternate sites for tourists.

The fire burned more than 44,000 acres of private property and of public land on the Lincoln National Forest, destroying more than 250 homes. The area around the lake owned by the city of Alamogordo and the adjoining South Fork prime camping site in the Smokey Bear Ranger District of the national forest were hard hit.

You know Hector, it seems like my 2 cents are more than your entire comment, again another individual that doesnt bother to read the article. So ill read slowly just for.

Since Bonito Lake and adjoining SOUTH FORK PRIME CAMPING SITE were damaged , the CITY OF RUIDOSO are now looking for alternate sites for tourists.

That is my worry that Gridstone will be considered for camping and recreation, I dont mind a walk or a trail or day use AT ALL my objections are to noise, excessive use of neighborhood roads to access Grindstone, and of course the fact that Grindstone IS one of our few drinking reservoirs the possibility of FIRE!!!

Do you have ANY idea Hector how many people live near the Grindstone area? ill give you a hint A LOT!! So here's my 2 cents, go buy yourself more reading skills, you need them.
Wonderwhat

Hobbs, NM

#10 Oct 23, 2012
Who said anything about overnite camping? Also, are people with campers more prone to speeding? I've not heard of this. Your 2 cents is worth just about that... 2 cents. I think a picnic area with a veranda or two would be nice and so would a more defined hiking trail.

Chill.

Spoken like a typical tourist, maybe Texas??

Maybe they dont teach spelling.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Oct 23, 2012
Wonderwhat wrote:
Spoken like a typical tourist, maybe Texas??
Maybe they dont teach spelling.
You've got a point.
Are you from Texas where they "dont teach spelling"?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 23, 2012
Simon_Phoenix wrote:
With the Bonito Lake recreation area unsuitable for public use because of the damage from the Little Bear Fire in June, Ruidoso officials are looking alternate sites for tourists.
The fire burned more than 44,000 acres of private property and of public land on the Lincoln National Forest, destroying more than 250 homes. The area around the lake owned by the city of Alamogordo and the adjoining South Fork prime camping site in the Smokey Bear Ranger District of the national forest were hard hit.
You know Hector, it seems like my 2 cents are more than your entire comment, again another individual that doesnt bother to read the article. So ill read slowly just for.
Since Bonito Lake and adjoining SOUTH FORK PRIME CAMPING SITE were damaged , the CITY OF RUIDOSO are now looking for alternate sites for tourists.
That is my worry that Gridstone will be considered for camping and recreation, I dont mind a walk or a trail or day use AT ALL my objections are to noise, excessive use of neighborhood roads to access Grindstone, and of course the fact that Grindstone IS one of our few drinking reservoirs the possibility of FIRE!!!
Do you have ANY idea Hector how many people live near the Grindstone area? ill give you a hint A LOT!! So here's my 2 cents, go buy yourself more reading skills, you need them.
I read the article, too, and I agree with Hector. Your claims of beer-swilling campers drag racing their RV's down to Grindstone through quiet bordering neighborhoods, vying for the best camping site even if it causes a few drunken fist fights, are ridiculous beyond all comprehension. That would never be a consideration or possibility for that site. In this case, it's not about reading skills, it's about brains.... or rather, the lack of them in your case. Get real. Nowhere does it say "alternative camping sites for tourists". It reads 'alternative sites for tourists", which could mean a variety of activities based on what fits the location.
Simon_Phoenix

Hobbs, NM

#13 Oct 23, 2012
"We anticipate with the loss of the Bonito Recreation Area, visitors to Ruidoso will seek alternate recreation sites in the area such as Grindstone Lake, or we could lose economic benefit by users going to other communities for camping and recreational activities," she wrote.

Well I can see Gladys, the article does mention camping (Fail for your reading skills as well) but ill bet you DON'T live in the Grindstone area, oh and I supposed the kids that were busted firing an AK-47 and drinking at Grindstone Lake was ridiculous right? or that a couple of bikers on a bet nearly ran over a child near Santa Rosa was an "illusion"?

Your the one that needs to get real, oh wait I forgot, your probably one of those that lives with your head in the sand thinking oh fires will never happen or the fact that Grindstone is in the prevailing winds, wake up!! and think about it, the city is looking for every dollar it can find, oh wait? I think you must have forgotten too that the Swallow fire was started by someone starting a fire behind K Bobs.

So how many more statistics does it take even for the clueless like you to realize we DONT NEED anymore threats.

People like you Gladys are the reason Ruidoso is failing. Get out of your dream lady and start facing hard reality, I as a property owner want to make my neighborhood as minimal a risk to fires as do others around me.

So Gladys one word FAIL
nobody cares

Alamogordo, NM

#14 Oct 23, 2012
nobody cares about your crappy lil pond that you call a rec site
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Oct 23, 2012
Can Bro get naked there? where can bro get naked round here?
Hector Venezuela

Alto, NM

#16 Oct 24, 2012
Simon_Phoenix wrote:
"We anticipate with the loss of the Bonito Recreation Area, visitors to Ruidoso will seek alternate recreation sites in the area such as Grindstone Lake, or we could lose economic benefit by users going to other communities for camping and recreational activities," she wrote.
Well I can see Gladys, the article does mention camping (Fail for your reading skills as well) but ill bet you DON'T live in the Grindstone area, oh and I supposed the kids that were busted firing an AK-47 and drinking at Grindstone Lake was ridiculous right? or that a couple of bikers on a bet nearly ran over a child near Santa Rosa was an "illusion"?
Your the one that needs to get real, oh wait I forgot, your probably one of those that lives with your head in the sand thinking oh fires will never happen or the fact that Grindstone is in the prevailing winds, wake up!! and think about it, the city is looking for every dollar it can find, oh wait? I think you must have forgotten too that the Swallow fire was started by someone starting a fire behind K Bobs.
So how many more statistics does it take even for the clueless like you to realize we DONT NEED anymore threats.
People like you Gladys are the reason Ruidoso is failing. Get out of your dream lady and start facing hard reality, I as a property owner want to make my neighborhood as minimal a risk to fires as do others around me.
So Gladys one word FAIL
Quite the drama queen aren't you? Anyone can start a fire anywhere. Did the Bear fire start at Bonita Lake? If so, you have a point, otherwise you don't.
eyesight2020

Alto, NM

#17 Oct 24, 2012
Grindstone looks like a ghetto now. T hey totally annijulated it and did a shoddy job so it looks like the land has been scraped to build condos. not the case, but still ugly as hell. besides the fish are all oxygen starved here. oxygen starved fish cause cancer.
go see smoked bear

Ruidoso, NM

#18 Oct 24, 2012
Simon_Phoenix wrote:
From a concerned citizen:
I happen to live in the Grindstone Lake area, and I can tell you this, this is a completely ill thought and poor idea for the following reasons.
1. Since access is limited to Grindstone Lake, can we be assured that some yahoo with his camper wont be speeding down a family neighborhood? Yes some of the neighborhood roads do lead to Grindstone as well.
2. What about the excessive traffic inevitable through said neighborhood roads? I personally dont want Uncle Buck and his rowdy crew with their camper screaming down my road at 2 am trying to get the "ideal spot".
3. What is to assure the residents it will be quiet around the Grindstone area if campers are involved? I myself dont want my children awaken by a drunken revilery over "Who has the bigger tent"?
4. And absolutely the most important of all points and need I remind the residents of our city about FIRE!! Grindstone Lake is within shouting distance of major residential areas AND Midtown!!!
Do you really want to see the risk of your homes being burned? Do you really want another Bonito Lake? I personally do not think the risk to both our drinking reservoir and our residential areas is worth it.
Just my 2 cents
Go talk to the smoked bear that wants to criticize others for doing nothing but wants three dollars from your water bill to buy band aids. The Village of Ruidoso has done nothing to burn those grindstone fuels and therefore you have the right to be nervous about fire there if that in fact is where you live.
Josephine Baltrone

Alto, NM

#19 Oct 24, 2012
I moved to this area for the privacy of Grindstone. The idea of a bunch of meth laden alcoholics slurping down HAMMS and beating the sh*t out of their bastard, hoodlum kids, frolicking in and around my property is unwelcome.

Ruidoso needs to be entered into "most mismanaged municipality in the United States".

I think the grand prize is an actual fire chief.
Simon_Phoenix

Hobbs, NM

#20 Oct 24, 2012
Quite the little moron arent you Hector?

I did make a point but just like Gladys there, your just another local yokel who thinks that Debi Lee is your queen and savior.

Do yourself a favor Hector, take that 2 cents I gave you and buy yourself a clue.

I said that essentially what happened at Bonito could happen at Grindstone, but since you seem to get all butthurt at any rebuttal, im the drama queen for trying to keep the people informed.

Yeah Hector, keep thinking that way and Ruidoso will become the haven for crack adddicts, drunks tustees of modern chemisty and 40 something adolescents.

Or maybe I hit a nerve because perhaps some of those types are your friends?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aussie grocery chain 23 min Laughing 9
Ain't This a Fact 35 min Diplomat 18
Federal Probe Into Fox News Channel May Be Wide... 6 hr Pragmatist 2
ooops 6 hr Pragmatist 4
Maddow Election Shocker. 7 hr Dittoe 41
Trumpís Corporate Tax Plan Just Leaked. He Lied... 7 hr Nope 18
New North Korean policy 7 hr Trump 4

Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alto Mortgages