Man dies in Osceola stabbing

Man dies in Osceola stabbing

There are 73 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Man dies in Osceola stabbing. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Homicide detectives in Osceola County this morning are investigating a fatal stabbing in Holopaw.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tyrone

Orlando, FL

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Drunk r-_e-_dnecks probably.
Olando

Titusville, FL

#2 Jan 28, 2009
Man dies after stabbing in Osceola County. This is the only reported stabbing of the day in that godforsaken place.

Yawn...What else is new in little San Juan? Drive by shootings? Rapes? Carjackings?

All those fools who bought homes in Celebration, thought they could isolate themselves from Osceola. Fools.

95% of Osceola is rican. The other 5% are trailer dwelling meth heads and drug smugglers ....Its a crying shame.
Mary Kay

Windermere, FL

#3 Jan 28, 2009
Do you even know where Holopaw is? It is all rednecks.
shut it

Saint Cloud, FL

#4 Jan 28, 2009
Hey IDIOT== Holopaw is about as redneck as it gets...you're a moron get a life.
Olando wrote:
Man dies after stabbing in Osceola County. This is the only reported stabbing of the day in that godforsaken place.
Yawn...What else is new in little San Juan? Drive by shootings? Rapes? Carjackings?
All those fools who bought homes in Celebration, thought they could isolate themselves from Osceola. Fools.
95% of Osceola is rican. The other 5% are trailer dwelling meth heads and drug smugglers ....Its a crying shame.
Olando

Titusville, FL

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Oh I forgot St. Cloud that bastion of upper crust Osceola society.

Not.
Tina Holopaw Resident

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Jan 28, 2009
Holopaw is a communtiy full of people who choose not to live in the crowded cities and towns A community that can afford to send every graduating high school senior to college and now adults also. A community that every household has received twice in the past year, a $250.00 Winn Dixie gift card, that is to over 500 households. A community that gave Osceola County $96,000.00 to put in a generator that is shared between the new fire station and community center and hurricane shutters on the community center. And bought new beds for the fire station and kitchen appliances. The list continues, if you think that constitutes "rednecks", then I'm proud to be one!
Bill

Greensburg, LA

#9 Jan 28, 2009
You know some of you people are lifeless pricks to sit there and disrespect a man who lost his life. All he was doing was his damn job. Regardless of the location a human being still lost his life, and all he was doing was trying to make a living. Why don't think about how you you would feel it someone you were close to whent to work one night and never came home. Stabbed to death. I knew that man personaly. He would have given anything to people he knew. He was a great person, and friend that will never be forgoten.
Mary Bell

Memphis, TN

#10 Jan 28, 2009
Does anyone know who lost his life and who took it?
J Davis

Orlando, FL

#11 Jan 28, 2009
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain said the stabbing happened at 11:22 p.m. Tuesday on Apollo Avenue. A witness told deputies the two men were involved in a fight. It is unclear what started the fight .........

One of em likely said "wrasslin aint real"
Barken

Palm Coast, FL

#12 Jan 28, 2009
Olando wrote:
95% of Osceola is rican. The other 5% are trailer dwelling meth heads and drug smugglers ....Its a crying shame.
As of 2005 Osceola County's population was 49.8% non-Hispanic white, 37.8% Hispanic, 10.1% African-American, 2.8% Asian, and 1.9% non-Hispanic persons reporting more than one race.
Barken

Palm Coast, FL

#13 Jan 28, 2009
Olando wrote:
Oh I forgot St. Cloud that bastion of upper crust Osceola society.
Not.
You also forgot Buenaventura Lakes, Campbell City, Celebration, Harmony, Holopaw, Intercession City, Kenansville, Narcoossee and Yeehaw Junction.
BOB

Southgate, MI

#14 Jan 28, 2009
PROBABLY SOME BLACK GUY DID IT
J Davis

Orlando, FL

#15 Jan 28, 2009
BOB wrote:
PROBABLY SOME BLACK GUY DID IT
10.1% chance.........
Ashley

AOL

#16 Jan 28, 2009
For all of you guys out there making rude comments, thank you so ever loving much.

Ed Roy, the man who died, was like a father to me. And needless to effin say the news didn't even tell you the whole story.

The guy he got into a fight with was freaking arguing with his wife and the woman called Ed to come save her. He got into it with her husband and the guy stabbed him. He wasn't some DRUNK REDNECK.

All Ed was trying to do was save this poor damn woman, and this is what he gets.
He was the greatest man I ever met, and I will NEVER forget him. He would give a stranger the shirt off his back in below zero weather.

None of you knew him, none of you know the story, how dare you sit there and make pathetic little comments like that.

You people are amazing.

Way to go.

I love you Ed Roy.
RIP. Forever and always.

Your sunshine.
Jordan

Tallahassee, FL

#17 Jan 28, 2009
Can't help but agree with Ashley on this one.
Lynn

AOL

#18 Jan 29, 2009
Hey Ashley
Im sorry that Ed lost his life ..It is so sad, though the storie that you have isn't all true . I will say this, Yes he did risk himself for helping out a friend and neighbor. I wish that he didn't loose his life over it. I reall didn't know him. I do know everyone else that was there when it happend. I know how and why but Im not gonna say on here. Plus its still under investigation.
I can't believe that people on here would just judge exspecailly talking crap when a man risked his life and died. I wonder if their mothers have ever tought them to say or think " If you can't say nothing nice don't say anything at all." All the things you said about him are true, from what I heard. Once again Im sorry Im sorry for your lost and his family.
rosey cheeks

Memphis, TN

#20 Jan 30, 2009
He was such a loving caring man, so patient with me over the last few years. He meant the world to me and so many other people. He touched so many lives he will be deeply missed. I'll never forgot all the times we spent together.
The words that were never spoken but he knew what I felt and I knew what he felt. I'll always love you edroy!!!
jusdontmakemybre ednomore

Richardson, TX

#21 Jan 30, 2009
Mary Bell wrote:
Does anyone know who lost his life and who took it?
Deputy sheriffs identified a Holopaw man this afternoon as the victim of a fatal stabbing in that east Osceola County community.

Edward Gross, 38, was pronounced dead at St. Cloud Regional Medical Center after a Tuesday night brawl, Osceola County sheriff's spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain said. A witness told deputies he got into a fight with John Castelli, 20, of St. Cloud at about 11:20 p.m. He was stabbed multiple times.

Police have not determined whether the attack was a murder, Lizasuain said. She did not release how or why the attack took place.

Castelli was also stabbed and was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center in stable condition.
jusdontmakemybre ednomore

Richardson, TX

#22 Jan 30, 2009
To let u know, he was a great man and was assisting a domestic battery and the agressor attcked him and killed him. He would have help anyone anytime, he worked for the same company for over 7 yrs and was a great brother, cousin, uncle & most of all person and 1 hell of a friend. He will be sadly missed and reunited with his mother and daughter in heaven. Eddie speggetti we all love and miss you, you left way before your time ( I guess They all & god needed you). Crying my eyes out, TO ALL YOU IGNORANT PPL NEVER JUDGE BOOK BY ITS COVER & IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS BY NO MEANS!!!!
ADAM

Ocala, FL

#24 Jan 31, 2009
ALL OF YOU SCUMBAGS SHOULD GET A LIFE. I KNEW THE GUY WHO WAS STABBED TO DEATH AND HE WAS STABBED TRYING TO HELP THE OTHER GUYS GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE HE WAS BEATING THE S**T OUT OF HER. THE GUY DIED TRYING TO BE A GOOD HUMAN BEING AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS TALK S**T ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED? JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT A**HOLES ARE IN THE WORLD. COMPLETLY F**KING PATHETIC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 4 min WeTheSheeple 1,342
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ROY 1,395,195
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 33 min Princess Hey 19,021
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 55 min OK Barry 947
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr tina anne 60,095
News Frank Ocean on Orlando massacre: 'Many hate us' 2 hr TerriB1 11
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 280
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altha Mortgages