Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29879 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21341 Dec 12, 2012
Serino said his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmermna's account--that he had acted in self-defense.

"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says that the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event..Everything I have is adding up to what he says."

This same man wanted him arrested for 2nd degree, then manslaughter, then drops those to self defense.

See how these people were literally screwing with George's life.

Remember all of the information getting leaked from the department? Matt Guttman from ABC coming up with all of these bomb shells that were not released yet he had the exclusives.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21342 Dec 12, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
Serino said his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmermna's account--that he had acted in self-defense.
"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says that the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event..Everything I have is adding up to what he says."
This same man wanted him arrested for 2nd degree, then manslaughter, then drops those to self defense.
See how these people were literally screwing with George's life.
Remember all of the information getting leaked from the department? Matt Guttman from ABC coming up with all of these bomb shells that were not released yet he had the exclusives.
The biggest obstacle Mr. Zimmerman will face is impeachment. The State will absolutely attempt to use his perjury about his initial bail against him.

While it finally seems that his attorney has established a modicum of client control over Mr. Zimmerman, those initial missteps will haunt him. Personally, I would also never put my client on a national talk show unless every question was vetted and the interview tightly controlled.

Are these issues fatal? Certainly not. But they don't help one iota.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21343 Dec 12, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>The election is over,they needed to get out the clueless black vote and they did,so now the intense drive will fade. No more Al&Jessie marching with tears demanding deranged justice.
And then he is invited to the White House to discuss the fiscal cliff . Why isn't he charged with a hate crime, a race crime? What about George's civil rights?

He threatened the town if no arrest was made then "civil disobedience" boycotts and economic sanctions. He said George is just one man why ruin the town for one man.

A restaurant down town that I patron lost $10,000 because of Sharpton's intimidation.

Boneparte will be hiring a new Chief the first of the year it will be interesting to see who is hired and their qualifications...first and foremost must be able to kiss arses with a big smile on your face.

gossamer

Warren, MI

#21344 Dec 12, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up in the south Chicago suburbs, and the worst thing that ever happened there, was done by the federal government....The residents(black) of federal housing(Cabrini Green and others) rather than take care of their virtually free housing, instead tore them to shreds, including bringing in guns and tons of violent crime.....Well, the feds decided to close these innercity projects and use Section 8 funding, to move these ghetto dwellers into the once beautiful, south suburbs....Now what this crazy, taxpayer-funded, social engineering has acomplished is to ruin all these suburb areas, and do ZERO to stem the tide in violent crime in the inner-city.....Plus, if you lived in these suburbs, and worked your ass off, to have a nice house...it is now worth peanuts, thanks to those in Washington....and they did it all, with your own tax money....
The same thing is happening in Detroit and the suburbs.

The thing is housing lost value due to the housing bubble.

People said oh housing will come back to what they were worth before.

I say no they won't.

Because the Detroit transplants moved in and hosuing just dropped another $20,000.00.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21345 Dec 12, 2012
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> With any luck the victims and shooter all looked like Trayvon...bigot.l
You look at a bigot every time you look in a mirror, you fat ugly trailer park Wal*mart tank top bathing beauty: pick the whiskers out of your chin.

Location hidden

#21346 Dec 12, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
DADE CITY, Fla.(AP) Authorities say
No one expects you to keep your word, Welsher.

Welsh:
"A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers"

Location hidden

#21347 Dec 12, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
And then he is invited to the White House
No one expects you to keep your word, Welsher.

Welsh:
"A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers"

Location hidden

#21348 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest obstacle Mr. Zimmerman will face is impeachment. The State will absolutely attempt to use his perjury about his initial bail against him.
The pedophile thug will not take the stand.

His attorney will not allow him to take a single step in that direction.

He has already be PROVED to be a liar and PROVED to have problems with his temper and PROVED to have a drug problem.

The pedophile will not take the stand.

Location hidden

#21349 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
I
I have no connection with this case -- I would have loved to be on either side -- but most legal scholars agree the State has a naught but a very slim chance of prevailing.
You are absolutely full of cr@p.

Most of the legal scholars- those working for the state of Florida- are already trying to come up with a plea bargain the pedophile thug to sign. It isn't a matter of if he is guilty, it is a matter of how much is he willing to sign away without going to trial.

With the best prosecutor in the state of Florida working on the case, people who know what they are talking about wouldn't say otherwise.

Especially since the state of Florida is STILL holding on to the perjury charge and jail time awaits for the lies his wife told.

Location hidden

#21350 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile thug will not take the stand.
His attorney will not allow him to take a single step in that direction.
He has already be PROVED to be a liar and PROVED to have problems with his temper and PROVED to have a drug problem.
The pedophile will not take the stand.
it is always the client's choice whether he will testify on his behalf. One's attorney can only advise the client on the risks and benefits of testifying, but ultimately, it is the client's Constitutional right to testify.

Location hidden

#21351 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the legal scholars- those working for the state of Florida- are already trying to come up with a plea bargain the pedophile thug to sign. It isn't a matter of if he is guilty, it is a matter of how much is he willing to sign away without going to trial.
With the best prosecutor in the state of Florida working on the case, people who know what they are talking about wouldn't say otherwise.
Especially since the state of Florida is STILL holding on to the perjury charge and jail time awaits for the lies his wife told.
I'm unsure how you are arriving at your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Zimmerman case, and you have made some obvious misstatements of the law. I am, of course, willing to evaluate any evidence you have to proffer in support of your statements.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21352 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm unsure how you are arriving at your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Zimmerman case, and you have made some obvious misstatements of the law. I am, of course, willing to evaluate any evidence you have to proffer in support of your statements.
He's a troll that just keeps posting the same crap over and over again. I would advise you that when you respond to him, don't take it seriously.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21353 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
it is always the client's choice whether he will testify on his behalf. One's attorney can only advise the client on the risks and benefits of testifying, but ultimately, it is the client's Constitutional right to testify.
I forget now. Did OJ testify in his double murder trial? I don't think he did. Seems like common practice in high-level cases.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

#21354 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a waste of time to attempt civil discourse with BareBrain. He is a perverted, twisted specimen, obsessed with oral sexual acts, incapable of recognizing truth, reality, or anything that doesn't fit with his preconceived notion that any black teenager who gets himself killed is the victim of racism. I suspect that he himself is a ghetto thug who fears that someday a George Zimmerman will stand up and end his life of crime.

Location hidden

#21355 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Additionally, I don't know how much experience you have with Florida's judicial system, but it is extremely rare that defendants are charged with perjury. It is possible the State will pursue Mr. Zimmerman for perjury after this case is over, but highly unlikely it will do so. Perjury is a charge most often levied against witnesses, as Mrs. Zimmerman discovered. Since Mr. Zimmerman had his initial community Release revoked, the court is likely to see that as his punishment.

Aside from being an attorney, I have 10 years law enforcement experience, and I have seen far better cases than this one lost.

Location hidden

#21356 Dec 12, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I forget now. Did OJ testify in his double murder trial? I don't think he did. Seems like common practice in high-level cases.
if Mr. Zimmerman was my client, them I would encourage him to testify. His narrative has been fairly consistent, but the State, of course, will attempt to make any discrepancies seem like mendacity. Of course, some of the State's witnesses have much more difficult problems. This issue of the raised police report will not play well for the State with a jury.

It will be a most interesting case. You can find my "tweets" about it @DillinghamLaw. As the trial approaches, I will be doing more legal analysis.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21357 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Additionally, I don't know how much experience you have with Florida's judicial system, but it is extremely rare that defendants are charged with perjury. It is possible the State will pursue Mr. Zimmerman for perjury after this case is over, but highly unlikely it will do so. Perjury is a charge most often levied against witnesses, as Mrs. Zimmerman discovered. Since Mr. Zimmerman had his initial community Release revoked, the court is likely to see that as his punishment.
Aside from being an attorney, I have 10 years law enforcement experience, and I have seen far better cases than this one lost.
I believe Shellie was charged just as a tool to intimidate George into a plea. They keep continuing her hearings and I think they will be dropped.

Now if George wins full immunity can they turn around and charge him with perjury? I hate to think they are that vindictive. He actually wasn't even questioned by the prosecution after he was on the stand and sworn in...their big mistake. George has the right to sit like a potted palm (according to Judge Lester's analogy)) and say nothing...plea his 5th.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21358 Dec 12, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
if Mr. Zimmerman was my client, them I would encourage him to testify. His narrative has been fairly consistent, but the State, of course, will attempt to make any discrepancies seem like mendacity. Of course, some of the State's witnesses have much more difficult problems. This issue of the raised police report will not play well for the State with a jury.
It will be a most interesting case. You can find my "tweets" about it @DillinghamLaw. As the trial approaches, I will be doing more legal analysis.
I belive Mark O'Mara has every intention in George testifying on his own behalf. In an immunity hearing he will have to. George comes off as a soft spoken puffalump. He just has to be careful not to say stupid things like "It was Gods Plan." that was poor judgement; I knew exactly what he meant but the Trayvon Tweeters had a ball with that. lol

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21359 Dec 12, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing is happening in Detroit and the suburbs.
The thing is housing lost value due to the housing bubble.
People said oh housing will come back to what they were worth before.
I say no they won't.
Because the Detroit transplants moved in and hosuing just dropped another $20,000.00.
Talked to one of my friends from highschool, whose mother had passed, and she had lived in the old neighborhood....he said the family would be lucky to get $25,000 for her house, and it was a nice one....Yeah, i think your right, this poor social engineering was more harmful than the housing bubble....

Location hidden

#21360 Dec 12, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Shellie was charged just as a tool to intimidate George into a plea. They keep continuing her hearings and I think they will be dropped.
Now if George wins full immunity can they turn around and charge him with perjury? I hate to think they are that vindictive. He actually wasn't even questioned by the prosecution after he was on the stand and sworn in...their big mistake. George has the right to sit like a potted palm (according to Judge Lester's analogy)) and say nothing...plea his 5th.
I believe you are asking if Mr. Zimmerman is acquitted on the primary, can the State charge him with perjury arising out of that controversy?

My answer, if that is your question, is a qualified "Yes, it is possible." Will the State do it? I doubt it. Perjury is the court's bailiwick, and while the State can seek prosecution for it, the charge is usually brought by the court ab initio (on its own accord). That said, this is a high profile case, and the State may feel very politically vindictive when this case is finished if it loses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 min Vic 97,266
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 min HELL ON EARTH 498,222
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min John Galt 1,234,295
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr The Jeej 18,153
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 4,542
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 27,270
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,142
More from around the web

Altamonte Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]