Boys' basketball: 1986 Mr. Basketball Chris Gaines dies

Chris Gaines, the state's Mr. Basketball in 1986, has died at age 42. The former Waterloo West and University of Hawaii star suffered a fatal heart attack on Christmas Day at his home in Orlando, Fla. Read more
Troy

West Des Moines, IA

#1 Dec 31, 2010
Chris Gaines is a legend from Waterloo, IA Chris was the first Mr. Basketball for Waterloo, he gave our community so much to be proud about because of the way he conducted himself on and off the court with great respect for his opponent and his respect for the game (a quiet smooth assassin) I recall watching him play and having over 20 points and I would say 20, 25, 30 plus when? Chris was about more that basketball and accolades, he was a great person always approachable and smiling. Chris I will miss you, Waterloo has lost a great man and you will never be forgotten.

Much love and respect for you,

R. I. P. Chris

Troy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min litesong 52,312
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min T-REX 494,458
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 14 min Doug77 12,268
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min USAsince1680 1,206,752
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Doug77 17,503
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Cajun Queen 71,470
The Comfort of Men Wearing Panties and Why.. (Nov '11) Mar 24 Railspike77 178
More from around the web

Altamonte Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]