Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27526 Jul 15, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW -- nearly all books listed on Amazon's website have the 'look inside' feature. Guess you never bought a book from them.
Some but not all.

Good thing this one did though.......I might have wasted $2.99.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27527 Jul 15, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
Jodi Arias update: Status conference set for Tuesday----------
•RECAP: Highlights of Jodi Arias trial
Last Updated: 4 hours and 19 minutes ago
• By: abc15.com staff, wire reports
PHOENIX - A hearing set for Tuesday morning in the Jodi Arias murder trial has been moved to 10:30 a.m., according to the Maricopa County Superior Court.
The Status Conference and Motion to Continue Trial was initially scheduled for Thursday but was moved to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday earlier this month.
The court then tweeted it was pushed back to 10:30 a.m. due to scheduling conflicts.
The judge set the retrial date for a new penalty phase, something that could take several months as attorneys put on a mini-trial of sorts to get a fresh jury up to speed on the case. Jury selection alone could take weeks.
Arias was convicted of first-degree murder on May 8 in the June 2008 death of boyfriend Travis Alexander at his Mesa home
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_...
Judge Stephen's Court Docket says it an Oral Argument being continued.

CR2008-031021 7/16/2013 10:30 Oral Argument - Continue State Of Arizona
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/...

The recent Motions filed look interesting......of course the meda will run the usual tripe for dumb-dumbs.

7/9/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition.- Party (001) 7/10/2013
NOTE: OBJECTION TO REQUEST FOR ENTRY OF NUNC PRO TUNC ORDER FOR RETENTION OF PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERTS WHO TESIFIED IN THE FIRST TRIAL AS WELL AS PROSPECTIVE ORDER FOR THOSE WHO WILL TESTIFY IN THE UPCOMING PENALTY PHASE
7/8/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition.- Party (001) 7/8/2013
NOTE: OBJECTION TO MOTION TO VACATE AGGRAVATION PHASE VERDICT PURSUANT TO RULE 24.2 ARIZONA RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
7/3/2013 MET - Motion for Extension Of Time - Party (001) 7/5/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE RESPONSE
7/2/2013 081 - ME: Trial Vacated - Party (001) 7/2/2013
6/21/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 6/25/2013
NOTE: TO VACATE AGGRAVATION PHASE VERDICT PURSUANT TO RULE 24.2 ARIZONA RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/...

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#27528 Jul 15, 2013
After watching the trial, I can't imagine even wanting to read a book about her.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27529 Jul 16, 2013
Wild About Trial - 10 minutes ago
#JodiArias hearing is set for 10:30am PT. I will be in court live tweeting. It will not be live streamed. Burger Tuesday is in effect.

Corey Rangel @CoreyABC15 - 30 minutes ago
Reminder:#JodiArias hearing pushed back 2 hours. Now scheduled to start in about 4 hours from now.#abc15

Houston, we already have a problem. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27530 Jul 16, 2013
@maryallenabc15
#jodiarias court hrng @10:30am @CoreyABC15 tweeting from court. Judge expected 2rule on Defense motion 2postpone DP re-trial to Jan 2014

What is amusing is the media can't collectively agree what today's hearing is about.

I suppose that will take awhile. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27531 Jul 16, 2013
7/2/2013 081 - ME: Trial Vacated - Party (001) 7/2/2013

ME stands for "Minute Entry"

The unrelated clerk's site that maintains the minutes has not recorded the minute entry of July 2nd, but the minutes of the June 20, status conference say this: IT IS ORDERED vacating the Trial set 7/18/2013.

The two sites are at odds with one another. Obviously the Clerk of the Court minutes posted online are different than what the Superior Court of Maricopa reports as its court filings.

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#27532 Jul 16, 2013
No matter, Rambutt. The trial is essentially over except for the parting gifts. Jodi will be gone in the minds of the public and Travis' family will begin the long process of healing regardless what the sentence is.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27533 Jul 16, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
No matter, Rambutt. The trial is essentially over except for the parting gifts. Jodi will be gone in the minds of the public and Travis' family will begin the long process of healing regardless what the sentence is.
It appears this case is prepared to tackle the poorly constructed State of Arizona criminal proceedings.
Ark Angel

Blytheville, AR

#27534 Jul 16, 2013
I am really tired of hearing people on news stations talk about the poor defense needs more time, more time.. because they had to put their lives on hold...
WELL EXCUSE ME... Travis has no life left to put on hold.. AND his family's lived have been put on hold due to a crazed maniac murder!!!
The defense has had more then 5 years to work things out in their careers and family life...
maybe they should have just planned better.
It is time to finish this debacle and get this over with.
The defense just needs to DEAL WITH IT and get on with it.
GLOOMY DAYS

Fullerton, CA

#27535 Jul 16, 2013
I also posted this on the State Thread disregarding the rule to stay on topic. LOL

Posted: 6:27 AM
Last Updated: 2 minutes ago

PHOENIX - A hearing with Jodi Arias and her attorneys lasted just three minutes Tuesday morning, as the judge set a new status conference date.

Judge Sherry Stephens said she hopes the case will go back on trial in September. For now, she has set Aug. 26 as the next court date

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_ ...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27536 Jul 16, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
I also posted this on the State Thread disregarding the rule to stay on topic. LOL
PHOENIX - A hearing with Jodi Arias and her attorneys lasted just three minutes Tuesday morning, as the judge set a new status conference date.
Judge Sherry Stephens said she hopes the case will go back on trial in September. For now, she has set Aug. 26 as the next court date
Three minutes. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27537 Jul 16, 2013
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/...

The Arizona Judicial Branch is pleased to offer Public Access to Court Case Information, a valuable online service providing a resource for information about court cases from 153 out of 180 courts in Arizona. Show unavailable courts.

Case Number: S-0700-CR-2008031021 view case minutes
Title: St of AZ Vs. Jodi Arias Category: Criminal
Court: Maricopa County Superior Filing Date: 7/9/2008
Judge: Disposition Date:
JODI ANN ARIAS DEFENDANT - D 2 Date of Birth: 07/1980
GRAND JURY Unknown -? 2 Date of Birth: 07/1980
STATE OF ARIZONA PLAINTIFF - P 1
SUE STODOLA Unknown -? 3

7/18/2013 Trial P 1
7/18/2013 Oral Argument P 1
7/18/2013 Trial D 2
7/18/2013 Oral Argument D 2
7/16/2013 Oral Argument D 2
7/16/2013 Oral Argument

Interesting what is appearing on the Arizona Supreme Court website.

Nowhere was there a three minute status conference scheduled for today, July 16th.
GLOOMY DAYS

Fullerton, CA

#27538 Jul 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/...
The Arizona Judicial Branch is pleased to offer Public Access to Court Case Information, a valuable online service providing a resource for information about court cases from 153 out of 180 courts in Arizona. Show unavailable courts.
Case Number: S-0700-CR-2008031021 view case minutes
Title: St of AZ Vs. Jodi Arias Category: Criminal
Court: Maricopa County Superior Filing Date: 7/9/2008
Judge: Disposition Date:
JODI ANN ARIAS DEFENDANT - D 2 Date of Birth: 07/1980
GRAND JURY Unknown -? 2 Date of Birth: 07/1980
STATE OF ARIZONA PLAINTIFF - P 1
SUE STODOLA Unknown -? 3
7/18/2013 Trial P 1
7/18/2013 Oral Argument P 1
7/18/2013 Trial D 2
7/18/2013 Oral Argument D 2
7/16/2013 Oral Argument D 2
7/16/2013 Oral Argument
Interesting what is appearing on the Arizona Supreme Court website.
Nowhere was there a three minute status conference scheduled for today, July 16th.
HLN got the report correct regarding that as a convicted Murderess she was wearing her felon stripes stripes-shackles & escotred in by 3 armed guards. CLANG CLANG CLINK CLINK -LOL.

You obviously missed that the original date was moved up.
Probably too busy with you Nonversations as per usual

NONversation=A completely worthless conversation, wherein nothing is illuminated, explained or otherwise elaborated upon.

Since: May 13

United States

#27539 Jul 16, 2013
Ark Angel wrote:
I am really tired of hearing people on news stations talk about the poor defense needs more time, more time.. because they had to put their lives on hold...
WELL EXCUSE ME... Travis has no life left to put on hold.. AND his family's lived have been put on hold due to a crazed maniac murder!!!
The defense has had more then 5 years to work things out in their careers and family life...
maybe they should have just planned better.
It is time to finish this debacle and get this over with.
The defense just needs to DEAL WITH IT and get on with it.
AMEN - except......sounds like Its in defense hands - whether Their secret issues can be resolved by sept.! The zimmerman judge would of had this case wrapped up........ex parte hearings in chambers are like changing underware to this judge....unheard of. Ridiculous!

“Jess kidding!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#27540 Jul 16, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
HLN got the report correct regarding that as a convicted Murderess she was wearing her felon stripes stripes-shackles & escotred in by 3 armed guards. CLANG CLANG CLINK CLINK -LOL.
NONversation=A completely worthless conversation, wherein nothing is illuminated, explained or otherwise elaborated upon.
You and Rambler have many Non-versations. You are both very good at it.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27541 Jul 16, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was reported the date was moved up, but the question is how did the Florida head court miss "the news"?

As far as the three minute hearing today, it is preposterous that the judge mulled over the start date of the trial without arguments being presented regarding the outstanding motions. It's far more likely the content of the hearing was sealed.

“Jess kidding!”

Location hidden

#27542 Jul 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was reported the date was moved up, but the question is how did the Florida head court miss "the news"?
As far as the three minute hearing today, it is preposterous that the judge mulled over the start date of the trial without arguments being presented regarding the outstanding motions. It's far more likely the content of the hearing was sealed.
You and gloo and poo. Three things would be considered waste.

“Jess kidding!”

Location hidden

#27543 Jul 17, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Mod 8 will be looking for you now. You are in big trouble now!
PuffPuffPass

Kitchener, Canada

#27546 Jul 18, 2013
hAhahaha it hasn't taken Jodi long to "shift". she's tweeting she's a little bit country now! Hahahaha maybe that's why poor Randy Travis near stroked out? How long before she finds Jesus?hahahahaha
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27547 Jul 18, 2013
ACLU raises privacy concerns about police technology tracking drivers
By Michael Martinez, CNN
updated 9:10 AM EDT, Thu July 18, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/17/us/aclu-license...

I'd speculate that if one was inclined to turn their licence plate upside down, this system would red flag the vehicle immediately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min John Galt 1,140,849
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr T-REX 489,443
The Walking Dead Walk with Grimm Fury in The Wa... 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Who 48,351
The Comfort of Men Wearing Panties and Why.. (Nov '11) Nov 15 Courtney 167
Man arrested in slaying of roommate (Mar '07) Nov 14 shaun chance 47
Like it or not, SunRail foe's fight is clever (Apr '09) Nov 1 Starrman69 60

Altamonte Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Altamonte Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Altamonte Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:26PM
How Good Is the Jaguars Pass Rush?
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
For Cutler, McCown was steadying force - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:26 PM
Charles Sims Injury: Updates on Buccaneers RB's Ankle and Return
Bleacher Report 3:59 PM
Are RGIII's Recent Struggles Correctable?
Bleacher Report 5:55 PM
Complete Preview for Jags vs. Colts