Junk man released: Junk man Alan Davi...

Junk man released: Junk man Alan Davis released from prison

There are 163 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 21, 2009, titled Junk man released: Junk man Alan Davis released from prison. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Alan Wayne Davis has junk piled in his yard and on the top of his Seminole County home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Kathy Collier

Ozark, AL

#1 May 21, 2009
I am just really happy that I don't live next door to this junk man that is awful.
SusanB

Casselberry, FL

#2 May 21, 2009
This guy is an idiot...but did he really deserve a prison sentence for having junk in his yard?
Oh come on

Lake Mary, FL

#3 May 21, 2009
Hey Alan - now that you're out, why not try being a decent neighbor? Remember, my rights end where someone else's right begin. The people living on your street have a right to live in a clean neighborhood. If you want to live in a dump - more close to the landfill. Your crappy yard, refusal to follow any rule, and repeated court room visits over something so asinine, has cost the tax payers of this county enough.
Junk Man

Winter Park, FL

#4 May 21, 2009
He is truly a rebel without a cause
Social Change Fan Club

Eddyville, KY

#5 May 21, 2009
While his junk collection is inexcusable, it's a miscarriage of justice to have sent Alan Davis to prison for this. Florida's "litter law" is intended to prosecute those who litter someone else's property, not someone who litters their own property. I suspect he had inadequate legal representation.
ESM

Clinton, MA

#6 May 21, 2009
How can it be Littering when it's his own yard???
THIS IS NOT BREAKING NEWS

Orlando, FL

#8 May 21, 2009
SusanB wrote:
This guy is an idiot...but did he really deserve a prison sentence for having junk in his yard?
Susan just google this guy. The poor neighbors had to deal with this complete idiot. I am in full agreement that your property is your property but you still can not endanger people around you. This guy does not deserve prison he needed the nut house.
Marvin from Altamonte

New York, NY

#9 May 21, 2009
I live on that block and for the past few years it's been Clean I guess... Not junk... Just a crappy looking yard. No wonder. I didnt even realie he was in jail. We'll see today when I drive home from work if he starts messing up his yard.
Mojo

Winter Park, FL

#10 May 21, 2009
koo-koo
darwin

Orlando, FL

#12 May 21, 2009
it's his property. don't see why he can't decorate as he sees fit -- especially if he is not in an HOA.

Our rights are being trampled on.
Orlando Native

Oviedo, FL

#13 May 21, 2009
He is a crazy, selfish fool who stands for nothing. I feel for his neighbors.
darwin

Orlando, FL

#14 May 21, 2009
and if you don't like being his neighbor, then you have the right to move.

sick of the thought police.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 May 21, 2009
ESM wrote:
How can it be Littering when it's his own yard???
If I recall correctly, it was more than just littering. I believe his massive pile of crap became a breeding ground for rats. And that does affect his neighbors.
oscar the grouch

Orlando, FL

#16 May 21, 2009
Stop reporting it, it's just what he wants. Tired of hearing about it as I'm sure most people are. Living in a civilized society means coexisting with others. This guy wants to be a martyr and I'm tired of hearing him whine. He wants to keep getting sent to jail so he can scream how ridiculous it is. That's why he keeps breaking probation...he does it purposely. Stop bringing this idiots story to the media...it's want he wants.
Sick of this

Tampa, FL

#17 May 21, 2009
Just move you say? How are his neighbors going sell their homes to do that. That is why there are code enforcement laws, so even with no HOA people have to keep to some sort of standard. I am all for personal freedoms, but be mindful of when your actions effect others.
darwin wrote:
and if you don't like being his neighbor, then you have the right to move.
sick of the thought police.
Fred Sanford

Satellite Beach, FL

#18 May 21, 2009
this guy is great...a man for all seasons
Mel Lanoma

Orlando, FL

#20 May 21, 2009
ALAN WAYNE DAVIS ? Why are they using all three of this guy's names ? That's a tribute we reserve for our greatest murderers, assassins, and Republicans !
NO MERCY

Winter Garden, FL

#21 May 21, 2009
Social Change Fan Club wrote:
While his junk collection is inexcusable, it's a miscarriage of justice to have sent Alan Davis to prison for this. Florida's "litter law" is intended to prosecute those who litter someone else's property, not someone who litters their own property. I suspect he had inadequate legal representation.
I suspect someone who tells a Judge where to get off in their own courtroom is as dumb as a bag of rocks. The sentence wasn't for littering it was for being stupid.
Reader

Palm Bay, FL

#22 May 21, 2009
What's this guy's address?
Fred sanford

Satellite Beach, FL

#24 May 21, 2009
Reader wrote:
What's this guy's address?
Don't bother...he thinks he's a star he loves it when people drive by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Earl 1,460,425
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 19,238
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,074
two words (Jul '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 27,918
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 13,109
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Burn Gas for Fun 62,366
Orlando police launch 'safe place' initiative f... 2 hr Charlie 1

Altamonte Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altamonte Springs Mortgages