Friend guilty of murder in Lake Brant...

Friend guilty of murder in Lake Brantley athlete's death

There are 23 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 12, 2008, titled Friend guilty of murder in Lake Brantley athlete's death. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A jury found a 19-year-old Altamonte Springs man guilty Friday of first-degree murder, concluding he betrayed one of his closest friends by staging a robbery that turned deadly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ray

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 12, 2008
A friend in need is a bloody pain in the arse.
ashley webb

Kissimmee, FL

#3 Apr 14, 2008
i have known brian harvey for a long time and i no that brian harvey should not be getting charged with first degree murder. and i think that he should just get charged for a marijuanna charge.
i no for a fact that if brian harvey knew they were going to kill mitch then he wouldnt have done it.mitch and brian were great freinds.
the charge that they sentenced brian harvey with first degree murder should not be held against him. put your self in his postion if your freind called you asking for a pound of weed and you decided to do it and when it happend and it was going on and then something goes wrong and they shot him and told you if you snitched they would kill you to .
if you just seen one of your good freinds get killed you would be scared for your life so if you would see that and you were told you were going to get killed if you told then what would you do.
and i ashley webb will stand up for brian harvey untill he is FREE like he should be . he should at least get 10 years of maybe a little longer he is gettin chared with first degree murder why?
that is the quistion.
what is that judge thinking did brian take a gun to mitches head and shoot him NO! and for steven jonson to say it was an accident that is a lie his girlfreind at the time molly cleaned up mitches brains from her car and took pictures of it and then took him out of state to run from the police. she should be getting charged with First degree murder not brian he didnt do anything but set up a drug deal that went wrong .
i belive brian harvey deserves parole and i bet if all brians freinds came to the court house and stood up for him and showed you poeple how good and sweet person brian harvey really is then you wouldnt be saying that brian is a murderer.
any quistions : [email protected]
Heather C

San Antonio, TX

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Justice is served! Facts are Facts and the Truth was spoken! No need for explanation when its right in front of you!

Mitch may you live on greatly in us all. We miss and love you deeply!
Brian

Howey In The Hills, FL

#5 Apr 15, 2008
This is what happens when people get caught up in drugs. These idiots become part of the scum of society drug culture.
It is no big mystery that you get involved in drugs bad things happen.
Peo-ple make the choice to become involved in drugs, they have to suffer the consequences that lifestyle entails.
These idiot teenagers these days walking around acting like wann-be thug gangsta morons....well you look and act like a thug, expect to be treated like one.
Former victim

Williston, FL

#6 Apr 15, 2008
Tell that to all the people he has hurt. When he was a "juvenile" he kept getting slaps on the wrist with NO consequences, just so he could continue his criminal ways and steal, rob, deal drugs, stolen property, assault and battery, weapons charges, etc. Remember his "cold killer look", these are not the action of a "nice guy." Grow up little girl, face facts. If someone dies when you are in the commission of a felony, you are GUILTY of their murder. Very clearly the jury heard during the 2nd time they played the wire tap that Brian said "we were only going to [car]jack him" That is a felony. By his own statement he damned himself. Oh, and there is the information that came out during the trial about Brian going to a party after Mitch's murder, how can you say he is a nice guy. One last thought, Mitch thought Brian was his friend and a "nice guy" and look where he is. It does not matter if he thought his life might be in danger, he caused Mitch's death, he should have manned up and done the right thing. Mitch's family deserved at least that. If he was paroled or let out< in as you say 10 years, which one of his "friends" would be next?????
Heather C wrote:
Justice is served! Facts are Facts and the Truth was spoken! No need for explanation when its right in front of you!
Mitch may you live on greatly in us all. We miss and love you deeply!
Former victim

Williston, FL

#7 Apr 15, 2008
My last post was meant for Ashly Webb, don't know how it replied to Heather C's comment.
brian

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2008
Heather C wrote:
Justice is served! Facts are Facts and the Truth was spoken! No need for explanation when its right in front of you!
Mitch may you live on greatly in us all. We miss and love you deeply!
Agreed.
Brian did not have a fair trial AT ALL. How is Molly still not locked up. She did participate in the murder. She cleaned up the mess! Oh I guess when daddy is a cop ur aloud to do that. Wow what a great justice system...
a family friend

Tallahassee, FL

#9 May 6, 2008
i totally agree with Ashley. i couldn't have said it better myself.
over it

Plano, TX

#10 May 21, 2008
WOW!!
REALLY PEOPLE YOU SHOULD DEFFINATLY NOT TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS ON OR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT...
YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELVES LOOK LIKE MORONS!!!!
(1)MOLLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER OR THE ROBBERY!!! HER BOYFRIEND JUS CAME TO HER HOUSE AFTER THE FACT.
(2)MOLLY DID NOT HELP ANYONE CLEAN OUT THE CAR!!!
(3)MOLLYS DAD IS DEFFINATLEY NOT A FUKING COP THATS TIFFANY JONES YOU MORON!!!!
(4)BRIAN DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE ROBBERY??!! YOUR DUMB DIDNT YOU HEAR THE TAPPED CONFFESSION??!!!HELLO!!
(5)THE PLAN WAS NEVER TO KILL MITCH, JUS ROB HIM!!
(6)REALLY.. MOLLY TOOK PICTURES!! DEFFINALY NOT DUMSS!!! DID YOU SEE HER TAKING THESE PICTURES?? OR SEE THE PICTURES???? DIDNT THINK SO!!
NONE OF YOU WERE THERE BEFORE OR AFTER SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR UNINFORMED COMMENTS TO YOUR SELFS YOU JUS LOOK LIKE IDIOTS...REALLY.
QUESTION FOR YOU ASHLEY, WHY SHOULD MOLLY BE CHARGED WITH MURDER AND NOT BRIAN?? MOLLY DID NOTHING!!!! AND THINK ABOUT THIS RETARD IF IT WASNT FOR BRIAN SETTING HIS "FRIEND" UP TO GET ROBBED OR AS U SAY "TO GET DRUGS" MITCH WOULD STILL BE HERE!!!!!!!HELLO!!!!! OH AND WHY DIDNT HE CALL THE POLICE???
AND IF ALL BRIANS FRIENDS CAME TO COURT AND STOOD UP FOR HIM THEY WOULD ALL LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF FOOLS!!!!
Ashley Eads

Winter Springs, FL

#11 May 31, 2008
I have known Brian Harvey since he was 14 years old and he was one of the sweetest guys that I knew. He even dated one of my best friends. I have many pictures together with him. I have never even seen him mad. He loved tattooing and wanted to do it for a living, he even did all of his own tattoos on himself. He was very sweet. I don't know what happened that day for sure only they do but Brian was never into big stuff like that. Yes he has gotten into trouble but a lot of teenagers do. Where he went wrong was that he went home and went to sleep rather than telling anyone. He was probably scared. If I am wrong then so be it, but like I said he has been nothing but great to me and everyone else we hung out with and I just hope that he will make it ok in prison. I don't think he deserves the same sentence as the person who pulled the trigger. Convictions can always be wrong. If he is innocent then I am so sorry that he will spend the rest of his life starting at age 19 in prison.
Ashley Eads

Winter Springs, FL

#12 May 31, 2008
Although I have just looked at recent pictures of him and the look on his face brings tears to my eyes because that is not what Brian used to look like. He does have a very cold look to him. I don't know if he is guilty or not...I am not religious but may God have mercy on his soul.
Friend

Cocoa Beach, FL

#13 Jul 7, 2008
Ashley, Because he is your friend doesn't mean he should get away with murder. Even though he did not pull the trigger but he was there to see it all go down and to help clean it up. Because of this he is just as guilty as the person that did pull the trigger.

If he would have backed off and ran and called the policy like honest and non guilty citizen would do then I would be on your side.

Unfortunately I knew the whole family and the mother, father and brother all have been in trouble. No wonder the poor boy has done the wrong thing. He never had a chance from the day he was born.

But the law does not give any leanantcy for bad parenting.
ashley webb wrote:
i have known brian harvey for a long time and i no that brian harvey should not be getting charged with first degree murder. and i think that he should just get charged for a marijuanna charge.
i no for a fact that if brian harvey knew they were going to kill mitch then he wouldnt have done it.mitch and brian were great freinds.
the charge that they sentenced brian harvey with first degree murder should not be held against him. put your self in his postion if your freind called you asking for a pound of weed and you decided to do it and when it happend and it was going on and then something goes wrong and they shot him and told you if you snitched they would kill you to .
if you just seen one of your good freinds get killed you would be scared for your life so if you would see that and you were told you were going to get killed if you told then what would you do.
and i ashley webb will stand up for brian harvey untill he is FREE like he should be . he should at least get 10 years of maybe a little longer he is gettin chared with first degree murder why?
that is the quistion.
what is that judge thinking did brian take a gun to mitches head and shoot him NO! and for steven jonson to say it was an accident that is a lie his girlfreind at the time molly cleaned up mitches brains from her car and took pictures of it and then took him out of state to run from the police. she should be getting charged with First degree murder not brian he didnt do anything but set up a drug deal that went wrong .
i belive brian harvey deserves parole and i bet if all brians freinds came to the court house and stood up for him and showed you poeple how good and sweet person brian harvey really is then you wouldnt be saying that brian is a murderer.
any quistions : [email protected]
Friend

Cocoa Beach, FL

#14 Jul 7, 2008
If you agree with Ashley you are just as guilty as Brian. I am sorry but you do not forgive stupidy. You can never trust anyone. Everyone has 2 sides to themselves some reveal it sooner than others. Like Brian did.

For anyone that dated Brian, in my eyes you are pretty dame lucky to be alive.
a family friend wrote:
i totally agree with Ashley. i couldn't have said it better myself.
Friend

Cocoa Beach, FL

#15 Jul 7, 2008
Over it,

I so agree with you. Kids are and always will be stupid, they don't never think they just react.

Molly has proven that she had nothing to do with this case.

I agree that people should do their research before accusing someone. This is what an unexperienced stupid teenager would do. Jump right into the water without out knowing how deep it really is.
over it wrote:
WOW!!
REALLY PEOPLE YOU SHOULD DEFFINATLY NOT TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS ON OR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT...
YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELVES LOOK LIKE MORONS!!!!
(1)MOLLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER OR THE ROBBERY!!! HER BOYFRIEND JUS CAME TO HER HOUSE AFTER THE FACT.
(2)MOLLY DID NOT HELP ANYONE CLEAN OUT THE CAR!!!
(3)MOLLYS DAD IS DEFFINATLEY NOT A FUKING COP THATS TIFFANY JONES YOU MORON!!!!
(4)BRIAN DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE ROBBERY??!! YOUR DUMB DIDNT YOU HEAR THE TAPPED CONFFESSION??!!!HELLO!!
(5)THE PLAN WAS NEVER TO KILL MITCH, JUS ROB HIM!!
(6)REALLY.. MOLLY TOOK PICTURES!! DEFFINALY NOT DUMSS!!! DID YOU SEE HER TAKING THESE PICTURES?? OR SEE THE PICTURES???? DIDNT THINK SO!!
NONE OF YOU WERE THERE BEFORE OR AFTER SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR UNINFORMED COMMENTS TO YOUR SELFS YOU JUS LOOK LIKE IDIOTS...REALLY.
QUESTION FOR YOU ASHLEY, WHY SHOULD MOLLY BE CHARGED WITH MURDER AND NOT BRIAN?? MOLLY DID NOTHING!!!! AND THINK ABOUT THIS RETARD IF IT WASNT FOR BRIAN SETTING HIS "FRIEND" UP TO GET ROBBED OR AS U SAY "TO GET DRUGS" MITCH WOULD STILL BE HERE!!!!!!!HELLO!!!!! OH AND WHY DIDNT HE CALL THE POLICE???
AND IF ALL BRIANS FRIENDS CAME TO COURT AND STOOD UP FOR HIM THEY WOULD ALL LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF FOOLS!!!!
Hillary

Lake Worth, FL

#16 Jul 7, 2008
ashley webb wrote:
i have known brian harvey for a long time and i no that brian harvey should not be getting charged with first degree murder. and i think that he should just get charged for a marijuanna charge.
i no for a fact that if brian harvey knew they were going to kill mitch then he wouldnt have done it.mitch and brian were great freinds.
the charge that they sentenced brian harvey with first degree murder should not be held against him. put your self in his postion if your freind called you asking for a pound of weed and you decided to do it and when it happend and it was going on and then something goes wrong and they shot him and told you if you snitched they would kill you to .
if you just seen one of your good freinds get killed you would be scared for your life so if you would see that and you were told you were going to get killed if you told then what would you do.
and i ashley webb will stand up for brian harvey untill he is FREE like he should be . he should at least get 10 years of maybe a little longer he is gettin chared with first degree murder why?
that is the quistion.
what is that judge thinking did brian take a gun to mitches head and shoot him NO! and for steven jonson to say it was an accident that is a lie his girlfreind at the time molly cleaned up mitches brains from her car and took pictures of it and then took him out of state to run from the police. she should be getting charged with First degree murder not brian he didnt do anything but set up a drug deal that went wrong .
i belive brian harvey deserves parole and i bet if all brians freinds came to the court house and stood up for him and showed you poeple how good and sweet person brian harvey really is then you wouldnt be saying that brian is a murderer.
any quistions : [email protected]
You need to pay a little more attention in English class stupid, You spell it "know", not "no". You are either a moron, or a black
Mr Anonymous

Okeechobee, FL

#17 Jul 28, 2008
I knew Brian briefly and yeah he was a good guy, Ashley. At least he seemed to be but obviously wasn't.

He admitted himself that he set his friend up to be robbed (which means he's not too good of a friend). The law says very clearly that if someone is killed while you are commiting a felony you are guilty of murdering them. Well Brian did set Mitch up to get robbed (felony) and even though he didn't know the other guy was gonna kill Mitch he is still guilty for murder because he set up the robbery.

I agree that he probably doesn't deserve life when there are people who have actually pulled the trigger and received less of a sentence. I don't think Brian Harvey would do what he did again but at the same time he is absolutely guilty the way the law is written.
Choo Choo

United States

#18 Jul 29, 2008
This is a great way to clean out the gene pool.
a friend

Destin, FL

#20 Nov 26, 2008
actually, you're an idiot "mr anonymous." Brian never admitted to setting Mitch up to be robbed. Do some research before you decide to post stuff about how shitty of a friend he was.
GEmma Kirby

Satellite Beach, FL

#21 Dec 14, 2008
Did you even know him? You have no right in saying all this crap when you dont know what he was like. He was trying to get his life sorted out and this was a mistake!
silvia

Port Orange, FL

#22 Aug 30, 2010
I had Brian in my my math when attending Lake Brantley High School. Brian was and is a great guy and I don't believe he did anything wrong. He loved tattooing and Mitch and Brain were pretty good friends. It was a deal that went wrong and, justice needs to be served!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min nanoanomaly 1,419,730
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Not Documented 61,059
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Notliz 513,479
loan shark (Dec '11) 6 hr Carsmartguy 33
Advice Please 10 hr Jamie 4
Terantulas fight spiders at 400 Marker St. Jul '16 Hot blonde 18 1
News Shannon Burke, radio personality, still jailed ... (May '09) Jul '16 StreamingGuide 110

Altamonte Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altamonte Springs Mortgages