How do you tell a woman that her boyfriend is going to dump her?

Posted in the Altamonte Springs Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

It would be less painful if one of her sisters told her but I'm not her sister and she wouldn't take the advice from me.

Since: Feb 12

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Tell the man or woman that is getting dumped, STRAIGHT with no chaser. Prolonging it only causes all sorts of begging by the person that is getting dumped.

Relationships are seldom completely matched and even and as relationships grow or continue, they ebb and flow. If one of the parties is completely unsatisfied, it will never balance out anyway. The only thing you're avoiding is "when" the dumping will happen not that it will happen - that's already been decided.

Often, the person being dumped then goes out on the limb by begging and offering even more lopsidedness in order to keep the relationship going.

It puts the person being dumped in an even worse situation because once that attempted dumping has occurred, whether the couple stays together or not, the person doing the dumping loses all respect for the person being dumped.

Heartbreaking to watch but like pulling a bandaid - straight, fast and quick is the best solution.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Well he beat us to the punch. I thought i might even mention it to her sister in passing (since i've met her sister) but i didn't because her family could possibly make her life a living hell so i kept quiet. Family members too often feel entitled to make a relative miserable simply because they are related.

My sister just called me to say that her husband just ended it. Then my brother in laws girlfriend's sister just called me to ask if i knew why he broke it off with her sister.

I respectfully explained that my sister is not his exwife; that she is his actual wife. I told her that they have been married almost 30 years and that while he'll take a lover from time to time that he won:t divorce her because they both like things exactly as they are. They equally enjoy the marriage tax breaks without having to live with one another.
hisrealwife wrote:
It would be less painful if one of her sisters told her but I'm not her sister and she wouldn't take the advice from me.
Wow what a soap opera

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Lots of people are staying married and splitting the house and the expenses instead of each paying separate housing. That happily divorced show with fran drescher isn't unusual. It's happening all over the country.
It happened to my sister

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

For any single women out there meeting men from online dating sites, please read what the men post carefully because it is usually the truth.

Women like to read online profiles and extract from it what they like and choose to ignore the rest.

If a man has made it all the way to his sixties and he's never married anyone, there is something to that. Don't ignore it. Especially if the man is fairly good looking, works out like an athlete, has money and has never been to jail.

If all of these things are true and he's not gay but has never married - something is terribly wrong. This is usually not a choice for men that age.

Women wouldn't keep walking away from a man like that unless he's leaving out a really important point, like "he already has a woman that he sleeps with regularly". Why should he ruin a good thing?

No "new" woman will really ever please him because he already has a f*ck buddy. A new date means wining and dining. A regular woman means he has available sex he can count on and she probably cooks for him, cleans his house and does his laundry.

Wake up and read between the lines. I told my sis to look at this about the guy she met online who told her he was seeing other women and that he had a regular girlfriend. What does my sister do? She starts competing with his girlfriend. He actually dumped my sister and told her he was going back to his old girlfriend (yeah - like he ever left her in the first place). He was sleeping with both of them all along and he told her so but my sister is stubborn and competitive and has to learn everything the hard way.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altamonte Springs Discussions

Search the Altamonte Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 4 min Honest Babe 11,840
3 word game (Jan '11) 6 min Honest Babe 13,303
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min sonicfilter 1,033,121
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 50 min Princess Hey 16,912
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,793
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,378
The alphabet (Jun '06) 1 hr Princess Hey 883
•••
•••