Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Hutchinson, KS

#68130 Jan 23, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
UH OH! This sounds scary. Did he want to try more shots?
Let us know what happened. K?
Hope your weather is still nice. Do you think the weather being nicer has helped your pain to let up?
I forgot to say Good Morning.
Good Morning Everyone.
I haven't really noticed the weather making a difference. It has been (eerily) nice here, some cold days, like 32 degrees today.
My cousin swears that when a front in moving in is when her pain starts and once the front arrives, she feels a great deal of relief.

Tomorrow I have hand therapy then hydro. The hand therapist told me to bring the card I want to write to Jason and work on it there. I am taking several because I know I will ruin some of them. My brain knows exactly how to make the letter, but my hand will do its own thing. The night I sighed the contract for the tub, I struggled so much over writing my own name and had to pause a couple of times. I'm sure the sales rep thought I didn't know how to spell my name.

I still haven't heard from the electrician about wiring for the tub. ALso--I am going through buyers remorse right now.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#68132 Jan 24, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lady! I just now saw your posts. The one ahead of mine wasn't there when I posted earlier this morning.
We need a picture of you in your cold weather loveliness. I am in fleece pjs with Christmas ornaments on them, and my white robe.
I just read in the paper that the school GS goes to has raised $3,000.00 for Jason and the local school is raising money, also.They are planning to get some ideas from all the kids, run them through student council, and do a bunch of fund raisers, including a baseball tournament. Jason's mom is unemployed and his dad is disabled.
Mornin Murphy girl!

The way the school and community jump into to help is wonderful!

Your jammies sound like one of a kind,......
most people just pack the ornaments away with the Christmas tree!.....
@@!
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#68133 Jan 24, 2013
beatnick wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Murph-I hope the knee injection helps you a lot.
Marley-Give Bear an apron so he really gets the message to help out. You're doing a good job of keeping warm.
Jean-We've been cold (not quite as bad as the plains states or the NE) but are due to return to our daily drizzle of rain very soon. At least the stagnant air warnings are over!
It was about 3:30 when I gave up trying to sleep and put the coffee on. The moon is shining so bright on the snow that you would think it is starting to get daylight. Very tranquil.

Below freezing temps. in our forecast, and drizzle and rain in yours,...we sure get our share of sunless days don't we?
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#68134 Jan 24, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't really noticed the weather making a difference. It has been (eerily) nice here, some cold days, like 32 degrees today.
My cousin swears that when a front in moving in is when her pain starts and once the front arrives, she feels a great deal of relief.
Tomorrow I have hand therapy then hydro. The hand therapist told me to bring the card I want to write to Jason and work on it there. I am taking several because I know I will ruin some of them. My brain knows exactly how to make the letter, but my hand will do its own thing. The night I sighed the contract for the tub, I struggled so much over writing my own name and had to pause a couple of times. I'm sure the sales rep thought I didn't know how to spell my name.
I still haven't heard from the electrician about wiring for the tub. ALso--I am going through buyers remorse right now.
Have they given your hands the paraffin wax treatment?
I think you probably have seen how they do them.

Try not to be anxious about your new tub. It should help you be independent, and be able to enjoy bathing again.
No negative thoughts.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#68135 Jan 24, 2013
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
That is cold!
No, someone else got it.
Oh, crud. You both must be so disappointed.
Only thing she can do is keep trying. I wish her lots of luck.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#68136 Jan 24, 2013
Shani!....speaking of tubs,....
What happens to your hot tub now that the mice ruined the wiring? Are you going to have it repaired?
Where have you been girlie?
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68137 Jan 24, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about 3:30 when I gave up trying to sleep and put the coffee on. The moon is shining so bright on the snow that you would think it is starting to get daylight. Very tranquil.
Below freezing temps. in our forecast, and drizzle and rain in yours,...we sure get our share of sunless days don't we?
There's nothing like walking in the snow bathed in the light of the full moon.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68138 Jan 24, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, crud. You both must be so disappointed.
Only thing she can do is keep trying. I wish her lots of luck.
Finding a job IS a job!
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68139 Jan 24, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they given your hands the paraffin wax treatment?
I think you probably have seen how they do them.
Try not to be anxious about your new tub. It should help you be independent, and be able to enjoy bathing again.
No negative thoughts.
Paraffin wax is so smoothing and soothing, great idea!
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68140 Jan 24, 2013
Good morning everyone

The mailman came to my door yesterday and said his feet were wet. I looked, and he had boots on. Back to the daily drizzle of rain!
Murph

United States

#68141 Jan 24, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
It sounds like all of you are getting your share of wet and cold. Ours hasn't hit yet. I dread it.
Marley--yes, they always start my hand therapy with the hot wax treatment. I need to get out my hot wax tub, but not sure where to put it.
Since this stuff hit my shoulders, I can't reach into the cabinet to get stuff. My friend has, on my kitchen counter, my vinegar, honey in a cup because I can't squeeze the bottle, vitamin D, etc. It is pretty. I expect Better Homes and Gardens will be wanting to photograph.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68142 Jan 24, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
It sounds like all of you are getting your share of wet and cold. Ours hasn't hit yet. I dread it.
Marley--yes, they always start my hand therapy with the hot wax treatment. I need to get out my hot wax tub, but not sure where to put it.
Since this stuff hit my shoulders, I can't reach into the cabinet to get stuff. My friend has, on my kitchen counter, my vinegar, honey in a cup because I can't squeeze the bottle, vitamin D, etc. It is pretty. I expect Better Homes and Gardens will be wanting to photograph.
If you had gin with white raisins on the counter, they'd photograph it for sure!
Murph

United States

#68143 Jan 24, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had gin with white raisins on the counter, they'd photograph it for sure!
Heehee--I could get my whole "healing" array out on the counter. The raisons in gin, the (expensive) wine, the Ben Gay, Sports Creme, Salon Pas, Blue Stuff, pain patches, heat patches, etc., etc and call it "Grandma's Kitchen".
Murph

United States

#68144 Jan 24, 2013
Amen.

Amen.

Amen.
Murph

Hartford, KS

#68146 Jan 25, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is good.
t is pretty and sunny here. Thank God, so ar, we have escaped the cold.
The electricians are here working right now. One of them is a woman.
Murph

United States

#68147 Jan 25, 2013
Electricians are finished. My friend is about done running errands--she just called and said there is not a bottle of Maalox to be found in Any of the stores.
I felt more comfortable getting in and out of the bath tub, knowing that if I fell and broke something she would be back before long.(I pray for Jesus to take me home, but I Really don't want it to be bare-azzed on the bathroom floor0.

And Still Ain't Nobody Talkin' To Me!
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#68148 Jan 25, 2013
Good morning. I am so thankful for your friend, Murph.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#68149 Jan 25, 2013
Marley wrote:
Shani!....speaking of tubs,....
What happens to your hot tub now that the mice ruined the wiring? Are you going to have it repaired?
Where have you been girlie?
Hi everyone. I have been off for a few days. My hand has been hurting. It has really warmed up today, hopefully that will help.

I guess it will just sit there for a while.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#68150 Jan 25, 2013
Murph wrote:
Electricians are finished. My friend is about done running errands--she just called and said there is not a bottle of Maalox to be found in Any of the stores.
I felt more comfortable getting in and out of the bath tub, knowing that if I fell and broke something she would be back before long.(I pray for Jesus to take me home, but I Really don't want it to be bare-azzed on the bathroom floor0.
And Still Ain't Nobody Talkin' To Me!
I Called you Tuesday.
Murph

United States

#68151 Jan 25, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
<quoted text>Hi everyone. I have been off for a few days. My hand has been hurting. It has really warmed up today, hopefully that will help.
I guess it will just sit there for a while.
Sorry about your hand, Gaye. I hope it gets better.

((Jean)) That woman gon stand here and Tell me how much I could pay her for all the running around she does for me! I told her, Humer me. I'm Old. PLUS--she brought me banana bread again And goulash!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min John Galt 1,417,190
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Tzu 513,457
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 60,993
Hot girl named Sara 2 hr James 3
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 5 hr Rose_NoHo 194
two words (Jul '10) 11 hr CJ Rocker 27,860
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 11 hr CJ Rocker 13,079

Altamonte Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altamonte Springs Mortgages