beatnick

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

That poor man is so full of grief, even work doesn't provide him much relief. I wish him comfort in his great loss.

“tell it to the sock”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
The boss-man is the son of a friend. He was telling me that he had recently lost his 'lady.' He said she had a sudden stroke and died. I could tell this was a man who was hurting Very Badly.
He told mme she was the most wonderful person he had ever known. He said, "Usually when I have a great loss, it is due to my own stupidity, but I didn't do anything to have to hurt this badly."
I feel so sorry for him. He said, "People tell me to get on with my life." I AM getting on with my life. I get up and go to work every day, just like my world hasn't ended."
That's very sad. You just never know when you interact with someone, what's going on in their lives. A good reason to treat everyone with kindness (unless they dictate otherwise).

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

beatnick wrote:
That poor man is so full of grief, even work doesn't provide him much relief. I wish him comfort in his great loss.
Morning, Beat. I hope you went back to bed yesterday and got some sleep. I must admit, I was a tad bit jealous when I read that. lol Most days I want to go back to bed.

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Morning, allbodies.

Well, it's Saturday. It's a three day weekend. And I have to go to work for a couple of hours. This really sucks. Big time! The only word I can think of for work is frantic!

Have a great day allbodies. I hope to be back this evening.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

snarky wrote:
Morning, allbodies.
Well, it's Saturday. It's a three day weekend. And I have to go to work for a couple of hours. This really sucks. Big time! The only word I can think of for work is frantic!
Have a great day allbodies. I hope to be back this evening.
I hope your work day goes by fast.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope your work day goes by fast.
Good Morning Beat, Snarky, and all.

This is a blast from the past for you Beatnick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Gosh, look how young those guys were.

Snarky, Have a good day in spite of it all.

I got good news and bad news this morning.
Our commode has been having flushing fits every now and again so I called the plumber to snake the drains. The bad news is the pump in the big underground tank has burned out. It's about 21 years old. Yikes! That is an expense I wasn't counting on!(That's the bad news) The good news is, I located a fella who has excellent word of mouth references, to bring in 24 ton of gravel Limestone) for our driveway. He will also bring his skidloader in to spread the gravel evenly, and neatly. Yippeeee! The price he gave us is 400.00 less than we were thinking it would be! Happy dance!
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
The boss-man is the son of a friend. He was telling me that he had recently lost his 'lady.' He said she had a sudden stroke and died. I could tell this was a man who was hurting Very Badly.
He told mme she was the most wonderful person he had ever known. He said, "Usually when I have a great loss, it is due to my own stupidity, but I didn't do anything to have to hurt this badly."
I feel so sorry for him. He said, "People tell me to get on with my life." I AM getting on with my life. I get up and go to work every day, just like my world hasn't ended."
Sad.

Reading that gives me that empty "Home Sick" feeling. The kind you get when you miss your loved ones so much.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Not busy and noisy yet, although I did have a new water heater installed today. The guy just asked if he could move my car so they could come and go through the garage and not disturb me. I was All for that!
Geez Murph,

Sounds like my house with all the "MUST DO" projects to maintain the upkeep of the place.

I found a place that will put good old fashioned heavy aluminum screen in our 3 big windows and two patio doors for only 110 dollars + tax. I asked for the senoir citizen discount! Tho the word senoir,...caught in my throat a bit! Haha.( I went in to check out their work) Now I can have my windows open in time to hear the spring peepers lullaby. Plus these screens should last for years and years. Not like the plastic of nylon screen that came in them when new.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Good morning, Snarky and Beatnick and Allbodies.
I hope you have a great dya.
Sorry work is so frantic right now, Snarky. I hope it will settle down soon.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

We have bright SUNSHINE today! It would put a spring in my step if my darn feet didn't hurt.

I am such a chicken(....!) I just couldn't make myself go for that second shot. I know, I'm an awful wimp.
But I called the Chiropracter, and he said they could do some ultrasound treatments that might make the flare up subside. I went yesterday for the first treatment, I think it helped a little. I go again on Monday.
Meantime, I've never treated my feet so good!
Soaking them in nice warm water, Giving them a nice castor oil massage, and propping them up on pillows. Only thing missing is the bon bons, and tiara! hahaha
beatnick

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Beat, Snarky, and all.
This is a blast from the past for you Beatnick!
Gosh, look how young those guys were.
Snarky, Have a good day in spite of it all.
I got good news and bad news this morning.
Our commode has been having flushing fits every now and again so I called the plumber to snake the drains. The bad news is the pump in the big underground tank has burned out. It's about 21 years old. Yikes! That is an expense I wasn't counting on!(That's the bad news) The good news is, I located a fella who has excellent word of mouth references, to bring in 24 ton of gravel Limestone) for our driveway. He will also bring his skidloader in to spread the gravel evenly, and neatly. Yippeeee! The price he gave us is 400.00 less than we were thinking it would be! Happy dance!
Hahahaha Maynard G. Krebs-an original beatnik.
Home ownership sure has its goods and bads.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
Good morning, Snarky and Beatnick and Allbodies.
I hope you have a great dya.
Sorry work is so frantic right now, Snarky. I hope it will settle down soon.
You have a great day too Murph, Marley, snarky, and everyone.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Shout ou to Tribe,
I'm glad to see that you are back. You were missed.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
She told me that the first couple of times, I might be tired and achey afterward. I was a little tired and had a Bad charley horse this morning.
They guarantee that the tub wil be installed within 6 weeks. "We like to under-promise and over-deliver." A woman from the company called yesterday and said their electrician would be calling today or Monday to schedule. He will be here approximately 4 hours!!!
This should make your baths worry free and relaxing! If I ever get those Bon Bons I'll send you some!!
:)
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

((((Jeanie Bean)))))

This ones for you!

:)
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hey there Ellie Mae!

When it gets rainy and cold, keep a heating pad nearby to wrap around your hand.
Has the rain stopped?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Marley wrote:
We have bright SUNSHINE today! It would put a spring in my step if my darn feet didn't hurt.
I am such a chicken(....!) I just couldn't make myself go for that second shot. I know, I'm an awful wimp.
But I called the Chiropracter, and he said they could do some ultrasound treatments that might make the flare up subside. I went yesterday for the first treatment, I think it helped a little. I go again on Monday.
Meantime, I've never treated my feet so good!
Soaking them in nice warm water, Giving them a nice castor oil massage, and propping them up on pillows. Only thing missing is the bon bons, and tiara! hahaha
I loaded ol' Clyde up with bon-bons and a tiara. I told him to go Fast. Clyde doesn't really go very fast, ever, and he will probably eat most of the bon-bons on the way (even though I packed him some shredded wheat). At least you will have your tiara.

I know what you mean about keeping the place up. Always Something. I am glad you found such a good price on the gravel and grading.
Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Marley

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Song about Alice.
A girlfriend for Clyde?
My nieces are a hoot when they sing this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Altamonte Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Altamonte Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••