Man arrested in slaying of roommate

Man arrested in slaying of roommate

There are 47 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Man arrested in slaying of roommate. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An Altamonte Springs man was arrested Wednesday night, accused of killing his roommate, who was found dead in their apartment several hours earlier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Me From SC

AOL

#44 Aug 5, 2008
Angel wrote:
Who do you think you are to be calling Elkan all these names? Are angry, hateful words the limit of your vocabulary? I new both Elkan and Mark, and just like Mark was agood person, so is Elkan. Elkan is not the person that would do such a horrible thing to anyone. Furthermore Elkan is not a leach, a bum, nor a good for nothing. He has always worked hard for the best and just like Mark, he helped others out. But then there's always haters, like you. Do you mean that Mark refferred or recommended him to the job? Elkan is an intelligent person who is capable of sitting in an interview and articulating well enough to GET himself a job; and for your info Elkan left a job to work at PRC for AX. So get your shit straight. <quoted text>
My dear Angel,

I am not a hater, I know that Mark got Elkan a job where he worked, he let Elkan move into his apartment when his mother out him out, he let him use his cell phone to call his "honeys" as Elkan put it, he let Elkan eat his food, he gave Elkan a ride to work everyday, he gave Elkan a ride to the gym, the recording studio, and anywhere else that leaching bum wanted to go. He co-signed for Elkan to either get his own apartment or upgrade their apartment(because Elkan's credit was jacked up). He went the extra mile for a so-called friend. Elkan is an intelligent person, now he can sit in prison for the rest of his life and be intelligent, but STUPID. He MURDERED Mark because he couldn't leach anymore.Then tried to blame it on one of his friends. My shit is atraight, I know the facts. Since you care about Elkan so much you can go visit him in prison and take him cigarettes, since Mark is not here for him to leach off of anymore, maybe he can leach off of YOU.
Gully Mommy

Frederick, MD

#45 Aug 5, 2008
To Me from SC I apologize for upsetting you but I really wanted to know what the motive was for this tragedy. Yes, being on the outside of it makes me see things differently. I kept watching video feeds on the initial reports. It appeared fake to me because there was never any mention of his motive.
I recalled the sketchy accounts from witnesses. They differed extremely which led me to believe there were several people involved. Being a mom I would want to ensure that the gunshot residue was a match and not just that it was found on his clothing and shoe. He could argue he went to the range or something like alot of us do and wear the same thing repeatedly. What does he say about the argument with the victim and how it escalated to this? Did you talk to him or make a statement at the trial about how you feel? I pray you did release some of the pain by getting it off of your chest.
Me From SC

AOL

#46 Aug 5, 2008
Gully Mommy wrote:
To Me from SC I apologize for upsetting you but I really wanted to know what the motive was for this tragedy. Yes, being on the outside of it makes me see things differently. I kept watching video feeds on the initial reports. It appeared fake to me because there was never any mention of his motive.
I recalled the sketchy accounts from witnesses. They differed extremely which led me to believe there were several people involved. Being a mom I would want to ensure that the gunshot residue was a match and not just that it was found on his clothing and shoe. He could argue he went to the range or something like alot of us do and wear the same thing repeatedly. What does he say about the argument with the victim and how it escalated to this? Did you talk to him or make a statement at the trial about how you feel? I pray you did release some of the pain by getting it off of your chest.
To Gully Mommy,
I am deeply upset about the things that I am reading. Like I said before, they did a thorough investigation. The trial lasted 5 1/2 days. Those that cared so much about Elkan and wanted to know the truth should have been there to see the real Elkan. There were expert witnesses from out of town where the evidence was sent to be analyzed. The point about the shooting range came up too. But Elkan said himself in the interview that he wasn't in the shooting range for quite some time before the murder. Listen I could go on for days telling everyone that wasn't there what happened. The bottom line is the fact that Elkan did it. I know Elkan also, I've had meals with him, he knows Mark's little sisters and brother, we all had dinner together when we visited Orlando. My first reaction was that Elkan didn't do it also, but he did. Not only did he MURDER one of his friends. He turned around and dragged another of his friends into it. That guy was in his bed resting for a job interview the next day. Now he is facing Grand Theft Auto charges because Elkan got him involved with trying to clean up Mark's car. Not only did he MURDER Mark with his own gun that he had for protection.(He broke into the security box that Mark kept his gun in), he took his gun, his cell phone, his computer and his car. NOW you tell me if Elkan is a good dude.
chan from nc

Goldsboro, NC

#47 Jan 12, 2009
I know we all miss Marc and hope that someday, when my life on earth is over, I can see him again, because he was a true ray of sunshine. God please help your family as I'm sure everyday is still a struggle. This was a senseless tragedy involving one of the nicest people I've ever known.
Mark

Webster, NY

#48 Feb 6, 2010
It has been some years now and the pain in my heart is still there Mark was a man of dignity and respect I learned allot form him and miss him very much you will never be replaced in my heart.
Karrianne Jenkins

Columbia, SC

#49 Jun 7, 2011
Although years have passed Mark is stilled Missed.
shaun chance

Orlando, FL

#50 Nov 14, 2014
Thats my uncle and i know that he would never do that to mark .. mark was his friend, honestly i dont know what happened, but he would never come to that conclusion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Julia 1,547,876
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Into The Night 63,844
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Mary NY 513,189
The Inspirational Millionaire - An Orlando Risi... Thu Inspirationalmill... 1
Rising star in the Luxury - High End Market Thu Inspirationalmill... 1
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Wed Frankie Rizzo 1,096
Ursula Sunshine Assaid (Aug '11) Jun 18 Kelli Bell Bono 22

Altamonte Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altamonte Springs Mortgages