Ex-salesman sues, saying boss was biased

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

For five years, according to Cyrus Nowia-Pahlavi, he was one of the top salesmen at two Orlando-area Havertys furniture stores.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PRETTY BLK

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

AS A WIFE OF A HAVERTY'S EMPLOYEE, I AM OUTRAGE AT THE ACTIONS OF THE SUPERIORS; HOWEVER, I AM NOT SURPRISED! I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT HAVERTY'S WAS A "GOOD OLE BOY" COMPANY.
MY HUSBAND ALSO HAD AN ISSUE WITH HAVERTY'S HOWEVER, HE NEVER PURSUED THE ISSUE AS I ASVISED HIM.
CYRUS, I WISH YOU LUCK IN THIS CASE AND I HOPE THAT JUSTICE PREVAILS!
MOTHEROF3

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

SO WHAT IF HE DIDN'T CHANGE HIS NAME AND HE WAS GIVEN THAT NAME AT BIRTH?WHAT DOES A NAME HAVE TO DO WITH THE WAY A PERSON IS TREATED? DARN SOUTHERN MENTALITY! IGNORANCE BREEDS IGNORANCE
MOTHEROF3

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

JUST BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES DO IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT! DO THEY CALL YOU WETBACK OR ANYOTHER RACIALLY CHARGED NAMES? EVERY PERSON IS AFFECTED DIFFERENTLY. EACH PERSON HAS THE RIGHT!!!! YES RIGHT TO A HARASSMENT FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT...HEY READ UP ON THAT. UMMMM...DID YOU NOT READ THAT HE MAKES 70K PER YEAR....I THINK HE'S OK. BESIDES, HE WANTS TO GO BACK TO WORK....GO FIGURE. WITH HAVERTY'S! SO I THINK HE WANT'S HIS JOB BACK AND TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT....WOULDN'T YOU?.. BUT OF COURSE NOT YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES DO IT..
Barbara

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Anyone else see a coincidence in the fact he got offended about 5 years of comments AFTER he was unable to get his prize money? That just screams 'money hungry'. If he was so offended he should have asked his coworkers and superiors to stop, why would he want his job back at a place that treated him badly?
Bibi

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

If this truly happened it is wrong. No one should have to put up with this if the kidding and joking is not mutual. Unfortunately, the climate in this country lends itself to skepticism and also frivolous lawsuits. Perhaps it would be best for both parties if this was not in the paper. It is doubtful that the real truth will ever be known.
Jamal

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

MOTHEROF3 wrote:
JUST BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES DO IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT! DO THEY CALL YOU WETBACK OR ANYOTHER RACIALLY CHARGED NAMES? EVERY PERSON IS AFFECTED DIFFERENTLY. EACH PERSON HAS THE RIGHT!!!! YES RIGHT TO A HARASSMENT FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT...HEY READ UP ON THAT. UMMMM...DID YOU NOT READ THAT HE MAKES 70K PER YEAR....I THINK HE'S OK. BESIDES, HE WANTS TO GO BACK TO WORK....GO FIGURE. WITH HAVERTY'S! SO I THINK HE WANT'S HIS JOB BACK AND TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT....WOULDN'T YOU?.. BUT OF COURSE NOT YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES DO IT..
Man...you sound really racist. Makes me not so proud to be a Black Man. Get off your high horse and try to look at this objectively. Also, CAPS look like you're yelling. Then again....maybe you can't control your emotions so you have to yell.
Balt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

PRETTY BLK wrote:
AS A WIFE OF A HAVERTY'S EMPLOYEE, I AM OUTRAGE AT THE ACTIONS OF THE SUPERIORS; HOWEVER, I AM NOT SURPRISED! I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT HAVERTY'S WAS A "GOOD OLE BOY" COMPANY.
MY HUSBAND ALSO HAD AN ISSUE WITH HAVERTY'S HOWEVER, HE NEVER PURSUED THE ISSUE AS I ASVISED HIM.
CYRUS, I WISH YOU LUCK IN THIS CASE AND I HOPE THAT JUSTICE PREVAILS!
There is a button on your keyboard labeled "Caps Lock". Please do us a favor and press it before you post again.
Cousin Elmo

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Carlos wrote:
I think it is only alleged that anyone called him "camel jockey" and so what if they did? Why does everyone have to play the "offended" card?
I am Cuban. I get kidded about it all of the time and I kid back to my buddies(one is Black, two are White)
and we do work together.
Its no big deal. This "victim" is just looking for a quick buck.
But what if they were not kidding? Would you be okay with people calling you any of the hispanic slurs? These people were not his friends and were trying to make his life hard because he aligns himself with Islam. I hope he wins his suit against these bigots.
Neocons are traitors

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a liberal, you idiot. I don't believe in "victims", don't want illegals, hate CAIR, hate liberals, tolerate Bush and his liberal views on immigration, and think that we're screwed if Obama, Hillary or Edwards get elected.(A Hillary/Obama ticket guarantees that we put a red star in the middle of our flag.
I'm saying that this piece of crap shouldn't be whining because a few people called him (allegedly) a camel jockey. Big whoop.
I would apologize for the redneck thing but I talked to your wife and she mentioned your "soft side"...though she called it a soft something else.
I do admit the idiot part, though.
Only POC I see here is you. Another neocon wh#re on her knees for bush.
Oliver

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Neocons are traitors wrote:
<quoted text>
Only POC I see here is you. Another neocon wh#re on her knees for bush.
Dude, you are so lame! Try to get some new material and BTW, the neocon term went out with 2006. Loses impact when you call everyone who doesn't agree with you, one.
Of course, you're on your knees for Ewards, Obama or Charlie Wrangle...not Hillary, she's a she.
Janice F

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

wow, all of the comments become polically fueled, go to a polical forum if you want to talk about that, this is an article about a nonpolitical issue.
Cousin Elmo wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if they were not kidding? Would you be okay with people calling you any of the hispanic slurs? These people were not his friends and were trying to make his life hard because he aligns himself with Islam. I hope he wins his suit against these bigots.
The article didnt specify religion or even mention islam, how do you know he aligns himself with them, just because hes from some orfanage in Iran? Do all babies adopted from Asia turn Buddist once they are grown?
This guy sounds whiny, why is his income relevant to the lawsuit the artcles about anyway? poor guy makes 70k a year, way above average especially for a minority. why is his book deal relevant? sounds financially fueled and this article a mode to publicize himself, not promote the lawsuit, he saw an opportunity to be 'offended' to his financial gain which seems to be the new 'american way'.
Neocons are traitors

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Oliver wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you are so lame! Try to get some new material and BTW, the neocon term went out with 2006. Loses impact when you call everyone who doesn't agree with you, one.
Of course, you're on your knees for Ewards, Obama or Charlie Wrangle...not Hillary, she's a she.
STFU a#shole. You neocon b#ttwipes are ruining this country. Learn to spell you whiny POS. Only one on his knees is you for your old man.
the man with the plan

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Judged:

To all those who have commented, thank you. Yes this country is truely great. I was brought to the United States via a militay family. I didnt ask to be brought here. If any of the people who commented in the neg. would have simply reread the story you would have seen I changed my name because I am getting closer to the REAL reason why I was brought here to begin with ( U.S.) Changing my name had nothing to do with the lawsuit. For the record, I did in deed let the store manager and members of human resorces know of the remarks beging laid against me for five years. By law I have to follow protocol. Meaning I cannot just simply file a lawsuit. I have to, without a shadow of a dought, show malis on Havertys behalf. It is amazing to me how little people really care for their fellow man. I wouldn't nor could I continue to hurt those whom I consider to be my friends. Each of us just needs to think more before we speak is the bottom line here. Those in positions of authority need do their jobs. Maybe none of this would have even happened. One last comment: I am the one that made the money for the company. The company didn't just pay me to stand around. Being totally on commission, it was my job to convince people that Havertys had the best service, staff and product. I did my job well that is why I made good money and the company knew I enjoyed my job. Being ignored by the management was the norm at best.
Rhonda Wol

Baldwin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Havertys is a "Good Old Boy" company, and it is going to be their downfall. They sell the most over-priced, cheaply produced product on the market.
"Solid-Wood", yeah it's solid wood alright, solid wood-chips, solid recycled newspaper/cardboard, and plastic or "resin". I'm ashamed to admit they sell this stuff.
Most of thier product, within the industry, are "case-goods", which means it comes in a box and is put together at the warehouse, not unlike what you can buy at Wal-Mart. They did at one time, 4 years or so ago, sell name-brand good stuff, Thomasville,Hooker,Lay-Z-Boy,e ct. Since the "heads" over on Johnson-Ferry decided to sell thier own "Havertys-Brand" crap, the company has taken a turn for the worst.
Mr. Haverty Sr. would turn over in his grave if he knew what was going on.
Didi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

[Mr/Mrs Liberals hate fact, maybe you have to get your facts straight before you puke your hate and complexes out like this. You might be playing with fire here! Read his book called "the hidden one". this guy you are calling names has been discovered to be a prince. If circumstances were different, he could be a king today. Just watch out who are you talking to you redneck hater!who="LIBERALS HATE facts"]Only in America!!!....can some punk kid...who is given the opportunity of a lifetime to live in the US....grow up to be a top sales person...and become such a whiner!
Lemme guess...you're working with Morgan & Morgan now?
Listen crybaby...if you don't like where you work....then you've obviously got skills....shut up and leave!
"The American Way"..........just sue 'em!!!!
Didn't take long for this guy to become a standard spoiled "American" complete with the entitlement mentality!
....less than one generation...and he'd fit right in down in N.O. with everyone else looking for some handout because they were treated "unfairly".
Crybaby sissy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altamonte Springs Discussions

Search the Altamonte Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 7 min Lon Spector 129
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min WAKE UP DEM VOTERS 1,078,385
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 483,690
Police looking for purse-snatching sisters (Jun '09) 8 hr MeMe 39
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr nina roth 2,383
The Comfort of Men Wearing Panties and Why.. (Nov '11) 12 hr dale miller 161
Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 13 hr nina roth 2,063
•••
•••
•••
Altamonte Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Altamonte Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••