Ex-salesman sues, saying boss was biased

Ex-salesman sues, saying boss was biased

There are 35 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 9, 2008, titled Ex-salesman sues, saying boss was biased. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

For five years, according to Cyrus Nowia-Pahlavi, he was one of the top salesmen at two Orlando-area Havertys furniture stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
camel hunter

Titusville, FL

#1 Jan 9, 2008
Changed your name? You get what you deserve when you ally yourself with our enemies.

“Gay Man here ”

Since: Mar 07

Daytona Beach

#2 Jan 9, 2008
I would jusy boycott this wohle store to be gin with.

“Gay Man here ”

Since: Mar 07

Daytona Beach

#3 Jan 9, 2008
Get real, no one deserves this kind of treatment, he shouldn't have to change his name at all.

I find this funny since he was called a camel name and your screen name is Camel Hunter as well. I guess you can't read, or didn't read or understand the whole story to begin with.
okw

Orlando, FL

#4 Jan 9, 2008
camel hunter wrote:
Changed your name? You get what you deserve when you ally yourself with our enemies.
What does changing his name have to do with it? NOTHING
Kissimmee Girl

Austin, TX

#5 Jan 9, 2008
camel hunter your stupid - read your bible - or do something that teaches you about love for others
I've been in this type of environment
it is not good for anyone involved
Haverty's should not be allowed to continue business with 23 suits against them
Carlos

Clearwater, FL

#6 Jan 9, 2008
I think it is only alleged that anyone called him "camel jockey" and so what if they did? Why does everyone have to play the "offended" card?
I am Cuban. I get kidded about it all of the time and I kid back to my buddies(one is Black, two are White)
and we do work together.
Its no big deal. This "victim" is just looking for a quick buck.
LIBERALS HATE facts

Orlando, FL

#7 Jan 9, 2008
Only in America!!!....can some punk kid...who is given the opportunity of a lifetime to live in the US....grow up to be a top sales person...and become such a whiner!

Lemme guess...you're working with Morgan & Morgan now?

Listen crybaby...if you don't like where you work....then you've obviously got skills....shut up and leave!

"The American Way"..........just sue 'em!!!!

Didn't take long for this guy to become a standard spoiled "American" complete with the entitlement mentality!

....less than one generation...and he'd fit right in down in N.O. with everyone else looking for some handout because they were treated "unfairly".

Crybaby sissy.
Tom3

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2008
I hope that company loses big in the lawsuit. And the jury should also award punitive damages to punish them for their racism. Not only that, but Palavi should file an unpaid wages claim with the department of labor in his state. If they did not pay him sales bonuses that were due, they broke the law. If there is evidence of physical threats, he should also report that to the DA and get some of those rednecks arrested.

Unfortunately this happens all too often in our nation. Usually these racist attacks are done by the same white trash Republicans who claim that racism no longer exists in America.
mosco

Winter Garden, FL

#12 Jan 9, 2008
TO LIBERAL HATES FACTS: The problem is that many people can joke with each other. The problem is many people can not joke with each other. In between that, there are people who have an abundance of real hate in them. If are nation goes into an economic tailspin this time around, we will see who really hates pretty quickly.
Florida Redneck

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jan 9, 2008
Why is this B_tch's comment not offensive and removed. I am proud to be a Florida Redneck. Remember
we were here first.
But why is Redneck not offensive, but Camel Jockey is offensive.
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! For being a member of the group that is the party of tolerance, you sure display a lot of hate. Must suck to be you! You sound like a total whackjob...but you and your few friends already know that.
Florida Redneck

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jan 9, 2008
The previous comment was supposed to go to Nancy whom finds Camel Jockey
offensive, but hard working rednecks in Florida unoffensive.
Florida Redneck wrote:
Why is this B_tch's comment not offensive and removed. I am proud to be a Florida Redneck. Remember
we were here first.
But why is Redneck not offensive, but Camel Jockey is offensive.
<quoted text>
Nathan

Clearwater, FL

#16 Jan 9, 2008
They should have left him at the orphanage. Sounds like he doesn't like living here. Yes, I know.....poor, poor victim!
Middle easterners never, ever lie...do they?
Nancy

Clearwater, FL

#17 Jan 9, 2008
Florida Redneck wrote:
The previous comment was supposed to go to Nancy whom finds Camel Jockey
offensive, but hard working rednecks in Florida unoffensive.
<quoted text>
You seem to assume quite a lot from the limited paragraph I wrote. I don't find either one offensive...but then again, I'm not as sensitive as you tough guys. Buck up, sissyman!
Sick of tourists

Mount Dora, FL

#18 Jan 9, 2008
Nathan wrote:
They should have left him at the orphanage. Sounds like he doesn't like living here. Yes, I know.....poor, poor victim!
Middle easterners never, ever lie...do they?
Nope- and Americans never ever lie either.
why wait 5 years

Orlando, FL

#19 Jan 9, 2008
He worked there from July 2002 to July 2007 and all that time he didn't bother filing a law suit. He was happy working there taking home $70,000 a year for 5 years with no complaints filed. Why weren't any of these allegations brought up before? The "suit alleges", the "suit says", "according to the suit". Why only after he loses his job does he start yelling discrimination? Perhaps it is true that improper remakes were made or perhaps it isn't, but either way why didn't he bring this up before? And it even reads that he wants to have his job back??? Why on earth would he want to return to work at a place if it is as he "alleges"??
Florida Redneck

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jan 9, 2008
Nancy-you Liberal Idiot- if it were not for people like us you would be living under the regime of Osama Bin Laden having to cover your face everyday. But according to you we are the "sissies".
By the way sissy doesn't offend me either as I do have a soft side--ask my wife.
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to assume quite a lot from the limited paragraph I wrote. I don't find either one offensive...but then again, I'm not as sensitive as you tough guys. Buck up, sissyman!

Since: Jul 07

Orlando, FL

#21 Jan 9, 2008
There's a big difference between a little joke here and there, but this sounds like harassment. He had enough. I work in an office with all men and they can act like little kids at times. I'm the mom that has to tell them when to knock it off. I don't blame the guy.
Nancy

Clearwater, FL

#22 Jan 9, 2008
Florida Redneck wrote:
Nancy-you Liberal Idiot- if it were not for people like us you would be living under the regime of Osama Bin Laden having to cover your face everyday. But according to you we are the "sissies".
By the way sissy doesn't offend me either as I do have a soft side--ask my wife.
<quoted text>
I'm not a liberal, you idiot. I don't believe in "victims", don't want illegals, hate CAIR, hate liberals, tolerate Bush and his liberal views on immigration, and think that we're screwed if Obama, Hillary or Edwards get elected.(A Hillary/Obama ticket guarantees that we put a red star in the middle of our flag.
I'm saying that this piece of crap shouldn't be whining because a few people called him (allegedly) a camel jockey. Big whoop.
I would apologize for the redneck thing but I talked to your wife and she mentioned your "soft side"...though she called it a soft something else.
I do admit the idiot part, though.
otownnole

Orlando, FL

#23 Jan 9, 2008
Tom3 wrote:
I hope that company loses big in the lawsuit. And the jury should also award punitive damages to punish them for their racism. Not only that, but Palavi should file an unpaid wages claim with the department of labor in his state. If they did not pay him sales bonuses that were due, they broke the law. If there is evidence of physical threats, he should also report that to the DA and get some of those rednecks arrested.
Unfortunately this happens all too often in our nation. Usually these racist attacks are done by the same white trash Republicans who claim that racism no longer exists in America.
You want everyone to pay for calling him names.

Then you use the endearing terms redneck and white trash. You are right about racism being alive and well.
Chester DeGrasse

Orlando, FL

#24 Jan 9, 2008
The name callers are in the wrong here, both in the story, and, pathetically, on this message board as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altamonte Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,509,842
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Dudley 8,077
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Mothra 63,581
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 hr Murphey_Law 513,047
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 11 hr Michael 241
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 15 hr zazz 25,586
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Mon zazz 98,369

Altamonte Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altamonte Springs Mortgages