Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments (Page 256)

Showing posts 5,101 - 5,120 of9,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The convention and nomination has not come to pass as yet.
There is no doubt Romney will be the nominee.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance about cars extends to ignorance about reality.
If Obama was emperor he would not have to rely on what the SCOTUS says you pathologically lying little punk.
Clearly you have difficulty with the English language. I didn’t say Obama was the emperor I stated he thought he was emperor.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance about cars extends to ignorance about reality.
If Obama was emperor he would not have to rely on what the SCOTUS says you pathologically lying little punk.
Ignorance about cars? WTF are you talking about?

Clearly you're confused.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>My reply is based on ehat YOU say,
Your pots have been speculation , and things NOT required by law.
I have said time and timr again , If Zimmerman is found gyilty of a non self defence killing he can rot in jail.
If he is found not guilty , where are you going to riot ?
You are a black raceist.
Here is a little song for you , brotha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Why take issue with his RuffnReddy’s race? I can understand taking issue with what he posts.

I don't know if he's black or not, either way I don't care.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Show proof Zimmerman attempted to detain Martin. When the dispatcher said “we don’t need you to do that” Zimmerman discontinued following. That’s evident by the 911 recording.
Show your proof that he didn't, and it's obvious to all but the truly dumb that George didn't take the dispatchers advice.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Show your proof that he didn't, and it's obvious to all but the truly dumb that George didn't take the dispatchers advice.
There you go again wanting proof of a non action. How do you prove something that does not exist? You claim he detained Tayvon so you prove it. Once again, advice is not legally binding. Had Tryvon been armed and jumped George and killed him the dispatcher had covered her butt.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> There you go again wanting proof of a non action. How do you prove something that does not exist? You claim he detained Tayvon so you prove it. Once again, advice is not legally binding. Had Tryvon been armed and jumped George and killed him the dispatcher had covered her butt.
Advice? It was a request politely stated. When you say to a child, "please stop doing that" Is it advice or is it request to stop doing what they are doing.

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
He avoided two lighted areas? Let’s assume he did, if he were following Martin that would mean Martin avoided two lighted areas. Why did Martin avoid lighted areas? What’s your evidence Zimmerman made no attempt to identify himself? You do a fine job making up BS when you need more “evidence” to support your position.
You’re confused again. Lee was a victim of political pressure. Wolfinger recused himself.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-2...
From that link
"In the interest of the public safety of the citizens of Seminole County and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, I would respectfully request the executive assignment of another state attorney for the investigation and any prosecution arising from the circumstances surrounding the death of Trayvon B. Martin," Wolfinger wrote.
If you'll reread the post it says that George avoided introducing himself in two lighted areas.

And remember that George drove past Trayvon when he first spotted him. George drove the hundreds of feet to the lighted clubhouse and called LE for apparently no reason other than seeing a black man in front of his buddy Frank's home.

So what does Trayvon do? He continues walking along Retreat View Cir and right past George then turns down Twin Trees Ln. on his way to the Green residence. BTW that entire corner is lighted and there is said to be surveillance video that was retrieved from the management company.

This strange, suspicious, looks like he's up to no good goon, walked within 20 feet of Georges vehicle in a well lighted area and George failed to introduce himself as security, ask if he could help the stranger in any way, if he was staying there etc.

I read what the twenty three year veteran SA wrote. It's bullsht, Governor Scott and Attorney General asked him to recuse himself and of course he did because he screwed up big time and the case couldn't go forward with him in charge. Easy deal pal!

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> There you go again wanting proof of a non action. How do you prove something that does not exist? You claim he detained Tayvon so you prove it. Once again, advice is not legally binding. Had Tryvon been armed and jumped George and killed him the dispatcher had covered her butt.
There were not two lie detector tests only a quickie voice stress analysis test which the FBI expert says is pretty much worthless. Go find the USA Today piece and read "the entire article" carefully.

Your either real stupid or real lazy, I don't like wasting my time with those sorts of folks.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Advice? It was a request politely stated. When you say to a child, "please stop doing that" Is it advice or is it request to stop doing what they are doing.
You are incorrect.
The words were "you do not need to do that".
The words were NOT "please stop doing that."

The first is advice that leaves open the choice to the individual getting the advice.
The second is a request.

See the difference?

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Word on the street is that Judge Lester will be releasing Zimmerman later this afternoon, no word on the bail amount.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Why take issue with his RuffnReddy’s race? I can understand taking issue with what he posts.
I don't know if he's black or not, either way I don't care.
I have no issue with his race , per se.

I dislike Jews who scream about the Nazis yet are for gun control.

I dislike Blacks who scream about prejudice yet are racist.

America , even though we had slaves and tried to kill off the tribes and put US citizens in concentration camps, was still meant for all people .

United we stand , divided we fall.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect.
The words were "you do not need to do that".
The words were NOT "please stop doing that."
The first is advice that leaves open the choice to the individual getting the advice.
The second is a request.
See the difference?
It is an indication that he police did not want him to do what he was doing. Zimmerman even acknowledge OK to it but kept right on. If Zimmerman’s defense is that it was not a direct order and therefore he should have kept perusing Martin then he is totally screwed. That is the complete opposite of his claim that Martin came after him. All you ten cent lawyers who only to argue semantics seem to keep over looking that. If he stopped pursuing then the question of whether it was an order, a request, or a suggestion is academic and irrelevant. If he did not stop pursuing then his claim of self defense is out the window. You can’t have it both ways.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>It is an indication that he police did not want him to do what he was doing. Zimmerman even acknowledge OK to it but kept right on. If Zimmerman’s defense is that it was not a direct order and therefore he should have kept perusing Martin then he is totally screwed. That is the complete opposite of his claim that Martin came after him. All you ten cent lawyers who only to argue semantics seem to keep over looking that. If he stopped pursuing then the question of whether it was an order, a request, or a suggestion is academic and irrelevant. If he did not stop pursuing then his claim of self defense is out the window. You can’t have it both ways.
Completely wrong.

An officer of the law can give you an order to stop and hold your position , backed up by penalty if need be.

A civilian can not.

If you want to live in a land of law and order this is anything but semantics.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>It is an indication that he police did not want him to do what he was doing. Zimmerman even acknowledge OK to it but kept right on. If Zimmerman’s defense is that it was not a direct order and therefore he should have kept perusing Martin then he is totally screwed. That is the complete opposite of his claim that Martin came after him. All you ten cent lawyers who only to argue semantics seem to keep over looking that. If he stopped pursuing then the question of whether it was an order, a request, or a suggestion is academic and irrelevant. If he did not stop pursuing then his claim of self defense is out the window. You can’t have it both ways.
Not overlooking a thing. It does not matter if it was a "request", a "directive", an "order", and "indication", or simple advice.
None of that has one damn thing to do with who initated the physical attack on the other, and ALL the physical evidence says that St. Tray was the one who started the physical altercation.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not overlooking a thing. It does not matter if it was a "request", a "directive", an "order", and "indication", or simple advice.
None of that has one damn thing to do with who initated the physical attack on the other, and ALL the physical evidence says that St. Tray was the one who started the physical altercation.
There is no evidence who actually threw the first punch. However there is plenty of evidence that Zimmerman was pursuing Martin and therefore caused the confrontation by his own actions. My own openion is that it was a police order to stay where he was. However all the Zimmerheads seem to want to deny that as if that would justify Zimmerman continueing to pursue. They want to argue whether it was a legal order.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence who actually threw the first punch. However there is plenty of evidence that Zimmerman was pursuing Martin and therefore caused the confrontation by his own actions. My own openion is that it was a police order to stay where he was. However all the Zimmerheads seem to want to deny that as if that would justify Zimmerman continueing to pursue. They want to argue whether it was a legal order.
Then why is he not charged with disobeying a lawful order from a police officer? 1 It was not a lawful order. 2 It was not by a police officer. You are right about one thing, no evidence of who threw the first punch without which the state has no case since following is not a crime.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
If you are in a public area and happen to be going the same way as someone else or even following they can not turn and beat you. Self defense requires threat of death or great bodily harm. Please show your evidence Trayvon believed that.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> If you are in a public area and happen to be going the same way as someone else or even following they can not turn and beat you. Self defense requires threat of death or great bodily harm. Please show your evidence Trayvon believed that.
How do you know who belived what ?

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know who belived what ?
You have to think yourself through what might have happened and in this case it's not all that difficult.

Trayvon actually called his dad to let him know/get permission to go to the 7/11, at least that has been reported and if so it will show in the cell phone records.

When the deceased youth was searched by police at the scene, he had an Arizona drink, Skittles, his cell phone and ear piece, some amount of cash between $20 and $40 and it was mentioned somewhere that he may have had a disposable lighter.

It was 7PM on a Sunday evening.

So there's good starting point.

Then you can try to think your way through what George was doing beginning with that he was headed over to the nearby Target store when he noticed Trayvon.

Factor in that Trayvon was a just turned 17 year old in somewhat strange surroundings and that George is a 28 year old who has lived at The Retreat for nearly three years and is involved in the neighborhood watch program.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,101 - 5,120 of9,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Altamonte Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Altamonte Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••