Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
32,301 - 32,320 of 45,781 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34205
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

And cooling climate change.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34206
Feb 8, 2013
 
Brian, Teener, other deniers on here, they can't help it. They watch Fox News.

Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

With Fox, it's hard to tell if this is ignorance or dishonesty. They must not know how to use a computer; that's the ignorance part. That's pretty bad, since probably 75% of the people in the US and the UK know how to use a search engine.

So it must be dishonesty. They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies. And their audience believes them.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34207
Feb 9, 2013
 
Now you have it good job.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34208
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

gcaveman1 wrote:
Brian, Teener, other deniers on here, they can't help it. They watch Fox News.
Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany
With Fox, it's hard to tell if this is ignorance or dishonesty. They must not know how to use a computer; that's the ignorance part. That's pretty bad, since probably 75% of the people in the US and the UK know how to use a search engine.
So it must be dishonesty. They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies. And their audience believes them.
I'm looking at snow covered solar panels on roofs here in Germany, they sure don't work when you need heat most.

Down with insulation and conservation, up with energy production and use. If you aren't emitting greenhouse gas, what good are you?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34209
Feb 9, 2013
 
You should have swept the snow off of the panels.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34210
Feb 9, 2013
 
A cheap and easy plan to stop global warming

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34211
Feb 9, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at snow covered solar panels on roofs here in Germany, they sure don't work when you need heat most.
Down with insulation and conservation, up with energy production and use. If you aren't emitting greenhouse gas, what good are you?
Yup, go ahead & emit all the carbon you want. You'd just better hope you're not in north Germany, because it'll all be under water. Bye-bye, Kiel; Hamburg will be in trouble as well.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34213
Feb 9, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at snow covered solar panels on roofs here in Germany, they sure don't work when you need heat most.
Down with insulation and conservation, up with energy production and use. If you aren't emitting greenhouse gas, what good are you?
Sorry, super BrainG, you gonna get more snow.

We're all emitting greenhouse gases, whether we want to or not. You Idiot.

But, Brain, in sunny northern Germany, there by the sea, the snow will just melt right away when the sun comes out. Right?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34214
Feb 9, 2013
 
The climate in Germany sucks in winter, so I'll vacation in the Caribbean. We can't mitigate climate change, but we can move to take advantage of better climate.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34215
Feb 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at snow covered solar panels on roofs here in Germany, they sure don't work when you need heat most.
Down with insulation and conservation, up with energy production and use. If you aren't emitting greenhouse gas, what good are you?
You're lying.

At Berlin's latitude, those solar collectors should be tilted at 67 degrees, too steep an angle to catch snow.

We've been wondering the same about you; what good are you?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34216
Feb 10, 2013
 
A broom works well. Tilt it at a 45 deg angle and sweep.
Gitano

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34217
Feb 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
The climate in Germany sucks in winter, so I'll vacation in the Caribbean. We can't mitigate climate change, but we can move to take advantage of better climate.
Regardless if USA and most of Eorupe do all we can to curtail global warming, ALL of Latin America, Asia, Africa and Middle east (perhaps not Israel) will wipe their butts with it and any future global warming UN type "regulations" , much as they do now .
Gitano

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34218
Feb 10, 2013
 
gcaveman1 wrote:
Brian, Teener, other deniers on here, they can't help it. They watch Fox News.
Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany
With Fox, it's hard to tell if this is ignorance or dishonesty. They must not know how to use a computer; that's the ignorance part. That's pretty bad, since probably 75% of the people in the US and the UK know how to use a search engine.
So it must be dishonesty. They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies. And their audience believes them.
"They assume their audience is stupid so they tell these outrageous lies."

FOX would be correct in such an assumption. FOX viewers want to believe certain things ,so FOX simply satisfies the craving for ignorance .
My uncle is a FOX and Glenn Beck pupett who see's conspiracies behind every tree and after several years of watching FOX hates all non Christians .

He hated Mormons till Romney ran but now back to hating them again.

Jews for being "liberal" (aka open minded progressive) and their war on Christmas (FOX does imply that)and Muslims and Hindus (He "FOX thinks" they are the same) for trying to kill HIM (him in particular as Glenn Beck implies).

For the most part he thinks the world is out to get right wing Christians and FOX wouldn't have it any other way.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34219
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fox news and scientific science fiction go hand and hand.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34220
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
Fox news and scientific science fiction go hand and hand.
Correction:

Phox news and scientiphic sceince phiction go phop and phlop.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34221
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:
Phox news and scientiphic sceince phiction go phop and phlop.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34222
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless if USA and most of Eorupe do all we can to curtail global warming, ALL of Latin America, Asia, Africa and Middle east (perhaps not Israel) will wipe their butts with it and any future global warming UN type "regulations" , much as they do now .
Au contrare', my friend.

The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started.

Like in India, which is slightly more democratic. The people can steer the government slowly........about like we do. The worst thing about India is Pakistan. A war between those two might give us a nuclear winter and forestall the warming a bit. But not a good solution.

Progress is never equal among men.
Gitano

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34223
Feb 10, 2013
 
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contrare', my friend.
The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started.
Like in India, which is slightly more democratic. The people can steer the government slowly........about like we do. The worst thing about India is Pakistan. A war between those two might give us a nuclear winter and forestall the warming a bit. But not a good solution.
Progress is never equal among men.
"The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started"

I hope you are correct but I am inclined to disagree with you on this.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34225
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Progress is never equal among the vast.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34227
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Gitano wrote:
<quoted text>
"The ChiComs are begining to hear the voice of the people; the people are tired of the pollution and tired of the wages. The ChiComms have a lot of people to control and they don't want any social movements getting started"
I hope you are correct but I am inclined to disagree with you on this.
Of course I'm correct.

I get my news from NPR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Altamonte Springs Discussions

Search the Altamonte Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Grey Ghost 1,079,675
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr Willson 2,389
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr marce-encore 483,908
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 7 hr Princess Hey 4,112
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 2,480
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 11,912
two words (Jul '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 26,855
•••
•••
•••
•••

Altamonte Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Altamonte Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Altamonte Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Altamonte Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••