California turning a deeper shade of ...

California turning a deeper shade of blue

There are 3539 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 3, 2010, titled California turning a deeper shade of blue. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

While Republicans celebrated victories across the country on election night, Democrats enjoyed a rare bright spot in California, where their party not only defended its turf but actually tightened its grip on the state Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 177
Next Last
a former subscriber

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 3, 2010
"Still, Tuesday's results painted California in Democrat blue. The party will get credit if things improve here or blame if they don't."

Well, things have not improved. I guess this is why democrats deserved credit to be re-elected or elected.

I loved this quote:
"Said Gatto: "I have faith in the party leadership that we're going to do good things in the next couple of years.""

Can't wait to see these good things: maybe higher taxes, maybe a few remaining companies leaving the state, maybe more parasites on welfare and various "social programs", maybe expended "home care services", maybe higher union contracts, maybe all of the above.
Donald

AOL

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Sell California to China payoff the national debt
TaxNoMore

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2010
"California certainly lived up to its reputation for doing things differently from the rest of the nation."

Yeah,

Prop 19 brought out every tattooed stoned couch lizard in the state.

They marked "D" for dope ...

and here we are
LTZ

Castro Valley, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
What the voters did was paint California a deeper shade of stupid.
LDT

Covina, CA

#5 Nov 3, 2010
California isn't stupid our union reps gave us solid facts against those rabid republitards that would block precious union contracts with the booming green job sector and what about all of those hard working state employees that would have lost their jobs or would have had their pensions reduced to pennies ... Go Brown ! Go Boxer ! The awesome twosome !
Haddit

Yorba Linda, CA

#6 Nov 3, 2010
Read LDT's post and you have your answer.
a former subscriber

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 3, 2010
LDT wrote:
California isn't stupid our union reps gave us solid facts against those rabid republitards that would block precious union contracts with the booming green job sector and what about all of those hard working state employees that would have lost their jobs or would have had their pensions reduced to pennies ... Go Brown ! Go Boxer ! The awesome twosome !
"the booming green job sector"??? I thought Prop 19 lost, no?

Dude, where is my green job?
illegal

United States

#8 Nov 3, 2010
we will never forget!!!!!!!(187)

Since: Jun 10

Pasadena, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2010
For decades, Cali lib pols have specialized in coming up with creative ways to punish and penalize evil corporations, and creating ever expanding fraud riddled utopian programs like IHSS.

Now they will have sole responsibility to attract business to the worst business environment in the country, play referee as the PEUs fight over the shrinking tax base, and face severe criticism as Cali's financial house of cards inevitably crashes in a heap.

Oh, and don't count on any help from the Feds. Stimulus is done, and this Congress won't pee on your leg if it was on fire.

This is going to be fun to watch, in a macabre way.
Just a thought

United States

#10 Nov 3, 2010
You guys are good and I really mean good in your posts, short as they may be. You all made your point succinctly and to the point. If I may, I would like to add that California has turned a deeper shade of blue due to self strangulation, although LTZ gets the prize IMHO for the absolutely best succinct reply with, "What the voters did was paint California a deeper shade of stupid.". Short, sweet and to the point.
peggy joseph on youtube

Fresno, CA

#11 Nov 4, 2010
no sanctuary wrote:
This is going to be fun to watch, in a macabre way
For sure. I can't wait to watch the different goverment unions feed on each other. Always an entertaining show.
Chill Out

West Sacramento, CA

#12 Nov 4, 2010
no sanctuary wrote:
For decades, Cali lib pols have specialized in coming up with creative ways to punish and penalize evil corporations, and creating ever expanding fraud riddled utopian programs like IHSS.
Now they will have sole responsibility to attract business to the worst business environment in the country, play referee as the PEUs fight over the shrinking tax base, and face severe criticism as Cali's financial house of cards inevitably crashes in a heap.
Oh, and don't count on any help from the Feds. Stimulus is done, and this Congress won't pee on your leg if it was on fire.
This is going to be fun to watch, in a macabre way.
Thank you Californians for coming together and, regardless of party, picking the best candidates for the job!

Congratulations to the incoming state leadership:

Governor-elect Jerry Brown
Lt Governor-elect Gavin Newsom
Secretary of State-elect Debra Bowen
State Treasurer-elect Bill Lockyer
State Controller-elect John Chiang
Insurance Commissioner-elect Dave Jones

and with 100% of the vote now counted,
the new Attorney General-elect is Kamala Harris,
who is also the first Asian-American AG, the first female AG, and the first African-American AG in California history.

And congratulations to U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer who was elected to represent the great state of California for a fourth term.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
amused

Dubuque, IA

#13 Nov 4, 2010
love it...as California bursts into flames in the very near future, I will pop a beer, settle into my favorite recliner and watch it live on my big screen.
Better than the Series, the Super Bowl, the BCS title game and the Final Four all rolled into one. The gargantuan train wreck headed your way is well deserved. I have no sympathy for you.
Johnd

United States

#14 Nov 4, 2010
Wonder how much the election results would differ if there were only English ballots? That's one way to save some expenditures. Put everything in English - The Language of the United States of America! Either Learn it or Leave it.
YEAH

San Bernardino, CA

#15 Nov 4, 2010
amused wrote:
love it...as California bursts into flames in the very near future, I will pop a beer, settle into my favorite recliner and watch it live on my big screen.
Better than the Series, the Super Bowl, the BCS title game and the Final Four all rolled into one. The gargantuan train wreck headed your way is well deserved. I have no sympathy for you.
Only if the Big One doesn't hit first and Arizona becomes beachfront property.
See there is hope for California.
SMS

AOL

#16 Nov 4, 2010
California is going down in flames.
They should build a wall around the state and keep their poison intact.
Great weather, but that's the only thing left that you can say about the state. Meg and Carly should be glad that they lost, a deeper shade of blue only means big trouble. I'm so glad that I moved out last year, only have a few family members left, they're waiting for retirement and will be joining the rest of us far away from California.
Exit strategy

United States

#17 Nov 4, 2010
This is a great thread to discuss the best states where one can relocate. Any suggestions?
hunkie boy

Lawndale, CA

#18 Nov 4, 2010
Unions.gays.blacks,mexicans,mi chael jasckson club all white,catholic priest=70%OF CALIFORNIA.
TaxNoMore

United States

#20 Nov 4, 2010
a former subscriber wrote:
"Still, Tuesday's results painted California in Democrat blue. The party will get credit if things improve here or blame if they don't."
Well, things have not improved. I guess this is why democrats deserved credit to be re-elected or elected.
I loved this quote:
"Said Gatto: "I have faith in the party leadership that we're going to do good things in the next couple of years.""
Can't wait to see these good things: maybe higher taxes, maybe a few remaining companies leaving the state, maybe more parasites on welfare and various "social programs", maybe expended "home care services", maybe higher union contracts, maybe all of the above.
Brown never did like Prop 13.......

So.....
nonsense

Burbank, CA

#21 Nov 4, 2010
No, LA and the Sanctuary Cities (ComicConLand and Pervertsville) are deeply blue. The rest of the state really isn't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 177
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies in... 1 hr Truth 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 2 hr Lil Lechugita 4,549
Fine Art America: Review (Feb '15) 15 hr Lake Carter 10
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Thomas 7233 20,965
Trump should deport African Americans instead o... 17 hr Kirk Out 36
News Confidence in PUSD (Oct '08) Feb '17 Michael Pacer 5
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 col sutter 1

Altadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Altadena Mortgages