Why did Alsip Police Chief Radz deny ...

Why did Alsip Police Chief Radz deny grave robbing

Created by Andre on Jul 12, 2009

236 votes

Click on an option to vote

There's nothing sinister here

Doesnt know what he is doing

A political hack

Needs to retire

It was a race issue

Should be removed from office

Did an impartial investigation

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Andre

AOL

#1 Jul 12, 2009
Chief Radz there WAS something sinister going on. I am ashamed that you disagreed with the crime. Maybe it was because the bodies were of african american decent, or maybe you just dont know what you are doing. Lets let the people decide.

The SouthtownStar reported on June 5 that a human bone had been unearthed by an employee digging in the cemetery. Alsip Police Chief Christopher Radz told the newspaper, "There's nothing sinister here." He called the bone a recordkeeping issue, saying, "It's probably dating back to the early days of the cemetery." Keith Nicks, the grounds' superintendent also told the paper he knew nothing of the find. "First of all, if we found any bones, we would rebury it in the spot where we found it." He said he believes the incident was orchestrated by one of a couple of "disgruntled employees whose jobs are on the line."

Keith Nicks was one of the people charged with this horriffic crime.
JT Johnson

United States

#2 Jul 12, 2009
The police chief discounted the complaint and evidence because it was a black cemetery. Racism even in death.
Andre wrote:
Chief Radz there WAS something sinister going on. I am ashamed that you disagreed with the crime. Maybe it was because the bodies were of african american decent, or maybe you just dont know what you are doing. Lets let the people decide.
The SouthtownStar reported on June 5 that a human bone had been unearthed by an employee digging in the cemetery. Alsip Police Chief Christopher Radz told the newspaper, "There's nothing sinister here." He called the bone a recordkeeping issue, saying, "It's probably dating back to the early days of the cemetery." Keith Nicks, the grounds' superintendent also told the paper he knew nothing of the find. "First of all, if we found any bones, we would rebury it in the spot where we found it." He said he believes the incident was orchestrated by one of a couple of "disgruntled employees whose jobs are on the line."
Keith Nicks was one of the people charged with this horriffic crime.
Indenial

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2009
The guy is a PUTZ !!!!
evidence

Palos Hills, IL

#4 Jul 12, 2009
JT Johnson wrote:
The police chief discounted the complaint and evidence because it was a black cemetery. Racism even in death.
<quoted text>
Racism maybe. Freaking Stupid and Lazy Yes. He's done. Job Opening!
Chief Sinister

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2009
How long did he blow off this information? How many families were victimized while he protected the cemetery. He sounds very lazy and stupid too.
Christopher Radz

Burbank, IL

#6 Jul 13, 2009
Dear Andre,Indenial,Evidence, Chief Sinister, Burr Oak Victim and JT Johnson, please first and foremost accept my most heartfelt and sincere apologies that you have been victimized yet again. I have a rule to never post on these blogs, your concerns were so important to me that it was essential for me to set asside that code. I just contacted the editors office of the newspaper expressing my displeasure with them writing something I never said nor felt. Please contact me directly ([email protected]) and I will come to your home and you can personally hear from my lips to your ears how I feel about this atrocity personally, then I respect your choice on which you would like to believe. Again I would like give my sincere apologies to you and your families.
Jay Leno

Brusly, LA

#7 Jul 13, 2009
This should be a skit for Jay Leno, but he is gone. Maybe Letterman can use it.

Alsip, IL
The local police chief says that the bones found scattered in a local cemetery are not a sinister plot, just a book keeping error. The maintenance supervisor says he dont know anything about it.

Three days later, county police open the lid on the biggest grave robbing scandal in the last century. This sinister plot took place over 3 years and involved over 300 bodies. The maintenance supervisor is now being held at county jail.

The alsip police chief who defended the actions of the cemetery is looking for his brain.
Christopher Radz wrote:
Dear Andre,Indenial,Evidence, Chief Sinister, Burr Oak Victim and JT Johnson, please first and foremost accept my most heartfelt and sincere apologies that you have been victimized yet again. I have a rule to never post on these blogs, your concerns were so important to me that it was essential for me to set asside that code. I just contacted the editors office of the newspaper expressing my displeasure with them writing something I never said nor felt. Please contact me directly ([email protected]) and I will come to your home and you can personally hear from my lips to your ears how I feel about this atrocity personally, then I respect your choice on which you would like to believe. Again I would like give my sincere apologies to you and your families.
Burr Oak

United States

#8 Jul 14, 2009
The police chief Radiz says something stupid,so give him a break. Like any of you never said something stupid. You should hear some of the stupid things the mayor says.
Taser Tom

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 14, 2009
Burr Oak wrote:
The police chief Radiz says something stupid,so give him a break. Like any of you never said something stupid. You should hear some of the stupid things the mayor says.
The Indy Kid knows a few things about saying something stupid. He has done it quite a few times on another blog.
Lisa

Worth, IL

#10 Jul 15, 2009
I think you should check your quotes before you use them. Was that the chief's actual, entire quote? It doesn't seem logical to me. Don't judge someone until you are positive of their crime. For that matter, from what I understand there are four VERY guilty parties involved in this horrible,shameful crime. Why are you wasting time ridiculing anyone but THOSE four individuals and the owners who left the poor cemetary in ruins.
Interesting

AOL

#11 Jul 15, 2009
July 15, 2009

(WGN-AM)- Alsip Police Wednesday scrambled to reopen an investigation into claims that dozens of skulls, bones and other human remains were discovered dumped in plain view four years ago at Burr Oak cemetery.

But two Commonwealth Edison subcontractors who say they first reported the grisly scenes to police in 2005 say detectives should have unearthed the cemetery scandal years ago.

Russ Bausone and Brian Beard say they worked inside the cemetery four years ago with other subcontractors moving power lines on Cicero Avenue, on the cemetery's western edge.

The crew was allowed into the cemetery to cut back trees and install poles for electricity cables, they say.

"I just started seeing skulls, arms, caskets, everything," said Bausone, 43.

"There were about 100 body parts spread in mounds of dirt over three or four blocks and I thought,'You've got to be kidding me:' I couldn't believe it."

Bausone said he told his boss, Brian Beard, who called Alsip Police.

Alsip Police shut down the site for 10 days to investigate, but then let the crew return, telling Beard the problem was "taken care of," Beard said.

"The body parts had been covered up, but when our heavy trucks drove over the mounds of dirt, the bones came back to the surface," said Beard, 42.

"Why wasn't it a big deal then, but it is now?"

Alsip Police Chief Christopher Radz initially dismissed the subcontractors story Wednesday afternoon, saying detectives had completed a "thorough investigation" at the time and found nothing wrong.

He said the police report on the incident would show "these ComEd guys aren't telling the truth," but refused to release the report into or to discuss it further, saying he didn't have permission from the Cook County Sheriff's police.

But when Sheriff's spokesman Steve Patterson said Radz had been told hours earlier that the Sheriff had no problem with Alsip releasing the report, Radz said Alsip Police would re-open the investigation.

"Based on the new information [Bausone and Beard] brought up, we're going to reopen this investigation," Radz said.

He declined to say what parts of subcontractors' claims were not included in the original report, which he said now cannot be released because it is "a pending investigation."

The subcontractors' allegations surfaced as residents of streets surrounding Burr Oak described witnessing unusual digging patterns at the cemetery in recent years.

Duane Alexander, whose mother's home backs onto the cemetery, said he saw workers exhume a body in September, only to replace it with another coffin a day later.

He didn't call police but now wishes he had.

"I thought maybe the police were testing for DNA, or that they'd buried someone in the wrong grave and were fixing it," he said.

Bill Johnson, whose home also backs onto the cemetery, said he's seen staff digging "almost every day" through the spring and summer for the last two years, but that he didn't think much of it.

"Looking back, it was pretty strange," he said.
fred

Worth, IL

#12 Jul 15, 2009
I knew somebody would blame the white man for this one its never the black people.. Your people did this to each other. Dont forget what they did to Till and his casket.. It was four people not the chief of police or the village of Alsip.

Andre B

Niles, MI

#13 Jul 15, 2009
Racism starts in the heart and it is evil. That Police Chief Radz shows his racism in his words-deception and lies. If it were a white cemetery it would be something different.He would treat it differently. Radz is a big racist or a plain lying fool. He should be fired!
fred wrote:
I knew somebody would blame the white man for this one its never the black people.. Your people did this to each other. Dont forget what they did to Till and his casket.. It was four people not the chief of police or the village of Alsip.
GSZ

United States

#14 Jul 16, 2009
Andre B wrote:
Racism starts in the heart and it is evil. That Police Chief Radz shows his racism in his words-deception and lies. If it were a white cemetery it would be something different.He would treat it differently. Radz is a big racist or a plain lying fool. He should be fired!
<quoted text>
If the police chief is a racist what does that make the 4 african americans that did this to their own people.Dre i think you need to step back and gut-check your own peeps.
GSZ

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2009
If the p.d. went after the cemetary they are racist. iI they dont go after the cemetary they are racist.
Bingo

Tinley Park, IL

#16 Jul 16, 2009
I knew racism would come up sooner or later.
Darnell Green

Dallas, TX

#17 Jul 16, 2009
Look at all the crazy things that Alsip police chief is saying. He is crazy.
1) No sinister plot here. There are no Bodies.
2) Just a records mistake
3) Bones were never reported to Alsip police
4) Bones were not found in 2005, the utility workers are lying
5) The police reports say something different.
6) Cook County said I cant release the reports.
7) Cook County says I can release the reports but now I cant cuz I am opening up the old investigation on bones that werent reported.
8) I have no first hand knowledge of the incident so I am looking at it with a new pair of eyes. But I was the deputy chief of patrol at the time.
(finding bones would not cause the deputy chief to be notified-just a common thing in the black cemetery)

There is way too many lies from this Police Chief Christopher Radz. Why does the media keep protecting this fool. He is a liar and a racist. If it was a white cemetery he would have stopped all operations until the Sheriffs police arrived. They would have got to the bottom of it. If bones were found in someones house or yard they sure whould have handled it differently. But it is in the black cemetery so it is no big deal.

How many more bodies were dug up since Alsip Police were first notified. How would you feel if it were your loved ones.... Christopher Radz you are just as responsible as the others.
GSZ

United States

#19 Jul 16, 2009
Bingo wrote:
I knew racism would come up sooner or later.
Always injected into conversations by the african americans because they do not want to discus issues based on facts.
lisa

Worth, IL

#20 Jul 16, 2009
How is Chief Radz just as responsible as the others when he was just sworn in a month ago?... Where are you getting your quotes from? Have you ever spoken to the chief himself? By the time this new information came to light the investigation was already in the hands of the FBI and the Cook County sheriff's department. This crime is not a racist crime; its worse. It's a crime against human beings in the purest sense. Everyone is trying to deal with the aftermath, but placing blame on the wrong people is counterproductive.
Keep The Faith

Monee, IL

#21 Jul 16, 2009
Darnell Green wrote:
Look at all the crazy things that Alsip police chief is saying. He is crazy.
1) No sinister plot here. There are no Bodies.
2) Just a records mistake
3) Bones were never reported to Alsip police
4) Bones were not found in 2005, the utility workers are lying
5) The police reports say something different.
6) Cook County said I cant release the reports.
7) Cook County says I can release the reports but now I cant cuz I am opening up the old investigation on bones that werent reported.
8) I have no first hand knowledge of the incident so I am looking at it with a new pair of eyes. But I was the deputy chief of patrol at the time.
(finding bones would not cause the deputy chief to be notified-just a common thing in the black cemetery)
There is way too many lies from this Police Chief Christopher Radz. Why does the media keep protecting this fool. He is a liar and a racist. If it was a white cemetery he would have stopped all operations until the Sheriffs police arrived. They would have got to the bottom of it. If bones were found in someones house or yard they sure whould have handled it differently. But it is in the black cemetery so it is no big deal.
How many more bodies were dug up since Alsip Police were first notified. How would you feel if it were your loved ones.... Christopher Radz you are just as responsible as the others.
I can see you are very passionate with this issue and I applaud you for that. I will tell you up front I am a white male and I find the heinous acts committed against the people who were laid to rest their reprehensible.

I do not believe racism has had anything to do with Alsip Police Chief Radz’s actions. I truly believe this is a man who is very inexperienced and should familiarize himself with the issues before he shoots from the hip when addressing the media.

For you to state “If it was a white cemetery he would have stopped all operations until the Sheriffs police arrived” is a big assumption on your part. You do not know what he was thinking. It would be no different if I stated because this heinous act was committed by all black people that all black people are bad. That would be a stupid thought on my part. If it is a racist thought on my part then your statement is just as racists because you based you opinion solely on Chief Radz’s skin color.

It seems to me in today’s black society when a white person disagrees with a black person they label the white person racists. Why is it when Barack Obama was elected President 98 % of the black community voted for Obama and that was considered a step forward and progress? If the white people had vote 98% against Obabma for a white candidate that would have been considered racists?

When Obamas senate seat was up for appointment several black politicians stated emphatically a black male should be put in the position because Obama was black and that was our seat. If white politicians said anything remotely close to that there would be protests and he would be labeled a racists.

Just because we may disagree on issues does not make either one of us a racists. I hope and pray for the families that were victimized by the actions of a few. Someday maybe through faith and time they may be able to heal. I will keep all the families in my thoughts and prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alsip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She Gone 46 min AMC 11
Water Rate Increase Some Basic Questions 47 min Bad Actors 22
Shitstain 48 min Vote 29
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 1 hr Consumer Class Ac... 10,344
What would YOU do? 1 hr Citizen 8
hustler club (Jul '09) 3 hr Gitter Dunn 35
Post Office (Mar '17) 15 hr Harry Milt 13

Alsip Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance