North Richland Hills, TX

#1 Jan 6, 2009
Tom Collins For Mayor of Alsip
Rumor Has It

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2009
Alsip Voter wrote:
Tom Collins For Mayor of Alsip
I hear a former Police Chief may throw his hat in the ring!!
Old Alsipian

Evergreen Park, IL

#3 Jan 10, 2009
I have been here for 30 years and have known Mr. Collins for 28 of them, He is a nice guy, but in no way mayoral material, look at the past, he rode on Kitchings coattails just like Jolivet road on Arnies, he did just enough to get by, he told people in his old party that family came first, and he is right, but being the mayor is more than a 40 hour a week job, and I don't think that Betty will tolerate him going to meetings and functions all the time, just as he hasn't done so in the last 4 years
False Promises

Midlothian, IL

#4 Jan 12, 2009
Wasn't this new Mayor suppose to clean up Alsip by getting rid of the crummy motels. Well they're all still there as crummy as ever.

What about all the new beautiful businesses that were promised. Remember the pictures they used to campaign last time with all the closed businesses, huh.. most of those same businesses are still closed and abandoned.

What about the promise to lift residency for all municipal employees. Another false promise, residency is only lifted for close friends (village manager, & fire dept.).

Action Party please don't make ANY campaign promises this time around. We won't be fooled again!!
Old Alsipian

Evergreen Park, IL

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Ok now think about what you wrote,first residency which is an issue that is negotiated by the unions, not the village and remember that the fire dept won its residency when Andrews was mayor not Kitching. Now think about what has happened with the worlds economy then look around town, of the 4 or 5 eyesores around town The old Gary Steel, the gas station at 123rd and Pulaski, the old Shell at 115th and Pulaski, they have since been leveled,as the old gas station at 127th and the tollway exit, a new car wash Shell station is being built at 115th & Pulaski, the other 3 sites remain unsold at this time. Now take a ride down Cicero, yes the motels are still there, there is also a new big box store and others, there is a new body and car repair shop on old Cicero, a building that was vacant for almost 4 years, the restaurant at 122nd and Cicero is undergoing a major renovation, with a new banquet hall next door.
Oak Lawn is selling some village owned properties just to try to balance their budget, and is looking into privatizing their fire dept, as Worth has already done, OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE
Alsip is in a lot better shape then some of our neighboring towns. Am I going to compare Andrews to Kitching, well no, but all in all Kitching is doing a better job than I or many others would of thought 4 years ago. Kitching and the AP will continue what they have done to help Alsip move forward in these troubled economic times.
Alsip longtimer

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Feb 3, 2009
I've known Tom Collins for many years and he's a nice guy but I don't want him running my town he doesn't have the right stuff. He is committed to making a lot of money and not committed to working hard for the towns benefit. And Dazell oh, come on you've got to to certifible to vote him. Rumor has it its sour grapes because the mayor wouldn't pay him for his computer program that was out of date and useless yeap, I heard he wanted the tax payers to pay him $600,000.00 and the mayor told him to take a walk
Old Alsipian

Evergreen Park, IL

#7 Feb 4, 2009
One of the first smarter posts that i have ever read on here...I agree 100&50%
Old Alsipian

Evergreen Park, IL

#8 Feb 5, 2009
For almost 4 years now Mr. Collins had been elected to our Village Board. In the last 3 1/2 years all he had done is worked on getting a post office, I guess he gave up, because we haven't heard anything for a long time, and the town hall meeting about Alsip's take on the no-smoking law, that all we did was mirror the State's law, so when the Mayor called him out at the last board meeting for his usual NO REPORT, the Mayor was justified in asking why after all these years NO REPORT. Being a Trustee or the Mayor is NOT an easy job, nor is it a 9 to 5 kinda job, an other reason why Mr. Collins should NOT be the Mayor of Alsip
ur kidding me

Midlothian, IL

#9 Feb 9, 2009
Maybe, he doesn't have a report because nobody on the board talks with the man and he had all his responsibilities taken away.
RU kidding me

Oak Lawn, IL

#10 Feb 12, 2009
Is that his story? Poor, poor Tom. Find out the truth and you shall know what Mr Collins is about. Funny he should call his party integrity maybe he doesn't know what integrity is
GEO WALTIE

United States

#11 Feb 14, 2009
I think mr collins is doing a fine job and if his lovely wife betty will let him he will do a better job.
fed up in Alsip

Evergreen Park, IL

#12 Feb 15, 2009
How could he do a fine job, when he hasn't done anything in 4 years, and his wife didn't want him to run in the first place
Watching U from Arizona

Evergreen Park, IL

#13 Mar 1, 2009
What's with the Integrity party and St Terrence?
Is Collins using his clout with the church to promote his political cause???? Just another reason why there is no way he or any of his party should be elected. And you all thought that we were bad! Shame on you
Alsip Voter

North Richland Hills, TX

#14 Mar 2, 2009
Watching U from Arizona wrote:
What's with the Integrity party and St Terrence?
Is Collins using his clout with the church to promote his political cause???? Just another reason why there is no way he or any of his party should be elected. And you all thought that we were bad! Shame on you

Or, Maybe they go there to pray and worship..........
Watching U from Arizona

Evergreen Park, IL

#15 Mar 2, 2009
I should of explained my earlier post better. On the website for the Alsip Integrity Party yesterday and until a few hours ago, there were 3 postings about upcoming events. They are events sponsored by St.Terrence, but if you didn't know better, one would think that Collins' party were the sponsors. Long story short Fr. Barrett made sure that the posting were removed. What part of the word Integrity does Collins' Party not understand
Alsip longtimer

Evergreen Park, IL

#16 Mar 3, 2009
Politics has no place in any church. People go to worship and don't want to be bothered by someones political agenda. Mr Collins and his party you should know better poor Fr Barrett

And Mr Quinns party the UP or ACE from the mailer I got I wasn't sure very imaginative copying the Village of Alsips mission statement do u think people are that stupid?
Fed up in Alsip

Evergreen Park, IL

#17 Mar 3, 2009
An Open Letter To Tom Collins and the Integrity Party:
The postings on your website this past Sunday / Monday are some of the most unethical and underhanded political tricks I have ever seen in Alsip politics. It’s possible that you may have topped any of the previous antics of the United Party.
For the readers who may have missed it, Tom Collins took three items from the Sunday bulletin from St. Terrence Church and placed them on his Integrity Party website. They were in tabs on the right side of the page. They were “Blood Drive”,“Operation Rice Bowl” and “Cosmic Bowling”. Copies of the last two are at the end of this letter. He placed these events on his website and made them appear as though they were his own Integrity Party events. Not once, not anywhere, was St. Terrence ever mentioned on his site. NOT AT ALL. These items were only removed after the Pastor received complaints from the parishioners and Mr. Collins was told to remove them.
It is unbelievable that you Mr. Collins, who not only boasts about the time you give the parish, something many other Christians do quietly as an act of faith, would then turn around and use the church for your own political gain. You should have never placed items from the church bulletin on your political website in the first place, but to omit that these are St. Terrence events is unforgivable. You in effect stole their hard work in planning these events when you made them appear as your own. Don’t you remember what happened four years ago when Mayor Andrews used the church for his own political gain? You may think that by removing this from your website it will go unnoticed. Be assured that it has not. Many had a chance to see it. It is obvious that the word “Integrity” means something quite different to you than it does to most of the rest of us. You have shown us, the voters that you are willing resort to anything to get what you want. You do not have the best interest of Alsip at heart, only your own. You claim to want to be a “humble servant of the people”. If this is an example of how you are a humble servant of your church, the Village of Alsip will be much better off without you in any elected position.
Sincerely,
An Alsip Voter
To fed up in Alsip

Midlothian, IL

#18 Mar 4, 2009
Of all the things and all the parties running for election that is all you can find to complain about... get real
Chris Murphy

Charlotte, NC

#19 Mar 5, 2009
Fed up in Alsip wrote:
An Open Letter To Tom Collins and the Integrity Party:
The postings on your website this past Sunday / Monday are some of the most unethical and underhanded political tricks I have ever seen in Alsip politics. It’s possible that you may have topped any of the previous antics of the United Party.
For the readers who may have missed it, Tom Collins took three items from the Sunday bulletin from St. Terrence Church and placed them on his Integrity Party website. They were in tabs on the right side of the page. They were “Blood Drive”,“Operation Rice Bowl” and “Cosmic Bowling”. Copies of the last two are at the end of this letter. He placed these events on his website and made them appear as though they were his own Integrity Party events. Not once, not anywhere, was St. Terrence ever mentioned on his site. NOT AT ALL. These items were only removed after the Pastor received complaints from the parishioners and Mr. Collins was told to remove them.
It is unbelievable that you Mr. Collins, who not only boasts about the time you give the parish, something many other Christians do quietly as an act of faith, would then turn around and use the church for your own political gain. You should have never placed items from the church bulletin on your political website in the first place, but to omit that these are St. Terrence events is unforgivable. You in effect stole their hard work in planning these events when you made them appear as your own. Don’t you remember what happened four years ago when Mayor Andrews used the church for his own political gain? You may think that by removing this from your website it will go unnoticed. Be assured that it has not. Many had a chance to see it. It is obvious that the word “Integrity” means something quite different to you than it does to most of the rest of us. You have shown us, the voters that you are willing resort to anything to get what you want. You do not have the best interest of Alsip at heart, only your own. You claim to want to be a “humble servant of the people”. If this is an example of how you are a humble servant of your church, the Village of Alsip will be much better off without you in any elected position.
Sincerely,
An Alsip Voter
Dear Alsip Voter,
My name is Chris Murphy, candidate for Village Trustee
Parishioner of St. Terrence Parish

Normally I don’t involve myself in Blog sites, but this needs addressing.
First, a mistake was made, not by Tom Collins or the rest of the Integrity Party, but by me.
I requested that the Blood Drive, Operation Rice Bowl, and Cosmic Bowling be posted not to our website, but to our party’s calendar (a separate site for viewing email and community events within the Village). The intent was to increase participation from our party to support these very worthwhile events.

Being a Chef, I have participated in The Soup Supper (which benefits Operation Rice Bowl) every year, the Blood Drive, when I am able and qualify for it, and
Cosmic Bowling? Well, I bowl every Tuesday and thought hey, it might be fun.
A mistake was made. Simply, it was sent to the wrong site. That’s it.

Let it be known I have participated in most parish functions long before I had any political ambitions and will continue to do so. You have been misinformed in that Fr. Barrett brought this to MY attention not Tom’s Monday morning and I had the events removed from the site immediately.

If anyone reading this would like to personally talk to me, please feel free to knock on my door.

Sincerely,
Chris Murphy
4301 W. 119th PL
Alsip, IL 60803
Watching U from Arizona

Peru, IL

#20 Mar 5, 2009
Mr. Murphy,

No one else really knows if you made this “mistake” or you are just taking the blame for it and really that is irrelevant because the party as a whole is responsible. And I don’t think anyone would doubt the worthwhile merits of these or any other church sponsored events or question your motivation for your participation. There are many people that do believe that Mr. Collins does use his position for far less honorable intentions. The fact remains, they are church events and do not belong on any political website. Maybe you could post a link to this other site as no one seems to know about it. These were not billed as St. Terrence events anywhere and had the appearance of being sponsored by your party.(“On March 2nd we will share a simple supper of soup and bread in the Fr. Riordan Center from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. A free will offering will be taken up for Operation Rice Bowl.” And “Cosmic Bowling party On Sunday March 8th At Eagles Bowl 2427 Grove Blue Island $5.00 per person includes pizza, pop, bowling, shoe rental and door prizes!!$5.00 per person bring your family!!”) It’s hard to believe that nobody from your party noticed that it was on the Integrity Party site by mistake and the obvious admission of St. Terrence on all three notices for however many days it was posted until you were notified by the Pastor. Doesn’t anyone monitor what is placed on the Integrity Party website? What would happen to the village if members of your party ran it the in the same irresponsible manner as they are running their campaign?

Thank you for your response,

Alsip Voter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alsip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 1 hr It Is So 53
Stevo at the City Council meeting 5 hr clown control 36
Don't Be Fooled ...Are You Rain Ready Survey 6 hr Election 2017 8
Hillary 2016 ...Lock Her Up 6 hr Where the taxes 16
Did you attend tonight's Flooding meeting at Pa... 6 hr Will of the People 1
Carmine and Fred Bilotto Accosted Resident afte... 7 hr Defend BIPD 89
Homeless Beggars on SW Hwy & Harlem (Dec '14) 7 hr live free 8

Alsip Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance