More Jobs Folks
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom

Cookeville, TN

#1 Feb 1, 2013
Under President Obama ,The US gains 157K jobs, jobless rate rises to 7.9 pct.
U.S. employers added 157,000 jobs in January and hiring was stronger over the past two years than previously thought, providing reassurance that the job market held steady while economic growth sputtered. Full Story >>
billy bob

Rickman, TN

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Where are all these jobs tell us please .
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Tom, the other half of that story is that job-less applications were also up by 368,000 or more out of work than the 157,000 hired, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
sad

Columbia, SC

#4 Feb 1, 2013
If your not drawing unemployment, your not counted in that rate, and lots down here have stopped drawing. Out of sight, out of mind. This area is not for jobs, people live here because they dont want to live in the city, you have to drive at least a hour to find work. Plants do not move where there isnt a major highway. I heard this last night on a movie, and its the truth, when you drive 2 hours outside a city, everyplace looks like Ky,,,there right.
billy bob

Rickman, TN

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Hell sad don't know how long you have lived around here but I Have lived here for 56 years . I was born here . There use to be work here till nafta went thru . But I forgot Al Gore saying on cnn before it was signed he said nafta wouldn't affect any jobs in the united states . He should have listened to Ross Pero when he said if it is signed you'll hear a slow sucking sound an that will be the American jobs leaving the United States . Guess who was right Ross or Al well it damn sure wasn't Al was it .
Tom

Livingston, TN

#6 Feb 2, 2013
billy bob wrote:
Where are all these jobs tell us please .
Do you read any thing but Tipixs?
Tom

Livingston, TN

#7 Feb 2, 2013
billy bob wrote:
Hell sad don't know how long you have lived around here but I Have lived here for 56 years . I was born here . There use to be work here till nafta went thru . But I forgot Al Gore saying on cnn before it was signed he said nafta wouldn't affect any jobs in the united states . He should have listened to Ross Pero when he said if it is signed you'll hear a slow sucking sound an that will be the American jobs leaving the United States . Guess who was right Ross or Al well it damn sure wasn't Al was it .
Billly Bob they dont make furniture or shirts in the USA anymore and thank George W.Bush for that.
Learn a Trade and you can work..
tennessee preppers

Livingston, TN

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Billly Bob they dont make furniture or shirts in the USA anymore and thank George W.Bush for that.
Yep go to China and find a job or maybe some shovel ready jobs Obama say was coming.

“Harper Valley Mom”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9 Feb 2, 2013
There are 20,000 people that live in Overton County.
I know its hard but if people would spend there money here when they can, there would be a few more jobs for these high school seniors graduating soon.
Why not spend your vacation near here this year and next year, While its true some jobs may just be service orientated for a time, Businesses do look at tax revenue before relocating as well as a positive and motivated atmosphere of a community.
Its a struggle in these times but I do try to stay away from Cookeville when I can. Its still a great place to live, Overton County
hoosierdaddy

Jamestown, TN

#10 Feb 2, 2013
the real ms johnson wrote:
I know its hard but if people would spend there money here when they can, there would be a few more jobs for these high school seniors graduating soon.
Why not spend your vacation near here this year and next year, While its true some jobs may just be service orientated for a time, Businesses do look at tax revenue before relocating as well as a positive and motivated atmosphere of a community.
Its a struggle in these times but I do try to stay away from Cookeville when I can. Its still a great place to live, Overton County
OOPS! Don't read my other post on other thread!
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#11 Feb 2, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Demo Tom but Mr. Clinton signed this bill into law on Dec. 8, 1993. It was called NAFTA.
Anonymous

Livingston, TN

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Demo Tom but Mr. Clinton signed this bill into law on Dec. 8, 1993. It was called NAFTA.
Sorry Billy Do your Homework...... On Dec. 17th 1992..Prime Minister Brian Mulrony,(Canada)....Mexican president Carlos Salinas and U. S. president George H. W. Bush met in San Antonio Texas to sign NAFTA....NAFTA was spearheaded by George H. W. Bush. NAFTA had to be ratified. Voted by supporters ..... House of Rep. votes were 132 Republicans....102 Democrats...... Senate votes 34 Republicans....27 Democrats..... as you can see the majority of yes votes were Republicans...... by the time Clinton came into office it was A done deal. also Canada tried to back out....but it was too late.
who cares

Livingston, TN

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Billy Do your Homework...... On Dec. 17th 1992..Prime Minister Brian Mulrony,(Canada)....Mexican president Carlos Salinas and U. S. president George H. W. Bush met in San Antonio Texas to sign NAFTA....NAFTA was spearheaded by George H. W. Bush. NAFTA had to be ratified. Voted by supporters ..... House of Rep. votes were 132 Republicans....102 Democrats...... Senate votes 34 Republicans....27 Democrats..... as you can see the majority of yes votes were Republicans...... by the time Clinton came into office it was A done deal. also Canada tried to back out....but it was too late.
Then why did Clinton keep saying it would create jobs in this country and just why did he sign it if he thought it was bad for this country and take credit for it?
Anonymous

Livingston, TN

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Ask Billy,
Never vote repubican

Jamestown, TN

#15 Feb 2, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Clinton keep saying it would create jobs in this country and just why did he sign it if he thought it was bad for this country and take credit for it?
Read and learn, Dumbass.

“Harper Valley Mom”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#16 Feb 2, 2013
hoosierdaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS! Don't read my other post on other thread!
Too late, 50 lashes with an O'Charleys cocktail napkin
Hope you made it ok !
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Ask Billy,
Mr. Clinton signed NAFTA because unlike Mr. Oabama, he would work across the asile. This is why he was a popular President. I think his bigest problems was chasing skirts, however with a wife like he has I really don't blame him.
Mrs Clinton

Livingston, TN

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Billy be at McDonalds , 6am tommorow morning. Bus leaving for jobs in Mexico, be the first one on it!
hoosierdaddy

Jamestown, TN

#19 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Too late, 50 lashes with an O'Charleys cocktail napkin
Hope you made it ok !
I made a very productive visit to the flea market in the mall. Only stop I made so I didn't contribute much to their economy!
sad

Columbia, SC

#20 Feb 3, 2013
I dont think you realize that we dont have money to spend after paying the electric, phone, water, insurance for home and car, gas to drive to work over three dollars a gallon, then if were lucky, we may have a few dollars for grocerys. Thsts all the people spend money on here after we get paid. We do not have money left over to spend in town, like in the good old days. I remember going to town every Saturday with my grandpa,,,of course we only got a quarter to spend there. I havent been to a doctor in eight years, I dont have health insurance, now I have to save for that or my tax refund, which is the only extra money I ever have will be gone. Im fixing my roof this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven Castle Sheriff 2018 7 min Shaggy 30
Driving 40MPH 2 hr Professional Drun... 14
Desiree Kato 2 hr Big Mac 11
deer hunting (Jan '11) 4 hr Grandma 49
Jackie campos 6 hr Linda 7
uaw in hutcinson 6 hr ABC This 548
winninghams 8 hr its over now 68

Alpine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance