Review: Unique Tan
Just Me

Pelzer, SC

#22 Feb 22, 2010
You ladies are cracking me up...it's a tanning salon for crying out loud...more of this and we can start "The Real Housewives of Gwinnett County"...screaming, swearig and pulling hair over tanning salons!!! What a RIOT!!!!!
Red24

Atlanta, GA

#23 Feb 23, 2010
What does him being Hispanic have to do with?
Trixiecupcake wrote:
Yeah but you call to ask their prices they want you to come in of course for the hard sell which is BAD business to me. Had my daughter call and they wouldn't answer her question about packages and promos. And I noticed no one here who has posted lists the prices they paid which makes me assume these posts are shrills. I could care less what the guy looks like (he's Hispanic btw)or whether he graduated from Mill Creek (loser school). I want a website and prices!
stay home

Atlanta, GA

#24 Dec 8, 2010
Trixiecupcake wrote:
Yeah but when you call to ask their prices they want you to come in of course for the hard sell which is BAD business to me. Had my daughter call and they wouldn't answer her question about packages and promos. And I noticed no one here who has posted lists the prices they paid which makes me assume these posts are shrills. I could care less what the guy looks like (he's Hispanic btw)or whether he graduated from Mill Creek (loser school). I want a website and prices!
my suggestion is to stay out of dacula
unique tanner

United States

#25 Dec 21, 2010
Dacula Diva wrote:
I get a spray at Unique almost every week. It always looks great. sometimes if your wearing some perfume or if you put on a lotion before you go in there it wont work well on your skin. I usually go straight out of the shower up there. If you had any problems Im sure they would fix it for free. They are great people up there. cuz it sounds like it worked just not as dark as you had hoped.
I agree, I have received spray tans before and you just need to know what you are doing before just stopping by a salon. You have to exfoliate, and use no lotions or deodorant. Afterwards they say not to shower for 6 hours, but I waited 12 hours. You should wear baggy clothing and be as cool as possible, sweat can remove just applied airbrush tanning. As with any self tanner, tanning lotion, or spray tan; you will lose color after showering. You can't use any oli-based lotion because it deactivates and you will lose your color. You just need to know what you're doing.
unique tanner

United States

#26 Dec 21, 2010
Trixiecupcake wrote:
Yeah but when you call to ask their prices they want you to come in of course for the hard sell which is BAD business to me. Had my daughter call and they wouldn't answer her question about packages and promos. And I noticed no one here who has posted lists the prices they paid which makes me assume these posts are shrills. I could care less what the guy looks like (he's Hispanic btw)or whether he graduated from Mill Creek (loser school). I want a website and prices!
You may want to think about adding their facebook page then. And, considering that all Gwinnett county schools were the number one schools in the nation until 2009 you may also want to rethink your '(loser school)' comment. And clearly the hispanic comment had to do with jealousy, considering you or your daughter want a tan, you both clearly don't have one. Enjoy getting burnt and paying way too much at other salons, which I have tried most, it is great to know none of the other unique tan salon goers will not have to deal with any ignorance.
MILL CREEK blondie

Lithonia, GA

#27 Jan 23, 2011
Trixiecupcake wrote:
Don't hate us cause we're beautiful and have money... sorry bitch :)
DACULA MOMMA

Jonesboro, GA

#28 Jul 25, 2011
I absolutely LOVE Unique Tan! I have been a loyal customer for some time now. I feel like family, best tanning salon in all dacula area, in my opinion! Sweet understandable owner. If I am running late from work or etc and I call they stay open and wait for me and let me tan. It is the smallest things like that that make me feel special and well cared for. I would recommend to everyone and give it five stars!!!

Since: Jun 11

Detroit, MI

#29 Jul 26, 2011
Hmillmom wrote:
I have three daughters(which all like to tan). Believe me it gets expensive taking all of us to a salon!! Well i have tried all the competition;Cabana Tan, Outback, Tango, aris. Unique tan is the most affordable and my girls say they have never gotten this kind of color after only a few visits! The guy behind the counter was very nice and knowledgable. He helped us through everything. This place definitly needs to be on your list if you are a tanner. I am glad this place is open!
Try not to tan often. Not good for ur skin
Blondie xoxo

United States

#30 Oct 1, 2011
Thank you guys sooooo much. I will never go anywhere else! I tried 24hr tan because they were having a special BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!! There spray tan turned me into an umpa lumpa NO JOKE! The people at unique are so professional and actually know what they are doing they fixed it and now it looks 100 TIMES BETTER!!
ddbabe

Jonesboro, GA

#31 Oct 18, 2011
Dacula Diva wrote:
I get a spray at Unique almost every week. It always looks great. sometimes if your wearing some perfume or if you put on a lotion before you go in there it wont work well on your skin. I usually go straight out of the shower up there. If you had any problems Im sure they would fix it for free. They are great people up there. cuz it sounds like it worked just not as dark as you had hoped.
Yeah they are SO nice I got a spray tan done for a dinner I was going to one evening and made a huge dumb mistake, but I went to give my dog a bath and got my arms wet:/ not soaking wet but their were definitely spots from the water drops. Anyways, I was FREAKING out but fortunately it was not too late and I went back and they fixed it for free and it ended up looking great. They really know what they are doing and stand behind their word like they say. I was scared they would not fix it or be mean like some places where I have experienced that but they really are so sweet.They welcomed me like family or a close friend would and really make me feel comfortable. I love Unique Tan!
lovemylab

Jonesboro, GA

#32 Oct 19, 2011
Blondie xoxo wrote:
Thank you guys sooooo much. I will never go anywhere else! I tried 24hr tan because they were having a special BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!! There spray tan turned me into an umpa lumpa NO JOKE! The people at unique are so professional and actually know what they are doing they fixed it and now it looks 100 TIMES BETTER!!
The same exact thing happened to me!!! I learned my lesson and never again made the same mistake. Love Unique!
Mhird

Buford, GA

#33 Feb 5, 2012
I have gone to unique tab many times since it
Opened. The prices are great, it's clean, and you can tell they really take pride in themselves as a whole. I got a spray tan for my wedding in June and it was the best spray tan I've ever gotten. The color soaked into my skin beautifully and it looked so natural!
I also want to say for those of you critizing the owner. I have known him since high school and he is an awesome person who has done so well for himself. Why bash him? As for the moron who called him a pedophile... That's an awful claim that has no merrit and you should be ashamed of your self. To you, I'll just say GOD BLESS!( and we all in the south really knows what that means in this context)
Tori Greer

United States

#34 Apr 24, 2012
Not sure how these comments on yp are good ones! This salon is bunch of young teens that try to.appear as if they know what theyre talking about! It cost Entirely to much! Not to mention the employees are clasic "jersey shore" type air heads!
Overall i found 24hr.tan to be best in area! Prices, beds, customer service and 24hr access sold me! Cant ask for more!!!
stacy

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#35 Jun 18, 2012
Tori Greer wrote:
Not sure how these comments on yp are good ones! This salon is bunch of young teens that try to.appear as if they know what theyre talking about! It cost Entirely to much! Not to mention the employees are clasic "jersey shore" type air heads!
Overall i found 24hr.tan to be best in area! Prices, beds, customer service and 24hr access sold me! Cant ask for more!!!
I have to disagree. I love unique tan, and have been tanning there a little after it first opened. I've never seen "young jersey shore air heads" working there. That is hilarious. That's like saying whoever is tan or works at a tanning salon is "jersey shore" or an "oomploompa". People amuse me! I know the owner is a successful young man in his MID 20's , a young lady that works there is about 22 which I believe they're related, by the way I love that they are SO sweet, and another blonde lady that is in her late 20's or in her 30's, I believe. How are those "teenagers"? Another case of speaking before you think. In my opinion, don't read nonsense like the kind above me, just go see for yourself:)
stacy

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#36 Jun 18, 2012
Last comment, promise:), but I'm so glad I have moved back to the Dacula area. There were no good tanning salons where I was living/working at. I've missed the unique salon. Plus, I am back with family and friends! Some reviews I've read on this site are crazy. Seriously, go see for yourselves about anything and come up with your own ideas or thoughts, like me.Everyone have a great day!
AnJ

United States

#37 Oct 6, 2012
Unique Tan is a GREAT tanning salon! I had tried to set up a new membership with 24 Hour Tanning in Dacula, but 40 minutes after they were supposed to be open (11:40am on a Saturday), there was still no one there and no one answering the number listed on the door. Got online and saw numerous, similar bad reviews and found Unique Tan. Super friendly, knowledgeable, helpful... and open when they say they are!:)(p.s. I have no idea why this site shows me as being in Raleigh... I'm in Dacula).
Stop it

Cameron, NC

#38 Oct 18, 2012
Good place
Dacula

Dacula, GA

#39 Feb 10, 2013
The salon is amazing , but the guy behind the counter is a creep !! I think if he was more professional instead of flirty , it would be an enjoyable place to go too. Always a different girl behind the counter with him , makes things awkward . Love Vanessa , always a joy to see her there. Time for a change
Angry

Lawrenceville, GA

#40 Mar 15, 2013
I have been going to a differetn tanning bed for almost two months,and everything was fine. I went to Unique tanning 2 times and I got these white bumps all over me. My body was burning, but i wasnt sunburnt. Come to find out their tanning beds gave me a fungus all over my body.
Jennifer

Union City, GA

#41 Apr 9, 2013
I don't get what those last two reviews are about. The young tanning guy has always been completely professional and makes it obvious he cares about his work. The owners made a great choice in hiring him. As far as cleanliness, that place is always clean it sounds like that "angry" person picked up a disease at the other place she went for two months and after "2 times" blames unique? I was impressed with this place from the moment I walked in. I suggest you walk in and check it out and see for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpharetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 24 min RMGHispanic Causi... 2,072
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Alpharetta, GA Jun 19 Kaykay5985 11
News Law Student Charged With Murder (Mar '08) Jun 11 Perplexed 142
News Third Suspect in Roswell Store Owner Murder Wan... (Jul '08) Jun 8 Group 4
News Shane Co. jewelry store files for bankruptcy (Jan '09) May '16 Atlantakid 17
Say "NO" to Boosterthon Fun Runs in our schools (Oct '08) May '16 Dad that earns 570
whose kid did the Alpharetta mom allegedly screw? May '16 jimbo 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alpharetta Mortgages