James Brown's Son-In-Law Accused Of Rape

James Brown's Son-In-Law Accused Of Rape

There are 175 comments on the Wsbtv.com story from Jul 27, 2006, titled James Brown's Son-In-Law Accused Of Rape. In it, Wsbtv.com reports that:

The son-in-law of entertainer James Brown is a wanted man in Fulton County. An arrest warrant has been issued for Darren Anthony Lumar - a prominent Atlanta businessman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wsbtv.com.

FYI

College Station, TX

#148 Nov 13, 2008
His funeral is in Kennesaw not Louisiana this Saturday.
FYI

College Station, TX

#149 Nov 13, 2008
Regardless of the evidence or what a person(s) have done in their life. We are created by GOD and judged only by him. SO lets be human and keep ungodly and negativity to yourselves. It is NOT right or GODLY to talk negative about the Dead May "CHIP" R.I.P

Ask yourself this:

Could people say the same thing that You're dishing out about you? How would you feel if you passed away and GOD wouldn't let you rest because individuals are speaking ill well on your soul?

That's life and the process of death.

Let their be peace where there should be and please get on with your lives because one thing you can
APPRECIATE
is that you're still alive and I'm sure if he was still living he would dare waist his time talking about any of you but drinking his favorite drink and lighting up his Cigar talking about Masons and what is to become with his success/COMPANY and HIS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
Say what

Tifton, GA

#150 Nov 14, 2008
Face it, he was not the only crook in the family, just the one that is now dead. His wife is not a Doctor( a nurse assistant), he had no degrees. His brothers were low lifes just like him. He was a fraud and he crossed the wrong person who came after him( he should have done it through the law).
Cruz 4270

United States

#151 Nov 14, 2008
god bless Mr. chip and his family
Jake Styles

Houston, TX

#152 Nov 15, 2008
Knew Darren from Houston and from back home in Louisiana. Around "home folks" he was always down to earth. A little braggard at times but who doesnt know folks like that. But overall never was out of line with me or our family. Good guy who seemed to gotten caught up in being "big time". Remember a convo we had once . He said " Never break Gods Law, and Never Break Man's Law, all else is Fair Game". Somehow he got terribly off track. Sad situation for a young guy from New Orleans who got caught up in a personna he created. God Bless his family, parents, and love ones.
Aphro

Phenix City, AL

#153 Nov 15, 2008
Still Standing Tall wrote:
<quoted text>
it's acutally a daughter and son. We thank you for you prayers, we really do; please continue to pray for us. We need them all; information is also very well appreciated, so if you have any, please let me know on this blog. Any, info you give, will kept in the strictist of confidence.
I don't know why I thought he had 2 daughters?? However, I do know that he loved his kids. Again, condolences goes out again. His fam will be in my prayers.
Wow

Milwaukee, WI

#154 Nov 15, 2008
This is just too much. I started reading the comments and I must admit I got pissed off at how it appears this man lived his life. I don't even know him and I was livid and felt for those who were affected by the actions that are spoken of here. But I guess when someone does something to hurt you so deeply, you get mad and you lash out. You want them to suffer for it. I've been there. But... wow. I guess he paid for it. This is such a sad state of affairs for everyone involved. As an outsider, I grieve for those who were wronged. I grieve for his soul. And I grieve for his friends and family. I'm rambling because I don't know what to say except that I hope peace comes to all involved. I hate to see my people going through these types of things. You are all in my prayers.
Just Me

United States

#155 Nov 16, 2008
For those interested in the Funeral..The second one was in Atlanta yesterday. He is with the father now..... I too got a chance to have Darren in my life for a brief time. Our first encounter was very strange but we talk about God for over 2 hours and despite all that he may or may not have done....I believe in my heart that he wanted to be a better person, although he was not forthcoming to me with whom he really was when we met... I can see why now. We had numerous talks about God and his children (of which he loved very much). I pray for the all the children of this world that we live in. I hope we can all let him rest in peace.
Just Me

United States

#156 Nov 16, 2008
Correction for FYI.... the funeral was in forest park, GA and the body was laid to rest in Kennesaw. In Final, Yes We met this year, he didnt try to rape me...We didn't always get along but I know he knew God at the time of his death. I forgave him because I know that God forgives me... To the family...my heart goes out to you and to Darren Anthony "Chip" Lumar...REST IN PEACE
Think

Atlanta, GA

#157 Nov 20, 2008
It amazes me how people want to throw God into the picture. The Bible says do not steal. He stole people's savings by selling them lies with the goal of buying big houses, cars. They lost everything so he could drive a Mercedes. He rented homes and destroyed them causing the owners thousands of dollars to repair. Now, people want to call on God. Why didn't these same people offer him help and much needed counseling before now? You can not live a life of sin and call on the Lord AFTER the fact. Each day is a new day to start new. HE chose to lie, steal, and cheat. LIVE BY THE SWORD AND DIE BY THE SWORD.
Think

Atlanta, GA

#158 Nov 20, 2008
Just Me wrote:
Correction for FYI.... the funeral was in forest park, GA and the body was laid to rest in Kennesaw. In Final, Yes We met this year, he didnt try to rape me...We didn't always get along but I know he knew God at the time of his death. I forgave him because I know that God forgives me... To the family...my heart goes out to you and to Darren Anthony "Chip" Lumar...REST IN PEACE
I met him and he was all over me like a cheap suit. He kept trying to kiss me and come into the restroom while I attempting to use the bathroom. He gave me the CREEPS! I ran.
Man on Fire

Austin, TX

#159 Nov 20, 2008
Not to condone anything Darren did but nobody had the right to take his life. To his killer(s), we will hunt you down like the animal you truly are and justice will prevail. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
Man on Fire

Austin, TX

#160 Nov 20, 2008
Say what wrote:
Face it, he was not the only crook in the family, just the one that is now dead. His wife is not a Doctor( a nurse assistant), he had no degrees. His brothers were low lifes just like him. He was a fraud and he crossed the wrong person who came after him( he should have done it through the law).
His wife is a pharmacist(holds a phD). He had only 1 brother(younger brother died over 7 years ago). You can say this now but you couldn't tell this to him in person. The internet is the perfect medium for punks like you to say things that you don't have the courage to say to someone's face. You are one weak individual.
Man on Fire

Austin, TX

#161 Nov 22, 2008
F Chip wrote:
He was not killed mid-afternoon, he was shot and killed around 11:30 pm sitting in his car in his driveway. He drove himself to the hospital and later died.
"F Chip", sounds like you need to get something off your chest? Can I be of any assistance?
Ms Man on Fire

Atlanta, GA

#162 Nov 26, 2008
Where were you when Chip was stealing? Why didn't you offer him any money? Now, you say that people hide behind the web but Chip stole from so many until NO ONE has a clue who could have done it. This tuff talk makes me laugh.... Why didn't you help him before he was killed? The man clearly needed someone. I think he was mentally disabled be it that he sucked his thumb and never brushed his teeth. Why didn't you send him to Charter? Grady? Take him in? What did YOU do to help this man get his life straight?
Yo FOR REAL

United States

#163 Nov 28, 2008
My goodness, let the man and his fam rest already. I'm starting to think that all that disliked him are all confused?? You al stya talking smack about him. He is gone. Isn't that enough already. Damn!! This doesn't ,make any sense. For him to have had so many people who hated him and such, you all spend an ample amount of time on here talking about him. GOODNESS GRIEF!!
Atlanta

Atlanta, GA

#164 Dec 1, 2008
Yo FOR REAL wrote:
My goodness, let the man and his fam rest already. I'm starting to think that all that disliked him are all confused?? You al stya talking smack about him. He is gone. Isn't that enough already. Damn!! This doesn't ,make any sense. For him to have had so many people who hated him and such, you all spend an ample amount of time on here talking about him. GOODNESS GRIEF!!
You do dirt....You get dirt...I don't hate him but sure as hell can't stand his nasty behind...He gave me the creeps. YUCK!!!
Man on Fire

Austin, TX

#165 Dec 1, 2008
As I said before, I don't condone any of the stealing he is accused of. We all are responsible for our actions and he should have been held accountable for his. However, to take his life. For someone out there to decide that they can choose if he would live or die. That's unacceptable and the person(s) that did this will be held accountable for taking him away from his children. It may take a while but we will not give up until that justice is served.
A friend

Atlanta, GA

#166 Dec 2, 2008
Say what wrote:
Face it, he was not the only crook in the family, just the one that is now dead. His wife is not a Doctor( a nurse assistant), he had no degrees. His brothers were low lifes just like him. He was a fraud and he crossed the wrong person who came after him( he should have done it through the law).
Why would you choose to comment without appropriate facts or even knowing a person. If he was a crook that is something he had to deal with and eventually suffered the consequenses. Did you "know" his wife. She actually has a doctorate degree from Mercer University. Did you "know" his brothers to call them low lifes. I think it is just very sad to see people spend so much time on bashing a person or even other people in his life. I agree with a great deal of other people that have written. It is unfortunate that he has done such things to so many people but I believe that we all are responsible about making our "own" decisions. I'm not saying you deserved it but we must all take these actions as life lessons learned. My prayers go out to his family and people that loved and cared for him especially his children whom I know personally and miss him tremendously. I also pray for those that were wronged by Darren be made whole by God once again...
I agree

Washington, DC

#167 Dec 3, 2008
A friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you choose to comment without appropriate facts or even knowing a person. If he was a crook that is something he had to deal with and eventually suffered the consequenses. Did you "know" his wife. She actually has a doctorate degree from Mercer University. Did you "know" his brothers to call them low lifes. I think it is just very sad to see people spend so much time on bashing a person or even other people in his life. I agree with a great deal of other people that have written. It is unfortunate that he has done such things to so many people but I believe that we all are responsible about making our "own" decisions. I'm not saying you deserved it but we must all take these actions as life lessons learned. My prayers go out to his family and people that loved and cared for him especially his children whom I know personally and miss him tremendously. I also pray for those that were wronged by Darren be made whole by God once again...
AMEN!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpharetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Choe's HapKiDo Martial Arts Duluth Georgia (Apr '15) 6 hr SMJ 5
Say "NO" to Boosterthon Fun Runs in our schools (Oct '08) Wed A very concerned Kid 611
GA Car Mart is a RIPOFF!!! (Jun '08) Sep 28 Kay 179
News Couple found dead in Roswell home (Jul '07) Sep 23 Bystander 7
Team Georgia Sep 21 Malibu 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Alpharetta, GA (Jun '16) Sep '17 mbloom 44
Horny Women (Sep '13) Aug '17 hey 5

Alpharetta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alpharetta Mortgages