Bicyclist dies from collision in Rosw...

Bicyclist dies from collision in Roswell's Big Creek Park; son calls for park redesign

There are 10 comments on the 11Alive story from Feb 17, 2012, titled Bicyclist dies from collision in Roswell's Big Creek Park; son calls for park redesign. In it, 11Alive reports that:

ROSWELL, Ga. -- Barbara Nicholas, a mother and grandmother who was an experienced bicyclist, died February 4 of injuries she suffered nearly 17 months ago, in a head-on collision with other cyclists at Big Creek Park and Greenway in Roswell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 11Alive.

Tony

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2012
The sad thing is that the cyclist who hit this women, still rides too fast on the trail. I see him all the time. It never slowed him down. And there still is no divider line separating the traffic.
paul

Cumming, GA

#2 Feb 19, 2012
i ride the full greenway three times aweek, the greenway is not dangerous or unsafe, there are people that use the greenway that are thoughtless about safety and the proper use of this fine path, this is where the danger lies.walkers,joggers,skaters and cyclists plug their hearing with ipods, drowning out the surrounding feedback from the shared path traffic. users with small children should keep a close eye on their young ones, they a very unpredictable. i use this knowledge and apply it to everyone within my sight on the bike path, everyone is a small child and can be very unpredictable with their actions, my alert safety switch is on at all times while rideing the path.
jim

Canton, GA

#3 Feb 19, 2012
Should just band all bikes from parks and roads.

More that get ran over the better.
Stoneddoc

Tucker, GA

#4 Feb 19, 2012
Your lack of grasp on the English language, and the readiness with which you butcher that language like a freshly slaughtered steer are evidence enough why people like yourself should keep their mouths shut.

Dumbass.
tony

Canton, GA

#5 Feb 19, 2012
Everytime one gets hit by a car, I laugh my ass off, wife feels the same way.
Vickie

Roswell, GA

#6 Feb 20, 2012
tony wrote:
Everytime one gets hit by a car, I laugh my ass off, wife feels the same way.
You will have a different point of view when someone you know or love gets hit by some hateful person like you. No need to be angry at bicyclers. They have a right to the road, just like you -- and your wife.
Arbor Hill Rd

Canton, GA

#7 Feb 25, 2012
Personally, I'm sick of these bikers and hope more get ran over.
Ted

Locust Grove, GA

#8 Feb 29, 2012
Many of you people have major issues in life and need to look for professional help. This bicyclist was on a trail MADE for bicycles.
It is all exactly like Paul says, it is recklessness that causes it all which is no different that the roads and cars in Atlanta. The word "accident" is continually used. But if southerners only knew what that term meant, they would know better than to call everything an accident. It is aggressiveness by people like tony, Arbor Hill Rd and jim that cause these incidents.
The cops in Atlanta sitting on their asses not doing their jobs but a little here and there does not help.
GaryL

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Jul 3, 2017
Too many road bikes breaking the 15 mph limit....this is a casual bike riding trail, not a road bike traning course
j cordell stephen

United States

#11 Jan 24, 2018
#slutgod

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpharetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking to Test Drive a 2005-2007 Jeep Grand Ch... Wed pmv 1
Cops arrest 65yr old woman & abuse her. Aug 8 RP McMurphy 5
News Patsy buried beside JonBenet (Jun '06) Aug 6 Blue Bottle 284
News Phish Begins 2018 Alpharetta Run - Recap, Setli... Aug 6 inbred Genius 1
Coin Toss Cops Fired Jul 29 Charles 3
Restaurants in Cumming Georgia why am very lame Jul 25 Stfu johnnyg 2
News Columbus lifts itself up, no longer among most ... (Mar '17) Jul '18 Victor 78

Alpharetta Jobs

Personal Finance

Alpharetta Mortgages