Fulton Science Academy denies Turkish...

Fulton Science Academy denies Turkish Imam links, fights audit

There are 5 comments on the 11 Alive story from Jun 8, 2012, titled Fulton Science Academy denies Turkish Imam links, fights audit. In it, 11 Alive reports that:

ALPHARETTA, Ga.-- The audit of Fulton Science Academy paints a picture of a school skirting the rules.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 11 Alive.

Angela Lassetter

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2012
I would also like to add that $0.00 tax dollars were used to pay for OPTIONAL international trips! All participants pay for their own trips or they are paid through the student activity fund which again IS NOT funded with tax payor dollars. A few students won trips by their exemplary efforts in the Turkish Olympiad competition and are paid for by the organizers of the competition. This is a competition that FSA students taking Turkish as a foreign language participate in to reinforce their subject material.

Further, this so called audit report inaccurately depicts that 'customers' were taken to Turkey. The school does not have customers. The individuals tagged as 'customers' were students, parents, or teachers.

It is interesting that although Dr. Avossa KNOWS that no conflict of interest or self dealing exists or has ever existed that he continues to level this accusation publicly. Again I ask, "Where is the PROOF to substantiate this claim?"

Also FCSS lawyer, Hale, has stated to the media that FSA had plenty of time to respond to thier audit. I don' t see how that is possible since the media received it a full day before FSA did.

Everyone should go to www.fsamiddle.org and click on State Petition on the left side. Go to Item 11 and view the answer and view the supporting documentation to see that FSA in no way impeded the FCS audit.

FSA has SOME Turkish or Turkish-American teachers and administrators. So what? They may or may not practice Islam. So what? Their personal beliefs and practices are no ones business provided they are not dissiminating them in the classroom or at school activities and they are not doing this. There has not been 1 allegation of this in 10 years! Just for the record more than 80% of the teachers at FSA are Americans!!!!!
Gulenicis

Fresno, CA

#2 Jun 9, 2012
Angela Lassetter wrote:
I would also like to add that $0.00 tax dollars were used to pay for OPTIONAL international trips! All participants pay for their own trips or they are paid through the student activity fund which again IS NOT funded with tax payor dollars. A few students won trips by their exemplary efforts in the Turkish Olympiad competition and are paid for by the organizers of the competition. This is a competition that FSA students taking Turkish as a foreign language participate in to reinforce their subject material.
Further, this so called audit report inaccurately depicts that 'customers' were taken to Turkey. The school does not have customers. The individuals tagged as 'customers' were students, parents, or teachers.
It is interesting that although Dr. Avossa KNOWS that no conflict of interest or self dealing exists or has ever existed that he continues to level this accusation publicly. Again I ask, "Where is the PROOF to substantiate this claim?"
Also FCSS lawyer, Hale, has stated to the media that FSA had plenty of time to respond to thier audit. I don' t see how that is possible since the media received it a full day before FSA did.
Everyone should go to www.fsamiddle.org and click on State Petition on the left side. Go to Item 11 and view the answer and view the supporting documentation to see that FSA in no way impeded the FCS audit.
FSA has SOME Turkish or Turkish-American teachers and administrators. So what? They may or may not practice Islam. So what? Their personal beliefs and practices are no ones business provided they are not dissiminating them in the classroom or at school activities and they are not doing this. There has not been 1 allegation of this in 10 years! Just for the record more than 80% of the teachers at FSA are Americans!!!!!
Fetos sends his love from Allah to Fulton Science Academy. F. Gulen has prayed for you and added the terrible news about the audit to the F. Gulen web site. Gulen, as mentioned on "60 minutes" rarely leaves his compound in Poconos, PA where he is under self-imposed exile. As Bekir Aksoy explained to Lesley Stahl when she asked "if Gulen had visited his schools in his backyard Pennsylvania" Bekir replied "Mr. Gulen enjoys knowing of the fruits of his work" The school Lesley Stahl was speaking about was Truebright Science Academy which was DENIED their charter the same week Fulton Science Academy was for the same reasons: lying, lack of accountability, lack of transparency, and more.
HEre is the link to F. Gulen's website and his article about HIS Fulton Science Academy:
http://www.fethullahgulen.org/press-room/news...

Dear Ms. Lassetter;
If you feel that Bank of America has lied, that the County and State Board of Education are unfair, or that the IAG forensic auditors were inaccurate. Why don't you and your Hizmet buddies file a complaint and a lawsuit to clear your name?

What are you willing to give up in discovery to prove that the fact based reports are all just conspiracy theories or wrong? What proof do you have that all of this is just inaccurate?

The fact is, it is all true. Besides, your school is now CLOSED as a public Charter School and will have to survive as a private school. I would suggest you change the name of the school and try to change the image. The PR people at http://www.bm.com can help you they help their sister school Harmony Science Academy try to bury all of their lies and "secrets" that the Gulencis are sworn to protect. You have been had.
Turkish Olympiad

Fresno, CA

#3 Jun 9, 2012
The International Turkish Olympiad was held in Turkey this week with over 1000 students from Gulen operated schools in over 100 countries.
The Turkish Olympiad is Gulen's showcase of creating Turkish sympathizers and future jannisaries for his "golden generation" he hopes to create from the Turkish schools. The schools are not about education, they all lie they are award winning, etc., the truth is the schools in Turkey are the worst in the world ranked 32 out of 34 countries just above Chile and Mexico.
Ms. Lassetter only knows what is spoon fed to her and has no idea what she speaks about.
Here is the article in Turkish newspaper that mentions the students from Gulen schools.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/fortunately-...
Fulton Science Academy

Fresno, CA

#4 Jun 9, 2012
Angela Lassetter on the news:

"Lassetter said she's read about the alleged connection in conspiracy blogs. But earlier this week, A New York Times article titled "Audits for 3 Georgia Charter Schools Tied to Gulen Movement" said "schools in Georgia run by followers of Fethullah Gulen, a prominent Turkish Imam, have come under scrutiny".

"I've read all of those, and I'm still wondering, what exactly is a Gulen school?" Lassetter said. "Fethullah Gulen has never been to this school. Fethullah Gulen has never e-mailed this school. Fethullah Gulen has never given compensation to this school. I mean, have you looked at this building? We're in a converted warehouse with peeling paint. We do what we have to do with state and county funding. Obviously, we are not compensated by a movement or we would not be here."

The Fulton Science Academy's plans to build a campus in Alpharetta for the elementary, middle, and high school are now on hold. Fulton Sunshine Academy and Fulton Science Academy High School now face their own audits with three years left in their charter contracts. And Wells Fargo, trustee of the school's $19 million bond, says it's in default because they lost their charter status.

Angela, Gulen schools do not receive compensation from Fethullah Mohammed Gulen, the exiled Imam. The schools and their man interest give compensation to the Gulen Movement and it's $26 billion empire.
Now do you get it?
datruth

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Jun 9, 2012
FSA has been using Turkish labor because it's cheaper, but that's really not fair for American jobs. The only reason it's going to be a private school is because the Fulton County School System won't grant them another charter that's good enough for those snobby FSA workers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpharetta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Car Mart is a RIPOFF!!! (Jun '08) Sep 28 Kay 179
News Couple found dead in Roswell home (Jul '07) Sep 23 Bystander 7
Team Georgia Sep 21 Malibu 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Alpharetta, GA (Jun '16) Sep '17 mbloom 44
Horny Women (Sep '13) Aug '17 hey 5
Where is Dr Majoch? Aug '17 Concerned 5
News S. Hall Man Indicted on Murder, Robbery Charges (Oct '07) Aug '17 kayla 18

Alpharetta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance