Grand Rapids, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

i was just at nopeming last night in fact it is very haunted nothing happened at first it was like 3:30a.m. before something happened my friends said i was possessed by demons i was pushed into the door that's was the lest of it. when i was walking down the road it kicked in i started to speak Latin (language of the dead) i kept trying to go back it took three friends to hold me back randomly started to cough really bad and i went back to normal but i still feel like its fowling me
rick

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

The land and buildings are now privately owned by a family member who wishes to renovate the property. The property is now closed and secured due to vandalism caused by those who were going onto the grounds looking for ghosts.

January 2012
Reaper

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

It's old and the dead speak thair 10000 + dead insane sexualy abused murdered and the crazy doc experimenting on live humans yea!! So go thair you'll bring they home with u I did
Jane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

I worked at Nopeming Nursing Home for 15 yrs. When I started there, there was still equipment from when it was the ORIGINAL TB Sanitarium. There were doctors and nurses quarters on one end of the building complex, and that's what the tunnels were used for. To go to the Sanitarium when needed. The very top floor while a TB Sanituarium was a suregry department, and X-Ray Department. The morgue for the Nursinmg Home was located down in the garage area, in order for the Funeral Directors to come and take the deceased to the Funeral Home. Accross the grounds from Nopeming used to be other buildings were people did live who no longer carried the TB virous. Also there was a little store there, and a blind man by the name of Jack ran the store and would come over to the Nursing Home with the basket and sell candy and such to the residents. Everyone looked forward for him to come over. Yes it has gone through allot of changes in it's time.
Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

I worked at Nopeming for a short time in 2000.In the time that I worked there I experienced a few odd things. This was not uncommon for a place that has so many tragedies to happen to people.The spirits of many may dwell there and it seems to me that it is highly inappropriate to trespass on St. Louis County property for the sake of thrill seeking.Perhaps the individuals who think this okay but consider how it would feel if your home was invaded by intruders.The facility has never been an asylum for insane people,serial killers, etc....It was a sanitarium for tuberculosis patients and later a nursing home.there was security floor for residents suffering from Alzheimer's disease and dementia.The original building housed T.B. patients and also victims of Spanish Influenza.
Help me please help

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Help me Im dead
becca

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

stnega wrote:
Has anyone ever actually seen a ghost? I hear of sightings but have never met anyone who has actually seen one.
i think i did in my rented room on 3rd st east.
R Daniel

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

I used to hang out at Nopeming all the time. My grandpa was a resident there during his final years and my grandmother lived literally 3 miles from the place on Halie Rd. I used to sing and do little concerts for the folks when I could.
I went to every floor but the 2nd (public not allowed on 2nd floor due to the patients they had there) and never saw anything.
But thinking about it now, I'd LOVE to explore that place. It's been YEARS since I've been there (grandparents died in the 90's). I remember when I was a little kid friends and I would mess around next to the power plant and find old medic bracelets...looking back, that was sort of freaky.
R Daniel

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Forgot to mention that my grandpa actually worked there as an orderly when it was for TB patients.
R Daniel

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Jane wrote:
I worked at Nopeming Nursing Home for 15 yrs. When I started there, there was still equipment from when it was the ORIGINAL TB Sanitarium. There were doctors and nurses quarters on one end of the building complex, and that's what the tunnels were used for. To go to the Sanitarium when needed. The very top floor while a TB Sanituarium was a suregry department, and X-Ray Department. The morgue for the Nursinmg Home was located down in the garage area, in order for the Funeral Directors to come and take the deceased to the Funeral Home. Accross the grounds from Nopeming used to be other buildings were people did live who no longer carried the TB virous. Also there was a little store there, and a blind man by the name of Jack ran the store and would come over to the Nursing Home with the basket and sell candy and such to the residents. Everyone looked forward for him to come over. Yes it has gone through allot of changes in it's time.
I remember my grandma telling me about that store and blind Jack! I think I actually met him when I was really young; I remember the store even!
HiC

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Worked there and never saw anythingp
proctor kid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Ugh dude I go to proctor its like maybe five min walk from there but that building was a creamatoriom for burning dead body's not sire if u know this but there's tunnels every where underneath it
MrGanja

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Why thank you Mr. Omniscient. Just because YOU dont see anything doesn't mean that others haven't, so don't say it isn't haunted because you weren't so fortunate.
Peace & Pot
Pissed at Stupid People

Superior, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

I live at the so called haunted building and there is nothing haunted about it. Sure Nopeming is an old some what abandoned building, but that gives NOBODY the right to break in or wander around the property without permission from the owners. The building has high hopes in the future but every break in and broken window slows the process. So please as a citizen of Duluth I beg everyone to hold back your curiosity and stay of the property. The only thing you'll find waiting for you at Nopeming are the cops and a ticket.
Willow river balled

Sandstone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The big nursing home is not haunted hosed ever the one next to it is very haunted and it was used at first as a hospital to treat TB or turburculosis then it was a insane asylum for many types of craziness not sure of names but then it was used for a nursing home then it was shut down. They built the new nursing home after and it is not haunted. Very bad things are in there demons and evil spirits that never left to the light or afterlife or whatever you want to call it I was possessed and I am glad I'm still alive.
Sami

Cloquet, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Nopeming is most definitely haunted. I have been there many times, you will not be arrested but you can get a trespassing ticket. One time I was walking through the underground tunnels and heard someone walking behind me then felt someone breath down my neck. It was scary. Also I saw someone walking through the corridors in the main building before and no one was there.
PEG LOMEN

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

4741 London Road Duluth,MN 55804. Lived it.
PEG LOMEN

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

tem wrote:
can anyone refer me to haunted houses in duluth MN
4741 London Rd, Duluth, MN
fairychild

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

I also live at nopeming and kindly request people stop bothering my family. I can't even let my brothers play in their back yard by themselves because we never know who wander on to our property. with all due respest to the adventurers and thrill seekers of duluth. I ask you leave our home alone.
Jenelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

It's not an insane asylum. It was a nursing home for patients infected with tuberculosis.
Ang wrote:
I have been looking into old Nopeming.Was recently a nursing home,but is now abondond. I was just reading an article about a girl who loved the old architectural sequences of the building and went there to take pictures..however she didnt speak or even hint to it being haunted nore did she say she saw or heard anything..but on her website documentry there were a bunch of pics she took and it was her taking a pic down the hallway of a large corredor..and in that pic im not even kidding was a person standing at the end in old nurses type clothing you could not see a face and it looked a little smudged,but it gave me a real ery feeling because i know it wasnt her or one of her friends..so i believe it was a spirit.I just cant believe she didnt see it or say anything about it in her documenting..when i saw it i called my boyfriend over and we were both stunned..I have heard lots of stories from people that the old place is believed to be haunted..doors slamming and footsteps. They say it was an old insane esylem but the only info i found is that is was built for "T.B" patients back in tha 1900's..I only live about 10 min away from the building and have only been there once but am getting more and more curious about it so might go visit again..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Alpharetta News Video

•••
•••

Alpharetta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alpharetta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE