Review: The UPS Store

Review: The UPS Store

Posted in the Alpena Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dissatisfied customer

Laingsburg, MI

#1 Dec 22, 2012
They do not use address on package pull old address from computer then do not honor your insurance you purchased after they can not get your package back. Claim we should have read address on receipt. Never told they use old address and should have used the one we wrote on the box. Why aren't they checking themselves to make sure receipt matches package address instead of using address in computer that are no longer in service for that person??????
Briant Wilmod

Fennville, MI

#2 Dec 22, 2012
dissatisfied customer wrote:
They do not use address on package pull old address from computer then do not honor your insurance you purchased after they can not get your package back. Claim we should have read address on receipt. Never told they use old address and should have used the one we wrote on the box. Why aren't they checking themselves to make sure receipt matches package address instead of using address in computer that are no longer in service for that person??????
Because they are lazy idiots. That's why.
Betty Lou

Alpena, MI

#3 Dec 23, 2012
Do not ever use the UPS Store in Alpena. They treat the cutomer like they are illiterate morons. I, too, had the exact same problems as dissatified. The Alpena UPS Store claimed it was my fault that their computer had the wrong address in it (what kind of crap is that as I don't work at the Alpena UPS Store). I, too informed them of the "change in address" so I didn't inspect the reciept because I jutst told them it was a new address. They need to be able to listen and have at least 4th grade reading skills.

To resolve your problem here's what you need to do: make copies of EVERYTHING especially the original reciept and send it, with a letter of what happened and the name of manager of the Alpena UPS Store, to UPS Headquarters (look it up on the net). Send all future pkgs. by Fed-EX located behind EasyWay on M-32. The people at Fed-EX are wonderful, they explain everything, they don't roll their eyes to your questions and they're cheaper. Be sure to tell them at Fed-Ex how you were treated at the UPS Store in Alpena. And, spread the word to your friends, neighbors, relatives and whoever will listen NOT TO GO INTO THE ALPENA UPS STORE!!

Since: Oct 11

Alpena, MI

#4 Dec 24, 2012
Huh, I haven't had any problems at the UPS store. Maybe you people need to read your receipts, and not be afraid to put a clerk in their place. All the bitching after the fact, doesn't make up for your screw-ups during the transaction.
wow

Alpena, MI

#5 Dec 24, 2012
sailorob wrote:
Huh, I haven't had any problems at the UPS store. Maybe you people need to read your receipts, and not be afraid to put a clerk in their place. All the bitching after the fact, doesn't make up for your screw-ups during the transaction.
They shouldn't have to check their receipt if they have written the address on the box!!

Since: Oct 11

Alpena, MI

#6 Dec 26, 2012
Yes you should, it's not like USPS that uses what you wrote to ship, UPS types and affixes their own label. Humans make mistakes, if you want your package sent to the correct address. Check your receipt.
wow wrote:
<quoted text> They shouldn't have to check their receipt if they have written the address on the box!!
cora

Fennville, MI

#7 Dec 26, 2012
Knowing this is a problem, the UPS workers should be more sensitive and perhaps remind people they are using their own labels and NOT the ones customers put on the box. They're never THAT busy. They could start by being more helpful instead of almost delighting in the fact that it could be a wrong address and knowing they aren't going to be responsible for a lost package. Oh,but wait. That might be part of the game......Charge the customer for insurance, use the old address they have in the computer, and NOT have to pay out anything because the customer didn't check the receipt. Figures. F them. Use Fed Ex.
stupidcustomers

Alpena, MI

#8 Dec 26, 2012
If you had 1/4 a brain, you can see UPS is 2% wrong and you are 98% wrong. Why? Theyd didnt have to check to make sure what ever was so valuable had the right address. To me, someone who has 1/2 a brain, would have known to check. next time where ever you go, to UPS or to Fedup I mean fedex, bring your other 1/4 with you too and check the correct address. As for me, I never leave home with it.
wow

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Dec 26, 2012
stupidcustomers wrote:
If you had 1/4 a brain, you can see UPS is 2% wrong and you are 98% wrong. Why? Theyd didnt have to check to make sure what ever was so valuable had the right address. To me, someone who has 1/2 a brain, would have known to check. next time where ever you go, to UPS or to Fedup I mean fedex, bring your other 1/4 with you too and check the correct address.As for me, I never leave home with it.
You need serious help.
wowdumbdumb

Alpena, MI

#11 Dec 27, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text> You need serious help.
naw, if i did need help, i would get help. but reality is this, people in this country need to quit whining at things they can prevent. examples.... buy hot coffie at fast food we spill it on ourselves while we drink it driving, we want to sue fast food. we can go on and on. no i dont need help.
cora

Fennville, MI

#12 Dec 27, 2012
This blog is for "whining" about things. But, of course, any difference of opinion or negative comments are considered "brainless", or rated "nuts". All I suggested is that UPS be a little more informative and helpful if they want to keep a good business in this small town. Of course, any of us that use this service will be checking our receipts from now on.(thanks to the comments)! Get over yourself, "wowdumbdumb". Opinions are like a- holes. Everyone has one. And some, like yourself, are one.
coraahole

Alpena, MI

#14 Dec 27, 2012
cora wrote:
This blog is for "whining" about things. But, of course, any difference of opinion or negative comments are considered "brainless", or rated "nuts". All I suggested is that UPS be a little more informative and helpful if they want to keep a good business in this small town. Of course, any of us that use this service will be checking our receipts from now on.(thanks to the comments)! Get over yourself, "wowdumbdumb". Opinions are like a- holes. Everyone has one. And some, like yourself, are one.


yes cora, you are an ahole. to bad too. everything you said was true, then you had to water it down. maybe you work for fedex?
cora

Fennville, MI

#15 Dec 28, 2012
coraahole wrote:
<quoted text>
yes cora, you are an ahole. to bad too. everything you said was true, then you had to water it down. maybe you work for fedex?
Nothing watered down. Just an opinion. Most people posting on this site cannot comprehend a common sense approach. And you, just proved that to be true!
coraobsessive

Alpena, MI

#16 Dec 28, 2012
cora wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing watered down. Just an opinion. Most people posting on this site cannot comprehend a common sense approach. And you, just proved that to be true!
All I proved is that people like you do not want to take responsibility. It is never your fault. It is someone else who screwed up. Common sense does not mean be lazy and make someone else do your work and you dont check it. Common sense does not mean when its an error you cry to everyone that it is not your fault.
stop

Battle Creek, MI

#17 Dec 28, 2012
The biggest impact you can make is to simply not go there. Just use fedex. They are all great there and I've never had a problem. Word gets around in a small town.
coraobsessive

Alpena, MI

#18 Dec 28, 2012
stop wrote:
The biggest impact you can make is to simply not go there. Just use fedex. They are all great there and I've never had a problem. Word gets around in a small town.


Yes that is true. also I have used both, never had problem with either myself. but true, fedex is also good.
happygoluckycust omer

Highland, MI

#19 Dec 29, 2012
I have personally been to both fedex and UPS, I checked my receipt both and all times I mail a package no matter where I am mailing it from, even the post office. Customers are lazy, treat employees like crap, and expect everything done for them, Im surprised some do not complain when asked to sign a recipt. It is your responsibility to check YOUR address, no matter where you are sending your package from. it is 100 percent common sense to do so. Customers who are lazy and walk into a store and expect a store to return an item without a recipt is the same scenario, they expect their 1 of hundreds and hundreds of transactions on certain day to be traced down within 5 mins of being in line, when its their responsibility to save recipt if you want to return item. Bottom line, it looks as if the only people complaining on this blog are bitter local customers who have no better way to spend their days than trashing one, Locally owned, store in the town of alpena. You would think locals would want to help out all the local businesses in the area of their own town, not trash them and blame the store and the HUMAN, workers for their laziness.
cora

Fennville, MI

#20 Dec 29, 2012
It was my mistake for not checking the receipt. Hopefully, offering a solution, through "complaining", will help others to check their receipt. It was only suggested the UPS store could be helpful and gently remind customers to be sure and check the receipt. That doesn't make us "brainless" or lazy. Does it make us bitter? Yes. Their attitude toward this, plus the fact they offered no solution to the lost package that we paid so-called "insurance" on, tends to make a person bitter. In order to better the relationship between costumer and server, the UPS people need to HELP their customers so they will return to their store. That's how a good business thrives in a small town.
common sense

Rockford, MI

#21 Dec 29, 2012
Common sense tells me that if I address something I want shipped out, it will go to the address I write on the package! I ship out A LOT of things through eBay. I always write my own labels and I have never once had a problem with it getting shipped to the wrong address. I have used UPS, Fedex, and the post office and have never once checked the address on the receipt. I usually go to fedex just for the fact they are the closest to me. Like I said, I have never had a problem with any of them, but customers are definitely not lazy for not checking their receipt!! It never would have even crossed my mind that they would change the address to what they have on their system! YES! THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY INFORM THEIR CUSTOMERS OF THIS WHEN SHIPPING AN ITEM OUT!! It's just plain ignorant not to! And I will be checking my receipts from now on just to be sure!! So thank-you for informing us of this! Like I said, if I address and pack my own package, common sense tells me it WILL BE GOING TO THE ADDRESS I WRITE ON IT! Why would you ever think otherwise?? Like we're supposed to know the would make their own labels and use a "system" address. Shameful.
nocommonsense

Alpena, MI

#22 Dec 29, 2012
common sense wrote:
Common sense tells me that if I address something I want shipped out, it will go to the address I write on the package! I ship out A LOT of things through eBay. I always write my own labels and I have never once had a problem with it getting shipped to the wrong address. I have used UPS, Fedex, and the post office and have never once checked the address on the receipt. I usually go to fedex just for the fact they are the closest to me. Like I said, I have never had a problem with any of them, but customers are definitely not lazy for not checking their receipt!! It never would have even crossed my mind that they would change the address to what they have on their system! YES! THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY INFORM THEIR CUSTOMERS OF THIS WHEN SHIPPING AN ITEM OUT!! It's just plain ignorant not to! And I will be checking my receipts from now on just to be sure!! So thank-you for informing us of this! Like I said, if I address and pack my own package, common sense tells me it WILL BE GOING TO THE ADDRESS I WRITE ON IT! Why would you ever think otherwise?? Like we're supposed to know the would make their own labels and use a "system" address. Shameful.
Yes you are shamefull. and you are either LAZY or STUPID. Why? I worked in mailing Commpany and do you know that there are people who have names that are the same as possibly yours. So if you dont check, well you deserve the wrong address. I agree with the lady above, Its easy to blame people for things that they should be carefull of. The hot coffie is great example. grow up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is she ratting 6 hr Goodpplrepresent 3
Coke bust 11 hr funnyfunny 1
Rachel Nevins 16 hr Hahaha 4
Andrew Smith 17 hr WTH 9
Snitches!!! 19 hr YouNasty 14
Rentals Fri Mzinnocent 2
Freedom Motors Fri Rumor Has It 3

Alpena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alpena Mortgages