Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Mar 16, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Alpena, MI

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Why is the commissioners spending so much money of this energy savings program, when they planning to replace the annex and the jail? Seems to me that some of the commissioners need to step down. I talk to them and they act like and talk like they are better than the public. They forget that they work for us.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 27, 2013
They sure have forgotten they are public servants. I've never seen a such bunch of jerks ever make up that board. What a joke. I do like that guy from Maple Ridge, I'd vote for him even being a democrat. Too bad that I don't live in his district. Other than that, they could be replaced by a bunch of circus clowns and we wouldn't know the difference.
Wondering

Alpena, MI

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Don't you know they think they are GODS, there is a couple good ones and the new ones I'll give a chance but the other 4 are corrupt or just plain ignorant guess you can't fix stupid!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Now they are going out for a bond to pay for it. Is that classic overspending or what? Karma will come back and bite them in the butt some day..
jeff K

Alpena, MI

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Don't you know they think they are GODS, there is a couple good ones and the new ones I'll give a chance but the other 4 are corrupt or just plain ignorant guess you can't fix stupid!!
You probably heard your momma say "you can't fix stupid" a thousand times when you weer growing up. Of course she was referring to you! LMFAO

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6 Feb 27, 2013
http://www.wbkb11.com/news/local/1566-energy-...

Listen to this.. The biggest energy offenders are the annex and the jail. Well why would you pay for energy upgrades if you just created a ad-hoc committee to replace the buildings. Seems to me to be a waste of money.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 28, 2013
Sick_of_the_BS, that's a really good thing to point out. It's like putting a new tranny in your truck then taking it to the scrapper. I think they should just fix whatever is wrong with the annex and jail instead of building new facilities at a cost to us taxpayers. I saw something a while back where they had buckets collecting water leaking from the roof and how bad a new jail was needed. If you or I neglect maintenance on our house and don't fix things before they get out of hand, we don't get a bunch of people pooling their money together so we can tear it down and start over. It was either willfully or foolishly allowed to get to this point and now they say we don't have any other choice
shock awe fist of steel

Lewiston, MI

#8 Feb 28, 2013
So many people with opposite opinions in Alpena. In fact polar opposites on things like county commissioners and NLA. Why not look at the opinion of an outsider, without agenda and some degree of intelligence. The consultant for the drone project at the airport said, even though it is a county project, the mayor of Alpena should be the point person or the face of the effort, not the county commissioners. Chairman Habermehl was quoted in the paper saying he was surprised by that. Sorry to say that many people were not surprised by that.
reality check

Whitmore Lake, MI

#9 Feb 28, 2013
The consultant later explained that he wanted a single contact and that since Alpena is the center of the county poulation that the mayor would be the natural choice. He also gave a great deal of credit to the commisioners and complimented their work on the project. You apparently have an axe to grind, but your argument here is off target!
Wondering

Alpena, MI

#10 Mar 1, 2013
How does the county set up a ad hoc committee with two members who have spoken publically against MPAC and have a bias objective to help NLA move forward its the good o boy group again
Bill P

Whitmore Lake, MI

#11 Mar 1, 2013
When the letters from user groups (MPAC) are released the public will see MPAC for the power hungry, Sabotuers they are.

What you don't get is that ALL of the commissioners feel the same way about MPAC. The funny thing is they hung themselves with their own written words! Too Funny! LMFAO
just a thought

Alpena, MI

#13 Mar 7, 2013
Commissioners are good at back tracking on their words. They will figure a way to change their position.
Sandra R

Alpena, MI

#15 Mar 9, 2013
There should be a county staff member that could gather energy costs per building by usage. The DTE and Alpena Power Company bills provide a nice little graph showing monthly usage for the past year. The water and sewer office will provide a usage report upon request. The jail and 911 building must account for 24 hours. Court and office buildings usage should be based on operating hours. Hoping, the last person out turned down the thermostat and shut off the lights.
mr steel

Lachine, MI

#16 Mar 9, 2013
shock awe fist of steel wrote:
So many people with opposite opinions in Alpena. In fact polar opposites on things like county commissioners and NLA. Why not look at the opinion of an outsider, without agenda and some degree of intelligence. The consultant for the drone project at the airport said, even though it is a county project, the mayor of Alpena should be the point person or the face of the effort, not the county commissioners. Chairman Habermehl was quoted in the paper saying he was surprised by that. Sorry to say that many people were not surprised by that.
Check your facts, it was the airline the Mayor was in charge of NOT the drone project. Should'nt really quote someone if you don't know the facts.
Cry - slur

Alpena, MI

#17 Mar 10, 2013
The county is soft. They are very tough before decisions need to be made but will change their minds in the end. We will eventually get control of the commission in two years when our members run and take these county commission seats. We screwed the Park Family Foundation, the management, Denny and the commissioners and we don't care. It is our arena and it always will be. When we get control of it at the end of the month everyone there is gone. I am at least honest and let people know how we really feel and to hell with the people. We are the only ones who can run this and if the county is in charge they couldn't run a lemonade stand. As far as other things going on at the arena other than ice sports that is crap. So far Commissioners Kowalski and Adrian are thee only sensible ones on the commission.
County Employee

Alpena, MI

#18 Mar 10, 2013
I am a county employee not in the court house building. All I have heard about the running down of the commissioners is ridiculous. These 8 people work their rear end off with little or no pay to run our county. I don't see many people stepping up to become commissioners, only 3 of 8 seats were opposed. I would not even allow these ignorant a$$holes to even sit at a table and discuss NLA. I saw sheet that was given to friend of mine that showed the Park Family Foundation saved the NLA user groups over $100,000 and these people, lead by Konczak, Peterson and Kendziorski, crapped on the foundation. They should not have any decision making in anything the county runs. These is by far one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in Alpena and I've lived here for over 50 years. Commissioners please stand up for the unethethical behavior of MPAC.
Con Sack

Whitmore Lake, MI

#19 Mar 11, 2013
I hate the commisioners!
Shorty

Whitmore Lake, MI

#21 Mar 11, 2013
I am a pathetic poser!
Schizo Sally

Whitmore Lake, MI

#22 Mar 11, 2013
I am a pathetic poser!
Filed Against Wilmot

Lewiston, MI

#23 Mar 11, 2013
Midland mung breath!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My brother is a pedophile 9 hr noway 18
SEX assault between Siblings (my brother is a p... 9 hr noway 4
cow-i-lik spotted 21 hr lmao 88
karokee girl is missing 21 hr whatever 28
gas station robbery Sun John 4
Review: Animal ARK Of Alpena (Jan '14) Sat JustSaying 6
Still looking for Lisa!!! Aug 29 Common sense 3
•••
•••
•••