Atlanta Schools bid to Leave AMA ESD

Posted in the Alpena Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Robinhood

Morley, MI

#1 Sep 13, 2010
The Atlanta School District is dissatified with the Administration of the Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona Educational Service District and wants to be allied with another ISD (COP, COOR). A succession of this kind has rarely, if ever, been done before. As a taxpayer, it should be public knowledge as to why Atlanta wishes to do this.
Atlanta mom

Mio, MI

#3 Sep 13, 2010
notsomuch wrote:
That's easy. EVERYONE knows why. It's that lame Superintendant of the AMA-ESD. He can't even run his own life, let alone a service district. He must have gotten caught at his own game!
You should go and tell him to his face! Oh wait that would take some balls and you obviously have none. What a gutless loser!!!!
notsomuch

Muskegon, MI

#4 Sep 13, 2010
Atlanta mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You should go and tell him to his face! Oh wait that would take some balls and you obviously have none. What a gutless loser!!!!
It's really not necessary to tell it to his face. It's much better to post it on this forum for ALL to read! And it certainly does not make me a "gutless loser". Must have hit a raw nerve.
Atlanta mom

Mio, MI

#5 Sep 13, 2010
notsomuch wrote:
<quoted text>It's really not necessary to tell it to his face. It's much better to post it on this forum for ALL to read! And it certainly does not make me a "gutless loser". Must have hit a raw nerve.
Yes you really are a gutless whimp! Look in the mirror you will see for yourself. Your reflection will clearly show you a miserable gutless whimp with no balls!
notsomuch

Muskegon, MI

#6 Sep 13, 2010
"A miserable gutless whimp with no balls" that keeps posting.......... And not much anyone can do about it!! I'll bet Atlanta mom worked in a winery as a "cork soaker"!!!
Robinhood

Morley, MI

#7 Sep 13, 2010
Hey, you two (Atlanta mom and notsomuch) stop bickering about "balls" and instead shed some factual info. here. I didn't make it to the AMA ESD special board meeting that covered this, did anyone else? Did someone (staff) from the AMA ESD
step on Atlanta toes? How hard?
notsomuch

Muskegon, MI

#8 Sep 14, 2010
The Superintendent of the AMA was probably up to his same old tricks of intimidation and cover-up. Who knows. He probably even referred to the Atlanta Superintendent as"crazy". Very typical of his unprofessional behavior. Nothing is HIS fault. I wonder if he even accused this Atlanta Super of some sort of illegal action? Nothing surprises me,when he can't get his way. Hmmm....makes you wonder who the real "crazy" is?
Atlanta Teacher

Alpena, MI

#9 Sep 14, 2010
I have worked at the school for several years. I thought the last superintendent was bad but he was a genious next to the current one. I can't give away my identity because the last person who questioned the superintendent is now unemployeed. I think their is several problems with the Atlanta school system. Right now it is being run by a bunch of nuts from the BIG ROCK CHURCH. The superintendent and certain board membes are running the school like a parochial school. The superintendent is probably bi-polar but is at least having an unnatural relationship with the board president. I don't know much about the AMA ESD but I do know it is impossible to work with this Psycho. Hopefullt the people of Atlanta stand up and do something about her soon before we are down to one day a week school. We have the lowest educational levels in all of Michigan and we go to 4 day a week schools. How dumb is that? I enjoy my long weekends but it is not helping the kids. Help me overthrow this dictator.
notsomuch

Muskegon, MI

#10 Sep 15, 2010
Maybe it's a good time to replace both these Superintendents. Atlanta Teacher: It sounds like these two Superintendents are alot alike. That's probably why there is friction. The Super from the AMA-ESD is not only bi-polar, but has mental issues as well.Also, word is, a board member from the AMA-ESD is living with the Superintendent, and has some kind of "relationship" with his wife. A real sweet mess. Perhaps, Atlanta Teacher, you could work with an employee from the Alpena area to get rid of both these fools. There is power in numbers. Get Lansing involved. Ultimately, it's the students that will pay.
droid does

Oscoda, MI

#11 Sep 15, 2010
just another reason all the loose wh^res should be a matter of public info like child molester's.....
Murphy

Morley, MI

#12 Sep 15, 2010
I don't know much about Atlanta Schools, but I've heard more than plenty about the superintendent of the AMA ESD. He's a real smooth talker and can convince you that he's concerned and wants the image of being a nice, good guy. However, he is one nasty person and completely dishonest. People there work in fear. Fear that if you don't do his bidding you'll pay dearly. He, personally, never gets his hands dirty, as he dictates it to others so he always comes out smelling like a rose, what a great guy. His ego is sky high as is his quest for power is beyond control. He believes that he is untouchable; when in reality he's a laughable joke. Don't believe me? Just ask the teachers who work at the handicapped school - you'll be totally surprised. Maybe the superintendent from Atlanta Schools and AMA ESD Superintendent are looking in the same personality mirror.
Robinhood

Morley, MI

#13 Sep 21, 2010
I have heard that this stems from unfairly dividing up services/monies. Isn't it "Educational SERVICE District? I guess the AMA ESD just picks and chooses who they like. Nice.
louie

Muskegon, MI

#14 Sep 22, 2010
This miserable creature from the AMA-ESD should resign before more school districts decide to drop. And one place "notsomuch"might go to confront the Superintendent from the AMA-ESD, is the Rec Center. He's there on a regular basis checking on his cheating wife. Other than that, he cannot be found.( I suggest not going to the office of the AMA) Don't ever think he doesn't know what the community feels about him. And like most cowards, he can't risk confrontation.
Robinhood

Morley, MI

#15 Sep 30, 2010
With the restoration of the $154 per pupil and the possibility of an additional $23 to $46 looks like the ISD who takes Atlanta School District will get the bonus monies. If the AMA ESD had any common sense, they'd be kissin' Atlanta's a$$!!!! It will be interesting to see what happens now.
Atlanta mom

Boon, MI

#16 Sep 30, 2010
Robinhood, You are retarded!
ninja

Alpena, MI

#17 Sep 30, 2010
School teachers' continued employment should have nothing to do with tenure or senority. Merit pay please. We want results for our students, not results for our fat cat admins.
Murphy

Morley, MI

#18 Oct 2, 2010
What's the matter Atlanta Mom, don't like that fact that Robinhood may have hit the nail right on the head? After all, it is an educational "money game" of chess that uses our children as pawns. Check-mate!
Letsbe friends

Alpena, MI

#19 Oct 7, 2010
It is my understanding that the president of the Atlanta board and the superintendent have been seen together in some very strange parking locations. I'm not sure on the issues but there is a very strange relationship between the two. Three teachers have told me they have seen things between the two that would make a sailor blush. It's a shame that our Atlanta School board doesn't have the guts to put a stop to the control freak at the top. But when your getting licked by the one signing your checks the pleasure outweighs doing the right thing. Wake up Atlanta before our kids lose everything.
Charger07

United States

#20 Oct 8, 2010
I may be mistaken, but I thought that the Atlanta Community Schools had severed the bonds with the AMA ESD quite some time ago, and had attached themselves to the Bay City ESD??
Atlanta parent

Alpena, MI

#21 Oct 9, 2010
No, they have not severed ties with the ESD. They are chicken to pull the plug. They are nothing but bullies. They have been bullying my kid and many others and are soon going to be in a lawsuit if it continues. The superintendent has so much power due to her un-natural relationship with the board president she is untouchable while the other board clowns sit with their heads up their cans. Great school district. It's a shame to say but we have the worst school district in the state. Maybe we will get lucky and the state will take us over. It can't be worse. If the superintendent and her clown of a husband were releived of her duties they would only find a job in a carnival. Even some of them wouldn't take her. There are three words that descibe her best - fake, fake, fake. Atlanta stand up and get the train back on the track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nick Skaluba & Tommy Hein 5 hr Blank 14
Obama phone is hard to use can barely get internet 10 hr Freetv 7
Trump's advisor Hope Hicks Fri Richard 2
Why is it all the child molesters up here get a... (Nov '14) Thu John 27
FBI Directors Mueller, Comey Ignored Female Age... Thu Yaaaaaawn 3
Good job topix Thu Quit whining 2
When are you trump supporters gonna grow some b... Thu Dont be a sucker 20

Alpena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance