First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 13, 2012
What do ya'll think of the new owners at Perch's IGA?

Since: Oct 11

Alpena, MI

#2 Dec 13, 2012
Haven't noticed a difference aside from new registers.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Ya I kinda thought the prices were a little higher last time I went there. But I don't go there all that often either.
Webster

Alpena, MI

#5 Dec 13, 2012
The store has really been cleaned up since the new people took over. The produce section looks so much better. The produce is 100% better and the prices seem cheaper than before. The workers seem alot happier too!

Location hidden

#6 Dec 13, 2012
I guess I never paid to much attention to their produce before. I only go their for my meat. Just seems like the meat is higher.
samantha

Alpena, MI

#7 Dec 13, 2012
we used to go there for our meats....but not anymore! The ground chuck is icky and so greasy now....just not the same.

Alpena, MI

#8 Dec 14, 2012
I haven't noticed any difference in the quality of meat. I still only buy meat from either Perch's or Neiman's.

Since: Oct 12

Alpena, MI

#9 Dec 14, 2012
sailorob wrote:
I haven't noticed any difference in the quality of meat. I still only buy meat from either Perch's or Neiman's.
I agree wal marts meat is hormone packed and nasty perch's is best choice for meat

Alpena, MI

#10 Dec 14, 2012
I use to buy name brand pre-packaged meat from Wal-Mart. Not anymore. I like buying those roast kits from hormel. Last one we bought was NASTY! Looked good in the package, opened it up, the meat was good but the vegetables were gross. Nieman's packages their own roast kits, so that's where we get them from now.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 14, 2012
I started getting all my meats from marine market. They cut it right off the bone in front over you. U don't know how long the meat sits in that case at perchs. Just because their ad says meat is cut fresh everyday does not mean you are getting meat that was cut that day! Your getting the stuff they cut 2 days ago to fill the case.
satisfied customer

Mattawan, MI

#12 Dec 14, 2012
Seems like someone has an axe to grind. Go shop at the store and decide for yourself. I think the produce is way better than before. The meat case was and still is the best in town and the store is cleaner.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 14, 2012
satisfied customer wrote:
Seems like someone has an axe to grind. Go shop at the store and decide for yourself. I think the produce is way better than before. The meat case was and still is the best in town and the store is cleaner.
Sounds like someone is taking things too personal.
bestmeatintown

Great Falls, SC

#14 Dec 14, 2012
Kipfmillers has the best meat in town, to bad they aren't open year round!!
agree

Alpena, MI

#15 Dec 14, 2012
I thought the meat prices had gone up too. And the "meat bundle" is a complete rip off.
Perch

Alpena, MI

#16 Dec 15, 2012
Mike K. stopped caring about the business years ago. The store is much better off with the new owners!
steph

Alpena, MI

#17 Dec 15, 2012
Perch wrote:
Mike K. stopped caring about the business years ago. The store is much better off with the new owners!
That is such a f'n joke! Mike actually supported Our community!! I quit shopping there when i heard they stopped buying their produce from consolidated fruit, which is a LOCAL business, and started buying it from a company based out of Detroit! Way to support our community, jerks.
Meat Lover

Hubbard Lake, MI

#18 Dec 15, 2012
Mr. Ed's in Ossineke has the best meat around.
wildcat

Alpena, MI

#19 Dec 15, 2012
Perch wrote:
you obviously DO NOT know Mike Kendziorski!
hahahaha

Alpena, MI

#20 Dec 15, 2012
steph wrote:
<quoted text> That is such a f'n joke! Mike actually supported Our community!! I quit shopping there when i heard they stopped buying their produce from consolidated fruit, which is a LOCAL business, and started buying it from a company based out of Detroit! Way to support our community, jerks.
You heard? why didnt you ask. That Detroit company is where Consolidated Fruit gets Fruit in off season. so does Niemans, Mr Eds. Off season. Can you say Off season?
steph

Alpena, MI

#21 Dec 15, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You heard? why didnt you ask. That Detroit company is where Consolidated Fruit gets Fruit in off season. so does Niemans, Mr Eds. Off season. Can you say Off season?
Exactly my point! They took business away from a LOCAL company and gave it to one that they would have been getting produce from in the first place! They may have cut their costs by going straight to them themselves but they are still hurting a local business! I DO NOT believe that is right. With the way times are we need to support our community and I do not feel that is being done. And FYI that company is where consolidated gets most of their products year round, not just in "off season "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When is Brenda Clark's sentencing for stalking? 3 hr Sammy 13
Give Smith Life Without Parole (Oct '14) 6 hr billybobbrentwood 24
drugs Sat wondering 3
The Truth Is Gay Marriage Sat Handel De Truth 19
the real Don Woodham Fri Don Woodham 3
Trout festable Jul 30 Don Woodham 27
Alpena Bike Fest = Alpena Meningitis Fest Jul 29 out of the muck 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alpena Mortgages