water bill / water meters

Posted in the Alpena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alpenawaterdepts ucks

Alpena, MI

#1 Nov 20, 2012
How do these robbers justify my water bill being $93.00 for two people for one month! I hope enough people call the water dept and complain over these new meters and let these local NAZIS no were not going to PAY!!!
alpenawaterdepts ucks

Alpena, MI

#2 Nov 20, 2012
"KNOW"!
wow

Alpena, MI

#3 Nov 20, 2012
are you sure it was only for a month, this was on Alpenanow.com Some City of Alpena residents may get sticker shock when they receive their water/sewer bill over the next couple of days.

Thatís not only because the bills account for new water meters that read usage more accurately, but also because the billing cycle was extended by 26 days.

Since: Oct 11

Alpena, MI

#4 Nov 21, 2012
So that would be for almost 4 months of useage. My bill is $140. House of 6...... Want a lower water bill? If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down......
Rommel

Oscoda, MI

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Considering the antiquated water treatment plant and crumbling infrastructure, that is robbery!
pozhole

Muskegon, MI

#6 Nov 23, 2012
thats nasty sailorbob...

Since: Oct 12

Alpena, MI

#7 Nov 25, 2012
They're screwing everyones bill up...but they will get away with it cause if you don't pay you lose your water...pricks huh

Alpena, MI

#8 Nov 26, 2012
I'm not saying I practice what I preach. But it is 1 way to lower your waterbill.
pozhole wrote:
thats nasty sailorbob...
payup

Alpena, MI

#9 Nov 29, 2012
if you use the city water, you have to pay for it. Whats so hard to understand??
jim

Alpena, MI

#10 Dec 3, 2012
fricken waterbill doubled ' you aint telling me them old meters was that far off ' and of course they took the gallon meter so we cant see how much we actually use ' damn crooks
jim

Alpena, MI

#11 Dec 3, 2012
and if yo loo on the bill we wasnt billed for no 126 day like you's say' we was billed for I think days short of 3 months dont tell me your bullshit. I want my old meter back
Jenny

Alpena, MI

#12 Dec 5, 2012
learn grammsr!!!!! you sound like a total moron
agree

Alpena, MI

#13 Dec 12, 2012
Though his grammar may be bad i do think jim has a few good points. I dont think it is right that we can no longer monitor our own usage. I monitor our water usage, and our bill still almost doubled!!

Alpena, MI

#14 Dec 12, 2012
YOU can monitor you can monitor your own usage ya dummies. Go to your meter in your basement, lift the little door on it....... has a little digital readout WOW that was hard huh?
lisa

Glenn, MI

#15 Dec 13, 2012
What I was told, by the water and waste people, is that they could only charge up to $100.00 for what they said was "over-usage". My bill was $153.00. What they told me was, the so-called "faulty" meter actually showed a $200.00 over-usage. My normal bill is $53.00 to $55.00. BULL! They have us all by the balls. Don't pay......they'll turn your water OFF. Who do you think was going to pay for the "new" meters? Also, on your bill, check the "late fee". It went from $2.50, to $7.50. We are surrounded by water and yet these prices are unreal. Scam. When you start to believe your government or utility people, you're in big trouble.

Alpena, MI

#16 Dec 13, 2012
Scam? I own a house in the City and a rental in the township with a well and septic. How much does it cost for a well and septic system $15k? What does maintenance cost? What does a softener cost to operate. Power for your well pump(and in my case a lift pump also). I paid $1k this past year at my rental to have a bunch of work done on my septic and well. Yes we are surrounded by water, but unless you are filling buckets from a river or lake it costs to get it clean and to your tap. Stop complaining.
payup

Alpena, MI

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Again, if you use it, you will have to pay for it, its NOT an entitlement.
Don't want to pay out big $$ for water, have them shut it off.
lisa

Glenn, MI

#18 Dec 13, 2012
sailrob: I have friends that live in the country and on Long lake. They have no problem with septic, well, or pumps. And their power bill is reasonable. The point I'm making is that when I inquired about the "cost " of the installation of the new meters, I was told "No charge". Right. Lies. If they lie about that, they'll lie about anything. Get real. And I do realize there has to be a charge for clean water to reach the tap. But, not what they are charging and then lying about it. They are a shady bunch to say the least. JMO.

Alpena, MI

#19 Dec 13, 2012
Just because they don't have problems with their well or pumps now doesn't mean they won't. Septic systems need replacing eventually. Along with well pumps, and sometimes entire new wells need to be drilled. And your user name says you live in South Haven, why do you care what people pay for water here?
lisa

Macatawa, MI

#20 Dec 14, 2012
I don't live in South Haven. My internet server is not Alpena. I think this site either uses advertising addresses or something to do with my server. It's different each time I post. But, you do make a valid point concerning septic systems. And, yes, I must pay the water bill!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alpena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antifa shows up heavily armed at Trump rally in... 7 hr Ha ha ha 5
Beware of user Trump 2020 and the links he post... 8 hr Simon 21
Virus Alert! 8 hr Yawn 15
Mike's Pizza 12 hr John Picker 1 19
Trump sh*ts the bed again, lying like a rug in ... 16 hr Smfh 5
Alpena KKK 17 hr whatnamewouldyoul... 60
Steve Senchuk is snitching his way out of 10 ye... 17 hr Nazi Stomper 3

Alpena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance