Lutherans gather for 'Preaching on Pr...

Lutherans gather for 'Preaching on Prairie'

There are 2 comments on the CJOnline.com story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Lutherans gather for 'Preaching on Prairie'. In it, CJOnline.com reports that:

Folks in Wabaunsee County are already calling this weekend's "Preaching on the Prairie" event the biggest thing that has ever been done by Lutheran churches in the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CJOnline.com.

Shirley Weglarz

Kansas City, KS

#1 Jun 13, 2011
Does anyone have pictures? I heard about Preaching on the Prairie at the Flint Hills KC Symphony event, and it was WONDERFUL!! Met Nila (who now lives in San Fran), Mary Reed, and sat next to proud Kansan Cleo Schultz. As a lifelong Lutheran, I loved singing all the veses of all hymns and following page 5 from TLH ... was totally inspired by the sermon, loved the choir, hold the awesome notes of the handbell choir in my head and heart, and generally enjoyed being in the company of other Christians!(Not to mention thanks to our Creator, who brought back the sun and blue skies exactly when the service ended!)
Jeanne

Wellsville, KS

#2 Jun 25, 2011
Shirley Weglarz wrote:
Does anyone have pictures? I heard about Preaching on the Prairie at the Flint Hills KC Symphony event, and it was WONDERFUL!! Met Nila (who now lives in San Fran), Mary Reed, and sat next to proud Kansan Cleo Schultz. As a lifelong Lutheran, I loved singing all the veses of all hymns and following page 5 from TLH ... was totally inspired by the sermon, loved the choir, hold the awesome notes of the handbell choir in my head and heart, and generally enjoyed being in the company of other Christians!(Not to mention thanks to our Creator, who brought back the sun and blue skies exactly when the service ended!)
Some pictures are at St. John's website.
http://home.earthlink.net/~sjls/id24.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beasterfelds (Oct '11) Sep 10 Karma 11
Looking for a married man (Dec '16) Feb '17 Jeremy 3
Donna Donna donna (Sep '16) Sep '16 Answer 2
wabaunsee county hiding police reports (Jul '12) Feb '14 FDG 4
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Alma, KS (Aug '11) Aug '11 S.A. Weakley 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
scales on 70 (Dec '09) Dec '09 just a thought 1

Alma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alma Mortgages