Zander69

Baxley, GA

#42 Sep 21, 2012
You know what cause someone to become an addict?Number one reason, being a dumb ass! Number two, Alma police dept. they dont give a shit because drugs being sold under their nose!
And the last reason, you guess it, being a dumb ass!...... And for all yall dumb asses, its not a disease!!!!! If it was, Ins. company would pay for your disease, not for being.... yep you guess right again, A DUMB ASS!!!!!!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#43 Sep 22, 2012
Addiction masks other illness's.MOST addicts have experienced something at some point in time in their lives that they aren't able to cope with..whether it be abuse(sexual or physical), loss of a loved one, etc. They may suffer from depression, anxiety or any other mental disorder and do not know how to ask for help. I am not an addict and I thank God every day for that because I have a few family members that are either active or in recovery.I volunteered at a recovery center a few years ago and had the opportunity to hear some of the people's stories and some of them were heartbreaking. I understand how easy it would be for someone who was abused as a child to turn to drugs or alcohol to help them cope and try to forget. My point is...anyone can say that it isn't a disease or an illness but until you have walked in that person's shoes you have no idea what they have been through that led them to where they are.
Jane Doe

Alma, GA

#44 Sep 22, 2012
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane, Dr Bagley will treat addicts and alcoholics till the day he dies. I know he will see your daughter as a patient. Call asap.
Thank you so much. I will get her in there asap.
Red

Anniston, AL

#45 Dec 12, 2012
UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN THERE DO NOT JUDGE! Some here are still angry over the way their loved one treated or is treating them. Just know this: they do love you in the only they can. But do not think you know more than you actually do about addiction. You have let your feelings get involved in a conversation do not understand. I know it's a cliche but, unless you have the disease, you don't know what you are talking about. Hey you are the enabler whether you know it or not you have to do the tough love to actually help your husband.
Do your research on the subject so you won't embarrass yourself with your lack of knowledge on this subject. I will pray for you and your family.
Meme

Alma, GA

#46 Dec 13, 2012
My daughter was helped and now is doing fine. She is working a full time job, no legal issues, and is able to care for her two sons. Thank you "Old Guy" for your help in finding a doctor that cares enough to invest his time and medical knowledge to render care for my daughter. I hope Dr. Bagley realizes how much he helps those of us that find ourselves at wit's end trying to help our children escape the grip of addiction.
Alvin

United States

#47 Dec 13, 2012
lma is lucky to have Dr. Bagley. He has dedicated his life to helping addicts and alcoholics. I have taken several addicts and alcoholics to Dr. Bagley for help. Some had no insurance or money and he charged them nothing. Great man. Other doctors in town refuse to see these very sick patients (addicts) because they see them as dumb, weak, sorry, etc? One of these heartless doctors will find out what it's like to be in an alcoholics shoes. It takes time for alcohol to grab a hold of you like crack, heroin, valium, etc, but when alcohol does finally start draggin you down, it ain't a perty sight. Coming off of alcohol can kill a patient. Coming off of pain pills, benzo's, heroin won't kill you, but make you think you are gonna die. And I'm not talking about anyone in paticular. Just going by the percentages that 7 tp 10 percent of population will have the illness. I know we have had 2 doctors in Alma to die by suicide, where drugs played a big role. Alcoholism and addiction doesn't discriminate.
common sense

Douglasville, GA

#48 Dec 27, 2012
Zander69 wrote:
You know what cause someone to become an addict?Number one reason, being a dumb ass! Number two, Alma police dept. they dont give a shit because drugs being sold under their nose!
And the last reason, you guess it, being a dumb ass!...... And for all yall dumb asses, its not a disease!!!!! If it was, Ins. company would pay for your disease, not for being.... yep you guess right again, A DUMB ASS!!!!!!
I have a question for you Zander69. You may have already answered my question, I haven't read all of th posts on this thread throughout. I am also, in advance, telling you that I am not agreeing with what you are saying, nor am I saying I disagree with what you are saying. So, my question to you is, have you ever had a family member or friend that has said they have an addiction problem?

I have a question for you
The V

Alma, GA

#49 Jan 11, 2013
I think Dr. Wade and Dr. Burke are the BEST doctors
patient

Alma, GA

#50 Jan 14, 2013
Dr. Carter is good doctor, only thing i hear is his office staff are the beauty shop of alma,ga,,,gossip
just saying

Alma, GA

#51 Jan 15, 2013
Zander69 wrote:
You know what cause someone to become an addict?Number one reason, being a dumb ass! Number two, Alma police dept. they dont give a shit because drugs being sold under their nose!
And the last reason, you guess it, being a dumb ass!...... And for all yall dumb asses, its not a disease!!!!! If it was, Ins. company would pay for your disease, not for being.... yep you guess right again, A DUMB ASS!!!!!!
am not familabut i am pretty sure ins companies most def DO pay for treatment for addiction! check ya facts before u jude ppl calling them dumbasses, looks like ur a GREAT eample of THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!! it takes a doctor with ALOT of emapthy and compassion to treat addictive patients, i tip my hat to any doctor taking on that challenge.....dr bagley is a wonderful doctor AS WELL AS ALL OTHER DR'S IN ALMA!!!
Me Again

Spartanburg, SC

#52 Jan 15, 2013
Zander69 shows how much of an idiot he is again. most insurance companies do recognize and pay for addiction treatment under their Behavior Managment guidelines as disease code 362.1, Addictive Behavior therapy. Just thought you would want to know.
curious

United States

#53 Jan 17, 2013
What about his staff? I hear they are really good too. They have all been there for a really long time.
Jumbo

Roopville, GA

#54 Jan 19, 2013
patient wrote:
Dr. Carter is good doctor, only thing i hear is his office staff are the beauty shop of alma,ga,,,gossip
I am suprised they have time to be at the beauty shop - he is there more than any woman I know. I wished he would get a little dirty and not be so STIFF.
hey hey hey

United States

#55 Mar 7, 2013
According to the beauty shop, he is stiff a lot. hahahaha. like chinese arithmetic.
me_again

Alma, GA

#56 Mar 8, 2013
What in the world is "Chinese arithmetic"?
Pissing my pants

Alma, GA

#57 Mar 20, 2013
Don't know but I am guessing it's hard
Pray for Zander69

Aiken, SC

#58 Mar 20, 2013
Addict recovering wrote:
Zander69 - you r ignorant as to how fortunate Alma is to have a outstanding addictionologist. One of your loved ones may need Dr. Bagley one day. I hope not, but this illness doesnt discriminate. It can take down rich, poor, doctors, lawyers, judges, etc. Dr. Bagley has saved may lives. And he isn't ashamed to share his story to help others. I suggest you educate yourself on this illness. 7 to 10 percent of the population will get it.
Zander69 is sadly clueless!
Pray for Zander69

Aiken, SC

#59 Mar 20, 2013
No BS wrote:
If addiction isn't an illness, how can a man be told if he takes another drink, he may die. Then he drinks anyway. He certainly isnt well. Also, a man that is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different results each time is very sick. Addicts think this time they will be ok, but that end up in jail, hospital, insane asylum, or treatment, and even die. They have a thinking problem when they are actively using
Absolutely right!
Pray for Zander69

Aiken, SC

#60 Mar 20, 2013
amandainhazlehurst wrote:
Addiction masks other illness's.MOST addicts have experienced something at some point in time in their lives that they aren't able to cope with..whether it be abuse(sexual or physical), loss of a loved one, etc. They may suffer from depression, anxiety or any other mental disorder and do not know how to ask for help. I am not an addict and I thank God every day for that because I have a few family members that are either active or in recovery.I volunteered at a recovery center a few years ago and had the opportunity to hear some of the people's stories and some of them were heartbreaking. I understand how easy it would be for someone who was abused as a child to turn to drugs or alcohol to help them cope and try to forget. My point is...anyone can say that it isn't a disease or an illness but until you have walked in that person's shoes you have no idea what they have been through that led them to where they are.
Amen!!!
Not addicted

Alma, GA

#61 Mar 21, 2013
Y'all missing the point people. Not fair to all the people who are really sick from an illness to put them and the addicts in the same sentence. People it is not the same! You don't just come down with an addiction. You earn it! You keep doing whatever drug over and over until you condition your body to have to have it. STOP making excuses for these people, They did it to themselves, ok I will go ahead and cut off the idiot that gonna say these addicts are getting hooked from a legitimate prescription. It happen I agree but that it probably less than 1 percent get addicted this way, doctors don't prescribe cocaine, meth and crack. And if you look hard at your addicted family member or friend that you are defending and tell me why used the drug they are addicted to the first time you will have to admitt the LARGE majority did it in a recreational setting. I am not addicted to pills, meth or crack cause I ain't goona take it the first time (I apologize the very small number of the addicts out there that got hooked on pills after a major injury. Not talking about you) but the rest of you strung out junkies need to stop it and ALL of you defending them do too. Got a name for y'all. enabler

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 22 hr J f k 5
Newberry Bond Hearing - Alma Times Nov 4 Mon Ole Almer 94
horrible healthcare Mon Thoughts 5
Walmart coming to Alma...... (May '14) Dec 19 Farrell Landon 41
peachs tax preparation (Feb '11) Dec 19 Farrell Landon 4
Satilla Dec 18 appreciative 6
south georgia tree and debris Dec 14 Colby 3
Alma Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alma News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alma

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:22 am PST

NBC Sports 8:22AM
Falcons cut LB James Anderson on Christmas Eve
NBC Sports12:22 PM
Gano eager for another chance vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 2:59 PM
Falcons QB Matt Ryan pushing to win for coach Mike Smith
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Julio Jones, Steven Jackson remain out of Falcons practice
NFL 1:05 PM
Injury roundup: Julio Jones sits again; Green returns