STG

Alma, GA

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Must be a lot of money and power involve by being on the board
A joke

Blackshear, GA

#2 Oct 25, 2012
As usual you can't always believe what you read in news courier. Funny how he criticizes alma times for some things they report....well obviously he didn't write it because everything was punctuated and spelled right. It is generally acceptable for editorials to be slanted or state opinions but front page headlines should be factual.
Me again

Boiling Springs, SC

#3 Oct 26, 2012
The reason the owner and editor of the News Courier always criticizes the Alma Times goes way back in the 80's. His father owned the Alma Times for many, many years and it was somehow bought out from under him and not passed down thru the family. Thus the "vendetta" GG has for the Alma Times. Just getting you "in the know".
Happen to know

Alma, GA

#4 Oct 26, 2012
The reason everything looks good in that article is because they basically retyped an anonymous letter they received. The Alma Times got the same letter. The letter was sent to every publication in the area dealing with REMC. Only difference is I saw the girl from the AT at the hearing. She must want to hear everything first hand before just running with what someone tells her. No one from GG's place was even there. GG never forgave the girl at the Times for quitting his paper to work for the AT, so you can add that to his vendetta. I hardly ever see him at local events longer than the time it takes him to take a picture and sell an ad congratulating someone.
Simon Says

Alma, GA

#5 Oct 26, 2012
Really? An anonymous letter? I wouldn't think that any publisher would be reckless enough to publish an anonymous letter. I think that is BS. He should get facts and retract.
Agree

Alma, GA

#6 Oct 26, 2012
Simon Says wrote:
Really? An anonymous letter? I wouldn't think that any publisher would be reckless enough to publish an anonymous letter. I think that is BS. He should get facts and retract.
You are so right!
phonics

Alma, GA

#7 Oct 26, 2012
LOL 6 post and 5 of the are from 2 people. lol
Happen to know

Alma, GA

#8 Oct 29, 2012
phonics wrote:
LOL 6 post and 5 of the are from 2 people. lol
Re-read what you posted CAREFULLY. Good grief! Anyway, THIS is the second post I've put on here, not the third. I'm guessing you came to you ill-worded conclusion because both comments say "Mershon." FYI, I'm posting from WITHIN the Alma city limits - from the same computer BOTH times. Topix jumps around on the IPs, smarty pants. I wouldn't be surprised if a DIFFERENT city description showed under this post, even though the only thing that's changed is the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State farm 37 min Half insurance 1
How do you loose your house? 57 min Justsayin 21
Rednecks and Rap Music? (Nov '11) 6 hr Mason Dixon 42
Who is The Hottest Thot in Alma Jan 18 Jack 5
Brook Griffin Jan 18 Duh 3
alma people (Aug '10) Jan 16 Charly 10
Trump is the President sooooo Jan 14 Hope 14

Alma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance