Bored

Hooks, TX

#3515 Feb 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why Americans are so convinced it's a bad thing to live in a more "liberal" country.
Those "liberal"countries enjoy a better quality of life than our system provides.
When you travel through their countries that find our refusal to improve the lives of most Americans, to make a few of us wealthy beyond dreams, proof that we just aren't that smart.
Here are some facts:
Country
Quality of Life Index
Purchasing Power Index
Safety Index
Health Care Index
Consumer Price Index
Property Price to Income Ratio
Traffic Commute Time Index
Pollution Index
1- Switzerland 194.11 127.42 74.22 79.51 148.69 6.53 30.88 35.49
2- Germany 184.42 114.22 78.80 71.96 92.83 4.80 33.12 45.14
3- Norway 183.43 94.21 80.93 79.04 166.65 7.10 18.50 19.22
4- United Arab Emirates 177.07 134.89 64.05 63.89 80.79 4.49 17.00 69.17
5- New Zealand 174.28 88.59 53.19 86.81 107.37 5.71 25.25 17.08
6-Sweden 171.72 99.33 63.76 86.76 109.02 9.01 23.00 32.50
7-Canada 164.99 110.72 60.18 71.99 101.70 4.85 40.44 41.59
8-Denmark 163.12 99.26 54.69 89.81 125.72 6.13 31.00 34.17
9-Australia 162.03 108.67 59.38 79.11 130.28 6.94 37.09 37.25
10- Austria 159.89 98.78 55.92 83.18 98.44 6.69 23.00 42.84
11-Netherlands 158.07 93.65 71.60 70.37 108.48 6.34 26.83 41.67
12- United States 140.62 118.75 35.07 65.52 85.55 2.82
We're number 12 !, We're number 12 !
Boring. Have a hissy fit.
Bored

Hooks, TX

#3516 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Informed Opinion
Naples, FL
Ever wonder why Americans are so convinced it's a bad thing to live in a more "liberal" country.
Those "liberal"countries enjoy a better quality of life than our system provides.
When you travel through their countries that find our refusal to improve the lives of most Americans, to make a few of us wealthy beyond dreams, proof that we just aren't that smart.
Here are some facts:.........
__________
You pick and choose your so-called 'facts' as some statistics that prove your point, when in fact they prove nothing.
It's what everyone should expect, that the left would tell us how much better Europe is and how much smarter Europeans are than Americans. So we should hope to be more like Europe or become same as Europe in every way that is possible?
Of Germany, and what if Germany ~did pay for the costs of WW2 reparations and also for much that the USA paid to re-build West Germany and Europe after the war? Then how would they be today? But now they want to bring home their gold? Do we need to wonder why?
France is not on your list because they're about to go down the toilet with us because of their debt and welfare state.
The UAE is just so much oil money that how could they not be better off? But the hegemony of the USA petro-dollar is about to end.
The Swiss have sound money, little or no debt, and balance their budget, so it's easy to see why it's a better country than the US.
But I would say there's little choice in rotten apples, and if you place the bar low enough a mouse can jump over it no problem.
What you posted seems more like the stream of putrid hog swill I always see coming from the left. But again it's all bad for the most part and I am not a Dem or a Republican. The USA is beyond bankrupt. Join the preppers and prepare yourself for the end times.
Agree.
Boss

Blairsville, GA

#3517 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Informed Opinion
Naples, FL
Ever wonder why Americans are so convinced it's a bad thing to live in a more "liberal" country.
Those "liberal"countries enjoy a better quality of life than our system provides.
When you travel through their countries that find our refusal to improve the lives of most Americans, to make a few of us wealthy beyond dreams, proof that we just aren't that smart.
Here are some facts:.........
__________
You pick and choose your so-called 'facts' as some statistics that prove your point, when in fact they prove nothing.
It's what everyone should expect, that the left would tell us how much better Europe is and how much smarter Europeans are than Americans. So we should hope to be more like Europe or become same as Europe in every way that is possible?
Of Germany, and what if Germany ~did pay for the costs of WW2 reparations and also for much that the USA paid to re-build West Germany and Europe after the war? Then how would they be today? But now they want to bring home their gold? Do we need to wonder why?
France is not on your list because they're about to go down the toilet with us because of their debt and welfare state.
The UAE is just so much oil money that how could they not be better off? But the hegemony of the USA petro-dollar is about to end.
The Swiss have sound money, little or no debt, and balance their budget, so it's easy to see why it's a better country than the US.
But I would say there's little choice in rotten apples, and if you place the bar low enough a mouse can jump over it no problem.
What you posted seems more like the stream of putrid hog swill I always see coming from the left. But again it's all bad for the most part and I am not a Dem or a Republican. The USA is beyond bankrupt. Join the preppers and prepare yourself for the end times.
Excuses, excuses. All you're doing is mouthing off!
GoodPost

Hooks, TX

#3518 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Support
Hiawassee, GA
Why don't YOU post facts (and sources) in rebuttal?
__________
And as an accepted 'rebuttal' to this way-far-left-liberal I should post facts and sources on each of the 11 countries on his list that are ranked above the USA?
I would love to, and it would be fun and very easy to do, but the length of it would probably anger many at TOPIX that always like to get in their 2 cents and feel smug about doing so.
Also to do so would be over kill -- to the extreme. I might compare it to using a 50 megaton nuclear warhead to kill a piss-ant. Why bother?
My previous post was only a small sample of what I could have posted about all of this, and it should have been more than enough to show how absurd and naive the premise of those so-called 'facts' presented to me really was.
But if there seems to be enough demand for it, I will be delighted to take it further.
Until then, I should have another burbon. Not Maker’s Mark though, we don't need the watered down stuff or Wal-Mart hamburger that's partly horse meat. Pay the same or more, and get less. That's the way of the world as the US dollar collapses.
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-02-...
good post. No one likes all that crap and most times don't read it.
I appreciate you not posting garbage like some do.
Good Link. Those Europeans are living high on the hog off horse meat, must be their better standard of living posted by the boring poster.

InLoveWithSelf

Hooks, TX

#3519 Feb 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving paranoia reigns supreme.
You found me out !
Knowing this issue would be disputed on TOPIX,
I personally created and funded the business organizations and NGOs that rank America behind those "Liberal" countries in quality of life.
Damn, Foiled Again !
Are you sure you and Chevy don't attend the same secrete meetings
Atta boy Boring.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3521 Feb 18, 2013
Informed opinion you lose the general public when you even say the word socialist. We as a country have been taught to link socialism to Hitler to scare the uninformed public. If they knew anything about history then they would know that in the depression era Germany was the only country that was prosperous under his socialist government. He destroyed it with his hate and at the same time destroyed the ideology that socialism is good. Capitalism is defined to me as greed and is destroying not only our moral values, but our country as well. It will fall just as all the greedy empires have in the past. It's just a matter of time. Alot of modern advancements have been originated in Germany like space travel. Why not a proven better form of Government? Capitalism is nothing more than government-granted monopoly of the american economy to the top 400. Informed opinion I'm with you only we better be quite or we they might send a drone to our house to blow it up. Good day and God bless.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3522 Feb 18, 2013
BoilinItDownChic kn

Douglasville, GA

#3523 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Tack and Sole
Columbus, GA
Ain't never gonna vote for a democrat again, ever
__________
It could be because he's sickened to think of the leader of the local boy scout troup being a pedophile, or the 'drill' sergeant in the army taking his job to heart[or to fanny].
Homophobe? Check.
The White Raven wrote:
Then also it
could be because of the out-of-control spending in Washington and the ever expanding welfare and 'nanny' state.
Makers/Takers argument? Check.
Probably bigot, afraid a black man might get a piece of bread on his nickel? Check
The White Raven wrote:
Tack and Sole
Or, this person could be a paying member of the NRA and now sees that gun control was just held back until Obama's 2nd term. All those that bought into Obama's silence on gun
control during his first term were duped.
Gun-toting paraniod redneck? Check.

All the ingredients of a typical Republicans world view accounted for.

No surprises.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3525 Feb 18, 2013
Fear is what the Republicans thrive on, instead of morals like their founding father Lincoln.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3526 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
It's almost as if I knew exactly what was coming, so I gathered the list of definitions that will follow.
I might add that, failing any ~relevant facts, clear logic, and sound reasoning, one can often times 'baffle with BS' and thereby disarm an opponent temporarily, until you can have enough time to thrust again with some alternative ruse or deception.
An effective technique, I must say, and it's often used by the MSM and politicians on both sides of the isle.
Using the term 'babbling buffoon' or 'babbling buffoons' can be effective in your business and personal dealings.
Just as using the terms 'ignoramus', and 'ignoramus goofball' seems to be effective from time-to-time. But using then here to describe many of the posters may be totally correct and is in no way being facetious. Well that's to attempt to point out that, try as we might, we can't really be expected to fashion a reply to many of these folks, so we can do as well to just let many of these absurd suppositions and replies pass as we just consider the source(s).
_____
bab·ble (bbl)
v. bab·bled, bab·bling, bab·bles
v.intr.
1. To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk.
2. To talk foolishly or idly.
3. To make a continuous low, murmuring sound, as flowing water.
v.tr.
1. To utter rapidly and indistinctly.
2. To blurt out impulsively; disclose without careful consideration.
n.
1. Inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds.
2. Idle or foolish talk; chatter.
3. A continuous low, murmuring sound, as of flowing water.
[Middle English babelen.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
buf·foon (b-fn)
n.
1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.
[French bouffon, from Old Italian buffone, from buffa, jest, from buffare, to puff, of imitative origin.]
buf·fooner·y (b-fn-r) n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
ignoramus
noun dunce, fool, ass, donkey, bonehead (slang), duffer (informal), simpleton, dullard, dolt, blockhead, lowbrow, putz (U.S. slang), fathead (informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), numbskull or numskull
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 ©
goof·ball (gfbôl) Slang
n.
1. A foolish, incompetent, or stupid person.
2. A barbiturate or tranquilizer pill, especially when taken for nonmedical purposes.
adj.
Silly or outlandish: "Underneath his goofball braggadocio lies a kind of purity" (David Ansen).
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun
1. goofball - a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
bozo, cuckoo, fathead, goof, jackass, twat, zany, goose
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment
2. goofball - a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior merry andrew, buffoon, clown, goof
comedian, comic - a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
harlequin - a clown or buffoon (after the Harlequin character in the commedia dell'arte)
jester, motley fool, fool - a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the
Middle Ages
whiteface - a clown whose face is covered with white make-up
zany - a buffoon in one of the old comedies; imitates others for ludicrous effect
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc
_________
What are you saying; that you are a babbling baffoon and no one should listen to you. If so; then I'd have to agree. Good post.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3527 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
It's almost as if I knew exactly what was coming, so I gathered the list of definitions that will follow.
I might add that, failing any ~relevant facts, clear logic, and sound reasoning, one can often times 'baffle with BS' and thereby disarm an opponent temporarily, until you can have enough time to thrust again with some alternative ruse or deception.
An effective technique, I must say, and it's often used by the MSM and politicians on both sides of the isle.
Using the term 'babbling buffoon' or 'babbling buffoons' can be effective in your business and personal dealings.
Just as using the terms 'ignoramus', and 'ignoramus goofball' seems to be effective from time-to-time. But using then here to describe many of the posters may be totally correct and is in no way being facetious. Well that's to attempt to point out that, try as we might, we can't really be expected to fashion a reply to many of these folks, so we can do as well to just let many of these absurd suppositions and replies pass as we just consider the source(s).
_____
bab·ble (bbl)
v. bab·bled, bab·bling, bab·bles
v.intr.
1. To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk.
2. To talk foolishly or idly.
3. To make a continuous low, murmuring sound, as flowing water.
v.tr.
1. To utter rapidly and indistinctly.
2. To blurt out impulsively; disclose without careful consideration.
n.
1. Inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds.
2. Idle or foolish talk; chatter.
3. A continuous low, murmuring sound, as of flowing water.
[Middle English babelen.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
buf·foon (b-fn)
n.
1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.
[French bouffon, from Old Italian buffone, from buffa, jest, from buffare, to puff, of imitative origin.]
buf·fooner·y (b-fn-r) n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
ignoramus
noun dunce, fool, ass, donkey, bonehead (slang), duffer (informal), simpleton, dullard, dolt, blockhead, lowbrow, putz (U.S. slang), fathead (informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), numbskull or numskull
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 ©
goof·ball (gfbôl) Slang
n.
1. A foolish, incompetent, or stupid person.
2. A barbiturate or tranquilizer pill, especially when taken for nonmedical purposes.
adj.
Silly or outlandish: "Underneath his goofball braggadocio lies a kind of purity" (David Ansen).
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun
1. goofball - a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
bozo, cuckoo, fathead, goof, jackass, twat, zany, goose
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment
2. goofball - a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior merry andrew, buffoon, clown, goof
comedian, comic - a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
harlequin - a clown or buffoon (after the Harlequin character in the commedia dell'arte)
jester, motley fool, fool - a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the
Middle Ages
whiteface - a clown whose face is covered with white make-up
zany - a buffoon in one of the old comedies; imitates others for ludicrous effect
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc
_________
So suffer 'babbling buffoons' and 'ignoramus goofballs' gladly, if you can, whenever you can. They're just part of the mix most places and surely so at TOPIX.
Lighten up... Don't take everything so personal. At and in a public cesspool like TOPIX what else can you expect?
I'd agree. You do sound like a "ignoramus babbling baffoon". Good post.
soros

Gibson, GA

#3528 Feb 18, 2013
Stop with the dictionary posts...we all have one. Good grief. We don't read the posts. We all can copy and paste, we learned it in kindergarten.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3530 Feb 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Fear is what the Republicans thrive on, instead of morals like their founding father Lincoln.
Yeah....NO. When Obama was afraid he wasn't going to get his way with the debt ceiling, whom did he go after first??? The elderly and the soldiers. You want to talk about Fear Mongering???? Look at YOUR party.
soros

Gibson, GA

#3531 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
BoilinItDownChic kn
Douglasville, GA
__________
About the right honorable gentleman or gentlewoman, I could also make out a "checklist" and dutifully check off many points one by one, but I won't because ... As I was just saying a moment ago...
So suffer "*" gladly, if you can, whenever you can. They're just part of the mix most places and surely so at TOPIX.
You made my point for me better than I could have ever hoped to do. And also, little do you know, that I have almost as much contempt for the right as I do for the left, as I will put forward soon enough.
You're so set in your biases and your prejudices that
you're about the same as many lost souls out there in these times.
Every person will fit neatly into one of your little boxes and categories, as you see it,[well it just doesn't work that way many times]-- but as you spew your 'stuff' know than many will have 'checked you off' as well.
Good post.
soros

Gibson, GA

#3533 Feb 18, 2013
Not directed to you, White Raven. I should have clarified. I relate to you, very much so.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3534 Feb 18, 2013
By your comments you're showing that you're filled with nothing but hate for your fellow man. You are the reason why the Republican party is becoming obsolete. You hate most americans. You think everyone is dumb, but you. Instead of getting people to try and see your point of view you critize. When really you're just mad that you are the minority now and will soon become extinct.
soros

Gibson, GA

#3535 Feb 18, 2013
I've spent my adult life in a team environment, delivering care to the rich, poor, homeless and disabled. Don't lable me as a hate filled human without compassion. I speak only for myself.
soros

Gibson, GA

#3536 Feb 18, 2013
label ^
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3537 Feb 18, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Colunbus Native
Oklahoma City, OK
As we move closer to the much needed Sequestor notice how both parties are starting to back-off. Republicans because of cuts to defence which is pork-laden and democrats because of minor cuts to entitlements. I said it 30 years ago, it's not a question of if we go bankrupt but WHEN! How many in this fast food, fast divorce, cell phone addicted society could stand humbly in a soup line for a few years untill the caos settles down? Hunker down and get ready cause whether you like it or not it's going to happen.
__________
A good and correct observation sir, no doubt.
There is a lot of information out there to support your point of view.
As something recent I would suggest this as appropriate reading:
http://www.safehaven.com/article/28826/2013-o...
The USA is well beyond bankrupt at this point, but you might still save yourself and your family if you can accumulate enough silver before the bond bubble bursts and everything collapses. The green paper Federal Reserve IOU certificates may still serve as toilet paper that will be in short supply after the collapse.
You can't eat that pure silver coin and when this country goes under and folks are breaking into any and all stores grapping any food they can find gold and silver will not cause the store owner to hold everyone back and let you come in cause you got gold and silver. No , when their is total caos and mayhem in this country you better have a place to hide stocked with food and water that no one knows about. You say call the police! They will be robbing and stealing trying to feed their families too. You folks don't know how carnal mankind will become when their are no cell phones, or food.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3538 Feb 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
By your comments you're showing that you're filled with nothing but hate for your fellow man. You are the reason why the Republican party is becoming obsolete. You hate most americans. You think everyone is dumb, but you. Instead of getting people to try and see your point of view you critize. When really you're just mad that you are the minority now and will soon become extinct.
You liberals surely do know a lot about hate. You preach hate day in and day out on Topix. The liberal's two defining mantras: You are filled with HATE.
You are RACIST.
You seem to think when you sling those two sentences into a debate,it gives you some sort of leg up. That you receive some sort of "advantage". All it really does is show how well indoctrinated you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parking at the new stadium 21 hr SMH 19
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 15 The WB 2,055
fire on cody road Sep 13 Sissy 7
big buck Sep 12 Spanky Hamm 2
city hall and fire department Sep 10 Anastasia 2
Lotto Winner Sep 6 extraextra 36
Hyprocrites Sep 6 Rev Say What 267
•••
•••
•••

Alma Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Alma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Alma News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alma
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••