Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Alma Forum

Comments (Page 116)

Showing posts 2,301 - 2,320 of39,647
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>not sure i follow you here.are you saying that anyone who chooses a profession other than a business owner(i.e.,nurse,teacher,etc.) deserves to be at a tax disadvantage?
I am saying that if you aren't happy, change it. If you wait on the government to make you happy, you'll be waiting forever.
Oh really

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
So! Are you taking those deductions?
What a silly question. We all do. Romney didn't one year, so he could get his payment UP to 13%, but he is the exception and by this time I'm sure he's gone back and amended the return.

The richer you are, the bigger and better the deductions and tax breaks but for the really rich, that is still peanuts. They need off-setting losses where they don't actually lose any money. Several industries and hundreds of projects are designed to give them exactly that. One is professional sports (Limited Partnerships). One that's local and on a very small scale: the mostly empty townhouses there on the lake.

It's all perfectly legal.
Oh really

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that if you aren't happy, change it. If you wait on the government to make you happy, you'll be waiting forever.
Big business and the super-wealthy won't allow you to change it. They own the Congress-person, who represents them, not you, me or anyone who works for wages! To think otherwise is to live in fantasy-land.
Frank

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Thomas County Blogger wrote:
Repubs have had their chance, especially the Georgia Repubs. They got the country into the economic mess we're in and it will take Democrats to get us out.
explain how you get get out of a mess spending money you dont have.Explain how putting everybody on food stamps is getting people out of an economical mess.
Interview

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
explain how you get get out of a mess spending money you dont have.Explain how putting everybody on food stamps is getting people out of an economical mess.
Congress has a "plan" to get people off food stamps - discontinue the program. Their theory is that if the poor die they won't need help and the country will be better off.

Actually they are planning to cut back on the program by twenty percent in FY13-14 so there may be some truth in that.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>not sure i follow you here.are you saying that anyone who chooses a profession other than a business owner(i.e.,nurse,teacher,etc.) deserves to be at a tax disadvantage?
Unfortunately, that's true.

Businesses have lobbyists. People don't. Businesses people understand the tactic of decrying subsidies and tax breaks, all the while lobbying and paying off lawmakers to obtain subsidies and tax breaks for them.

The rules of the game determine who wins.

Whoever makes the rules ...wins.

Wall Street didn't pay politicians $200 Million in the 2012 election because they wanted "fairness", they paid because they want to pay even lower taxes than you and me.

Thanks to their lobbyists income I earn actually working are taxes at 2X the rate of the income I earn selling stock while having a bourbon with my neighbor the stock broker. Thanks.

Thanks to the Realtors' lobbyists'$26 Million in 2012, renters everywhere can subsidize my purchase of my new home by keeping my mortgage interest payments deductible. Oh, and also the interest payments on my Cabin.

Maybe if their taxes weren't higher, so mine can be lower, they could own a house, or even a cabin, too. Thanks.

Thanks to the Chamber of Commerce, which paid politicians $100 Million in 2012, my trip to Orlando for a business conference this week, and of course the family's visit to Disney, is subsidized by all the folks who would like to visit Disney, but can't afford it.
Thanks.

Thanks to the American Christian Lobbyists Association the rest of your can pay higher taxes to keep my church from paying any taxes at all. Gotta love it when we are forced to contribute to religions and churches we don't believe in. Oh, you can also support my church for me by letting me deduct my voluntary donations from my income. Glad everyone is into Zen Buddhism and Liberal Protestantism. Thanks.

Sorry for tirade.

When Americans learn that the tax code exists to give politicians the ability to sell tax breaks, maybe something will change.

One tax rate - all income- all taxed the same- all the time - no deductions - ever.
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Businesses have lobbyists. People don't. Businesses people understand the tactic of decrying subsidies and tax breaks, all the while lobbying and paying off lawmakers to obtain subsidies and tax breaks for them.
Wall Street didn't pay politicians $200 Million in the 2012 election because they wanted "fairness", they paid because they want to pay even lower taxes than you and me.
Thanks to their lobbyists income I earn actually working are taxes at 2X the rate of the income I earn selling stock while having a bourbon with my neighbor the stock broker. Thanks.
Thanks to the Realtors' lobbyists'$26 Million in 2012, renters everywhere can subsidize my purchase of my new home by keeping my mortgage interest payments deductible. Oh, and also the interest payments on my Cabin.
Maybe if their taxes weren't higher, so mine can be lower, they could own a house, or even a cabin, too. Thanks.
Thanks to the Chamber of Commerce, which paid politicians $100 Million in 2012, my trip to Orlando for a business conference this week, and of course the family's visit to Disney, is subsidized by all the folks who would like to visit Disney, but can't afford it.
Thanks.
Thanks to the American Christian Lobbyists Association the rest of your can pay higher taxes to keep my church from paying any taxes at all. Gotta love it when we are forced to contribute to religions and churches we don't believe in. Oh, you can also support my church for me by letting me deduct my voluntary donations from my income. Glad everyone is into Zen Buddhism and Liberal Protestantism. Thanks.
Sorry for tirade.
When Americans learn that the tax code exists to give politicians the ability to sell tax breaks, maybe something will change.
One tax rate - all income- all taxed the same- all the time - no deductions - ever.
Bring on the Fair Tax.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
Big business and the super-wealthy won't allow you to change it. They own the Congress-person, who represents them, not you, me or anyone who works for wages! To think otherwise is to live in fantasy-land.
Change your PERSONAL situation. That's pretty much the only choice you have. You've just stated yourself that congress isn't going to do it.

I was watching Warren Buffet on the show Sunday Morning last Sunday. The Democrats used him often to talk about his support of the middle and poor classes. He's 82 and didn't have this revelation until the last few years. When the reporter asked him why he started investing so young his reply was: "All I knew is that I wanted to be rich". When asked why, his reply was: "So I could do and have whatever I wanted". NOW, when he has one foot in the grave, he has decided that the discrepancy between the rich and the not so rich is important. How noble. The point I am making is that everyone can get caught up in the loopholes, etc. when they are available. It's just human nature. Is it maddening? Yes. Would anyone turn down the chance to take advantage of those same opportunities? Most probably not. I don't blame the rich.
A couple of days ago I read this: " If someone wants something bad enough, they'll determine a way to achieve it. If not, they'll find an excuse for not doing it." Think about it. I know that I'm guilty of that.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Sorry for tirade.
Boring.
better informed decisions

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

from what I've read that would be the Fair Tax but no income tax?
guesswho

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your own FairTax research, start with the word "prebate". It's been explained ad nauseum in here already.
More Bullshit, I pay gains tax when I sell stock and real estate. I am far from the upper percentage, adding in my wages earned I pay a lot more than Romney as a percentage of income!! The real estate part was before Bush sunk the economy, not so much now.

You dance all around the POINT, which is the upper percentage of earners pay LESS AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME THAN MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS!!! You still won't answer the question "WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE UPPER PERCENTAGE OF WAGE EARNERS PAYING THE SAME AS MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS"

You believe in the FairyTax, do you also believe in the myth of TRICKLE DOWN! A myth perpetuated by the upper percentage of wage earners to validate their need to just get richer at the expense of the middle class. Look at the history of middle class wealth over the last 20 years, and then compare that to the history of the rich for the same period. The rich get richer and the middle class is becoming the working poor. Great for corporations trying to compete with China, not so great for Americas Middle Class workers.

Why do you want to see this trend continue, a simple answer is long overdue, skip the bullshit
who knows

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring.
Just another reason the American Middle Class is getting screwed. They would rather watch a football game than try to understand why and how they are getting screwed. Or maybe they just enjoy it, who knows.
Weather

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

better informed decisions wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called fair tax is a consumption tax that will favor the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.
Weather

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another reason the American Middle Class is getting screwed. They would rather watch a football game than try to understand why and how they are getting screwed. Or maybe they just enjoy it, who knows.
Or that they/we accept the fact Congress is serving Congress and their masters and there's nothing we can do to stop it.
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

better informed decisions wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, no personal income tax, just like several states have done.
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Weather wrote:
<quoted text>The so-called fair tax is a consumption tax that will favor the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.
Short and sweet, one reason how that is so.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Those waiting on an elected Messiah to come along and lead us out of this quagmire we're in, good luck!
The road we'll have to take is the same bloodied route we took when we were young and idealistic, and immortal, a road that ended the Vietnam War and also won equal rights for all.
Don't look for deliverance through the gilded halls of Congress or the White House, rather through a perhaps violent uprising by the Proletariat.
In the meantime, back at the ranch, we still have only 2 choices, Those who want disburse wealth to more people and those who want to give it to a few and hope they will "Trickle some down". Unfortuneatly the super greedy have taken over these past 35 years and I believe untill a third party arrises that Democrats are the ones to put money in more pockets.
Agreed

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Anyone who thinks "trickle down economy" works is in the top 1%. This does not work, has been proven not to work, and still some people think this is the way to go. Even the word "trickle" should have given everyone a clue to the non-existence of this theory. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Nothing "trickles down" when the greedy can put it in their pocket. And that's exactly where it's been going. When you see people that have worked at the same place for years and still make little more than minimum wage, it's terrible. Especially when that company is making millions of dollars. The big money stays at the top and nothing "trickles" down except their pockets when the change from those $100's get too heavy.
chevy

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Agreed wrote:
Anyone who thinks "trickle down economy" works is in the top 1%. This does not work, has been proven not to work, and still some people think this is the way to go. Even the word "trickle" should have given everyone a clue to the non-existence of this theory. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Nothing "trickles down" when the greedy can put it in their pocket. And that's exactly where it's been going. When you see people that have worked at the same place for years and still make little more than minimum wage, it's terrible. Especially when that company is making millions of dollars. The big money stays at the top and nothing "trickles" down except their pockets when the change from those $100's get too heavy.
sorry your hourly rate factory job is so terrible

hang in there for awhile longer

Obama will make sure that all pay is equal so you will be making the same as the owner or ceo of your company

life will be good
Snorkle

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

chevy wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry your hourly rate factory job is so terrible
hang in there for awhile longer
Obama will make sure that all pay is equal so you will be making the same as the owner or ceo of your company
life will be good
What factory jobs? The greedy corporations have taken all the jobs to Mexico and overseas so they can make more money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,301 - 2,320 of39,647
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Alma Forum right now

Search the Alma Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
roscoe sears and renee tanner?????????/ 26 min Sukar 16
Eric Chinese 3 hr ate there 16
full or part time Tue lisa 3
Dr. Streat (Mar '09) Tue kim 64
Mrs.Sermons Mon praying 4
Blueberry Golf Mon Tell the Truth 16
Bacon Co Hospital ER Apr 19 citizen 28
•••
•••